Cellular Sales Reviews in College Station, TX | Glassdoor

5.0
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule gives you a better work life balance (in 120 reviews)

• The way the hours are figured is we basically get to pick our own schedule to keep an excellent work/life balance for those with families (in 44 reviews)

Cons

"Why join the CSOKI family?"

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in College Station, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a veteran who transitioned out of the Air Force working 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week earning $2,800.00 a month. I've been with CSOKI now for 9 months and I work on average 50 hours a week in the Bryan/College Station, Texas market and I average at about $5,000.00 a month. Just from the drop in hours and pay increase alone I would highly recommend joining the CSOKI family. That's just the tip of the iceberg though.

For all intents and purposes you are your own boss, sure you have your team manager, regional manager, etc., but you don't really see them unless you need help with something, screwed something up, or are at a team meeting. If someone asks for a manager you get the pleasure of saying, oh that's me!

You determine how you sell. CSOKI lays down the bottom and max lines for pricing and you determine where in that spectrum you sell your merchandise for. It's liberating to have so much control of your products and how you can move them.

There isn't a whole lot of monotony. Most markets have several stores you work out of, so you can either draft to work at 1 or 2 stores for the month, or you can switch up your environment every day.

You meet tons of really interesting people. It's an outstanding networking opportunity or just a way to meet really cool people. Some of the conversations you have while working will be hilarious, enlightening, or just downright strange, but for the most part they are all fun. That being said, you always have those 1 or 2 people who are just rude...see my only Con below...

There's a reason I said join the CSOKI family. Your co-workers aren't just people you see at work and that's that. You make strong, lasting bonds with people quickly here because everyone is so inviting and wants to be a family. A family minded team is a strong team and that's what CSOKI embodies.

Cons

Customers...

If you can't handle angry people every now and again, this career field isn't for you. If you can't handle unintelligent people, this career field isn't for you. If you can't handle impatient people who think the universe revolves around them, yup you guessed it, this career field isn't for you. I want to emphasize that this isn't the norm for customers, but it does happen.

Advice to Management

I can't say I really have any advice to management. My team is amazing and my manager is a leader not a boss. I've had bosses before, this is the first time I have had a true leader.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in College Station, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at your own pace and trustworthy policies.

Cons

Some representatives take advantage of customers and give the company a bad name, these employees never last long.

3. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in College Station, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are working for a company that truly values your hard work. The more effort you put into the job, the greater return you get. It's rare to find a company like that nowadays. Best paid in the industry and full benefits available.

Cons

I love my job completely. I've been with the company for three years and I can't complain. Just fulfilling the 20 word minimum criteria.

Advice to Management

Really appreciate keeping Cellular Sales true to the identity and culture that was created when the company was started.

"Lift changing opportunity where I can control my own destiny."

Current Employee - District Manager in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in College Station, TX

Pros

The compensation package is by far the best in the cellular industry.
    Really flexible times and schedule.
    Freedom to work outside of the normal retail environment.

Cons

Communication of promotions and policy changes are sometimes slow getting out to the sales reps.

Showing 4 of 1,029 reviews