KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cellular Sales

Engaged Employer

Cellular Sales

Add a Review

Cellular Sales Employee Reviews about "100 commission"

Updated Oct 22, 2021

Found 189 of over 2,282 reviews

3.8
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism
1,244 Ratings
Pros
  • "great pay and flexible schedule(in 240 reviews)

• "very good Income opportunity at cellular sales(in 156 reviews)

• Cons
  • "100% Commission sometimes means that your income might be low(in 155 reviews)

• "No Paid Time Off but who needs that when making good money(in 94 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cellular Sales and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "100 commission"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great pay outlook.

Oct 22, 2021 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

100% commission offers good pay.

Cons

Work hours can accumulate on slow weeks.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job w/ flexibility but may require weekends. 100% Commission.

Jun 28, 2021 - Wireless Sales Consultant in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to make good money working less than 40 hours a week. Health benefits are pretty solid. There is flexibility and the number of hours and days you can work in one given week/month. It is all 100% commission-based, but you also make some money off the sales of your coworkers (this can be good and bad). You do get to pick your schedule for the following month - based on KPI performance ranking (income doesn't always equate to ranking). People are willing to help and provide feedback to get better at selling. Little to no micromanaging, performance will be the basis of this.

Cons

Flexibility isn't always there. Absolutely no PTO and you CANNOT REQUEST TIME OFF - if you want to take time off for a vacation or anything in general, you HAVE to get people to cover your days. Sometimes you have to pay people to work for you. Making money on a daily basis is not guaranteed, a lot of days/time is spent on customer service questions and issues. 401k match is not great and there is a waiting period before enrolling. If you want to make good money, working weekends is more often than not the time where you want/have to work. If this fits your lifestyle then this job could be for you. You do get to pick your schedule, but it's all based on their own KPI performance metrics. You could have earned a big paycheck, but could still be low on the KPI rankings based on other factors. If it SALES and sometimes you see some unethical practices.

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to learn and grow.

Sep 1, 2021 - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Before I jump into why I enjoyed working here I do want to preface with this: My review applies solely to the individual Columbus, OH market as well as the greater Kentucky market. Every market for this company is different, has different rules, and is ran by different Regional Directors (RDs). Because of this, I can only say my experience will be applicable to you if you're looking for a position in this market. I cannot give feedback on the experience of working in say the Florida market for example. I worked specifically in Columbus, OH which is one of the cities that makes up the Kentucky market which spans OH/IN/KY. If you want to work in cell phone sales, this is the place to go. Yes, corporate Verizon or other retailers may provide a salary as opposed to CSOKI's 100% commission structure, but CSOKI offers VERY fair compensation and if you're a top sales person expect to blow the average commission numbers you see posted on here or Indeed out of the water. They truly reward you for doing well. Want to go to a nice steak dinner that the company pays for every few months just because you made a lot money? Want to create your own schedule every month where the better you perform the better the schedule is? Want to earn rewards outside of work for doing well at your job? This place has it all. Need time off? Sure there may be no PTO offered but not only can you craft your schedule around your trip, like I mentioned before, if that doesn't work just swap shifts with a fellow rep. It was not uncommon for people to take multiple 2-3 week trips every year. What other job lets you take that much vacation? Benefits are decent for being a 100% commission job, start up bonuses for new reps are very generous, 401K plan is good, management is excellent and cares about their employees. Speaking of management, another benefit is just how hands off they are when it comes to the day to day motions. If you've worked elsewhere and dealt with constant, annoying micromanagement you will get the exact opposite here. Most of the time, you won't even work with a manager at all. The most you might get in terms of micromanagement is a weekly recap with your sales manager to discuss how your month is going. However, they are always a phone call away and stay as available for you as possible. They also care highly about their reps and do everything they can to ensure your success. If you're having a rough go of things, I can also promise they will be lenient and work as much as they can with you to help get you back on the track to success. You will not be let go for 1 month of poor performance, they try everything they can before they will let reps go for bad numbers which reflects in the low turnover compared to similar businesses. To top all that off: the people who work in Columbus are some of the best coworkers I've had at any job I have ever worked at. You will not be dreading coming in to work because so and so is working with you today. The Columbus crew truly felt like a work family. The entire Kentucky market has a similar feeling, and there is a good amount of comradery to go around. I could go on and on about my excellent experience working here but I think you get the point. If you're a hungry, driven salesperson you absolutely will not regret working here. There are so many benefits to it, I can't even list them all. Thank you CSOKI, for everything.

Cons

Benefits could be better, and some things they do I did not consider fair. For example, when an item is lost in inventory due to theft, misplacement, or other mistakes they will charge you and everyone else who worked the day it was lost for the item. The biggest problem with this is that they charge you and the other reps off for the STICKER cost of the item, not the cost the company paid for it so they still make a profit off of it even if the item is lost. This among a few other minor things irked me, but the benefits FAR outweigh these minor inconveniences.

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

It’s always a highlight of the day when we see a review like this! Thank you for making time to share your experience and help others find a place with us through your story.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Depends

Aug 27, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The boss that I had was great.

Cons

The locations I worked at had many days there were close to no clients came into the store. The job is 100% commission and you get an hourly draw. If you have zero clients and cannot make money you can create a deficit hole fast. The recruiters will lie and show you a market that has the most clientele and highest rep. Make sure to ask to see the area you are working in and the reps at the locations you will be. Make sure to check the sales board for where you will be placed. Ask to also see the past few month's numbers for the reps at that location. This place also plays favorites. No matter what anyone says. The boss I had did not, but everyone up to the top dogs in the market did. They preached that they did not, but it definitely happens.

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

We’re grateful for your time with us and thank you for sharing your experience. We know the Cellular Sales opportunity is not a fit for everyone, but we value and appreciate those who give us their best effort. Thank you again and our best wishes for your career.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good pay, atmosphere, and flexibility

Sep 17, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good and can mostly select your own schedule after a few months. The atmosphere of the staff is generally good, viewed more as a stepping stone and lots of young hires. Management is easy to work for and supportive.

Cons

100% commission, taking time off always hurts. Late nights as well with stores open until 9

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Salary

Sep 30, 2021 - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped commission. Average rep makes 5-7k per month. 3 paychecks per month

Cons

No base pay. 100% commission. You are paid out you commission in advance at 13/hr and the remaining as a final commission check for the month

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

It's a great place to work

Sep 30, 2021 - Sales Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hours Schedule flexibility No micromanaging 100% commission so it's completely up to you how much you make

Cons

100% commission so it's completely up to you how much you make

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience!

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An ok starter job, but not a career

Oct 4, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can develop sales skills You can make good money for a job that only requires a highschool diploma

Cons

100% commission and they will charge you back for anything and everything they can They push to sell subpar phones and devices because they make the most on them Work culture is relatively toxic

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and hope you’ll consider sharing your feedback with HR or one of the members of your management team. Our goal is to support you and succeed as a team. Thank you again for being a part of this family and we hope we can serve you directly.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked

Sep 28, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can make your own money and that money can be really good

Cons

Because you are 100% commission they do not care how many hours they work you. That might be fine for some but was definitely a con for me. They had me working almost 60 hours a week

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us – we know our goals and culture aren’t a fit for everyone, but we do learn from everyone who walks through our doors and appreciate your time with us.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

It’s okay

Oct 9, 2021 - Wireless Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much micromanagement Good potential for income

Cons

100% commission There are a lot of hours

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews