Cellular Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and great work family (in 106 reviews)

• Cellular Sales Houston has given me the opportunity to have a work life balance and earn an uncapped commission (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission is not for everyone (in 74 reviews)

• because the schedule is so flexible and you can determine how much you want to work there is no paid time off or vacation (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Cellular Sales changed my life."

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I went from working 40+ hours a week and making minimum wage to now owning my own home, along with four vehicles. My husband is in the army and has a chaotic schedule, so it is nice to be able to have a job where I have the freedom to take off and spend time with him when he is home from trainings or deployments. This job has given me financial freedom and then some.

Cons

There is no "manager" so you, as a rep, are in charge of getting your paperwork in, no one is telling you the clock is ticking so it may be an adjustment for people who are used to having that.

Advice to Management

My management team is great, and I don't have any advice.

"It is what you make it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Great commission, unlimited opportunities
    independent contractor
    not agressive sales
    supportive management

Cons

no benefits
    trying to compete with internet prices and objections
    you have to work a ton of shifts to make Great money

Advice to Management

make more of an immediate action for reps not following "standards and/or rules or policies"

"You get in what you put in with this company."

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Gadsden, AL
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Gadsden, AL

Pros

- MONEY
    - Work as much or little as you want
    - Have total independence, little to no micromanaging
    - Love the hours.. Earliest 9am Latest 8pm
    - Shared Commisions which helps the cut throating

At Cellular Sales, you habe complete control over how much money that you will make. I do not recommend this job like to be out at work. Your shift must be covered but you have freedom to swap to as many or little shifts as possible. The money is unbelievable. I made over 4k my first week with my bonuses included. ou will not find a better job for the time that you put in. Average salary is 45k but if you are driven, 6 figures is easily attainable.

Cons

-No Benefits
    -No hourly pay
    -Work different locations maybe an hour from where you live.
    -Some coworkers dont care about work or money and it will affect your money because it's a shared commission system

Advice to Management

Great overall plan for this job scheme. Your money depends on what time and energy you put into the job. I absolutely love it! I want to grow as much as I can with this company. Thanks so much for the opportunity!

"Unique Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

In an economy where so many wireless companies have laid out "hiring freezes" for X amount of time, Cellular Sales has only opened up more stores and brought on more people.

Pros: Growth
               Stability
               How much work you put in directly reflects how much you'll earn
               Income potential is high with no cap on commissions
               Independence
               Balance of work and play
               Support team expanding from team of sales rep sharing the floor up to market/regional directors
               Promoted from within
               Superior product
               Professional attire (all reps look dressed to impress- no polos)
               Store rotation (reps don't burn out and have chance to build regional clientele)

Cons

Commission sales are not for everyone
    Lack of micromanagement- also not for everyone

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing this opportunity to so many people nationwide.

"Cellular Sales has been a great opportunity for me to build upon my sales experience and achieve my ideal lifestyle."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Cellular Sales provides an amazing opportunity for driven, ethical, professional salespeople to live their ideal lifestyles while pursuing a long-term career with no glass ceiling. Cellular Sales pays the highest commissions in the wireless industry, and therefore your efforts as a sales rep are in direct correlation to your income earned. You actually are given the opportunity to be paid what you're worth. There is a lot of flexibility in terms of scheduling personal time off, and there is no unnecessary micro-management to hold you back with bureaucracy and red tape. Cellular Sales has grown 147% in the last three years, so there is huge opportunity for growth in both the sales arena and in terms of advancement opportunities. All management is promoted from within, so those who have what it takes can definitely look forward to achieving their career dreams with the company.

Cons

Entrepreneurship isn't for everyone, so if you need to be micro-managed then Cellular Sales is probably not the right position for you. Compensation is also 100% commission, but it is uncapped and extremely lucrative for those who embrace the concept of being paid what you are actually worth.

Advice to Management

I think that the leadership at Cellular Sales does a great job of coaching their sales reps to the next level of success and they are a great resource for sales reps to turn to. They are able to accomplish this while empowering their sales reps to run their day-to-day interactions like a true business owner would.

"Cellular Sales has been the most incredible opportunity I have ever found, you actually get paid for what your worth!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

I have had a few jobs in my time, my last job before coming on with CSOKI was as a substitute teacher for the local school system. No matter how hard I worked, and did my best to teach the kids not to just babysit them, I got payed the same as all the other substitutes. The beauty of CSOKI is that my hard work and effort finally pays off. If i bust my tail and put in the wrench time, my efforts are rewarded. I guess in short, I made double what I was averaging a month teaching in my first two days... CSOKI is an incredible company that alloys you to decide when you go on vacation, get a raise, and even what hours you wish to work. The freedom is just unbelievable as long as you can handle the responsibility. I guess what you need to ask yourself is; " Are you ready to start getting paid for what your worth?"

Cons

The only con with CSOKI is the same as the pros, you do dictate your own schedule thus if you do not work you do not get paid. If you can not handle the responsibilities of being your own boss and motivating yourself then this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity, this job has changed my life as well as my families lives. Thank you for believing me and I hope to exceed you expectations.

"This has been the best job/career I have experienced."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

They give you all of the tools and guidance to succeed. I worked in Insurance for over 8 years and the only thing I regret is not finding this opportunity sooner! If you are willing to get paid truly what you are worth and are willing to put in the effort you are greatly rewarded. I would reccommend this to anyone interested in sales and has drive.

Cons

not an hourly job, 100% commission, but if you are confident in yourself and your skills this can also be a bonus because commissions are not capped. For some people this can be an issue, This job is not for everyone, but is very rewarding to the right person.

"Cellular Sales has rewarded me with an incredible culture in which to work and the ability to earn based on my efforts."

Current Employee - Sales Representative/Recruiting in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative/Recruiting in Birmingham, AL

Pros

The culture is strong. Leadership is consistently looking for people that have earned the privilege of added responsibility and bases the "promotion" on character and a job well done over seniority. The knowledge that working harder than the next guy financially rewards you rather than always earning the same salary regardless of work effort is something I will not trade. As a small business owner in partnership with Cellular Sales rather than an employee, I have much greater control over my finances and the tax benefits that come along with owning a business.

Cons

At first, I thought that the lack of benefits was a huge con. But I have found that, even after purchasing insurance for my family and contributing to my retirement, I am taking home more money than I did in my past jobs. Having said that, this opportunity is not for everyone. There is minimal management (great for me), and understandably, many need a manager to structure and push the daily goals. Unless you are truly self-motivated and responsible (take an honest look at yourself), this may not be the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Know also that your sales partners don't always see how many times you go to bat for them. It's not patting yourself on the back to include them on how you fight for them. Rather, it would help continue to foster the "team" and "family" atmosphere.

"Unique and rewarding opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Pros

*no cap on income
    *flexibility in scheduling
    *entreprenuerial experience
    *advancement opportunities based on performance and not seniority

Cons

*no benefits package
    *some travel required

"Greatest sales opportunity I have had in my 20 years in sales!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

Pros

* Unlimited opportunities when it comes to making income.
    * Team atmosphere
    * Flexibility (draft concept is brilliant!)
    * Rewards performance, not tenure. Allows new folks great opportunities to come in and make a name for themselves.
    * True belief in company's mission of delivering unparalleled customer service and getting paid to do so.
    * Ample opportunities for career advancement with local and national growth.
    * Great training program and there seems to be a real focus on continuing education opportunities (workshops, Fratz sales training, etc.)

Cons

* There are a few senior reps that continue to "clerk" the opportunity, which hurts ALL in the long run.

Advice to Management

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. Continue to focus on recruiting motivated, customer focused, sales associates so that we may all grow our business by delivering the unparalleled customer service that Verizon Wireless customers expect from Cellular Sales.