Cellular Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

1,013 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule gives you a better work life balance (in 120 reviews)

• The way the hours are figured is we basically get to pick our own schedule to keep an excellent work/life balance for those with families (in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent environment!"

Current Employee - Wireless Account Manager in Liberal, KS
    Current Employee - Wireless Account Manager in Liberal, KS

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working for Cellular Sales is the environment, The company is full of leadership that is always there to help each individual that is looking to succeed within the company! They also have great benefits, and pay as well! Everything you put into your work the more you get out of it! The Company is very rewarding to work for, they take the time to praise the individuals that are doing well within the company and also. The way the hours are figured is we basically get to pick our own schedule to keep an excellent work/life balance for those with families. Near the middle of the month we have a "draft" that allows reps to pick out of selected shifts throughout the day for you schedule for the next month.

Cons

The only con I have with the business is that everything is constantly changing, and to be honest that isn't even the companies issue. That is just the industry! new devices are coming out all the time, new promotions as well!

Advice to Management

No complaints

Cellular Sales Response

Nov 15, 2017 – Cellular Sales

What a delight to hear how much you enjoy working with us! We sincerely appreciate the positive comments and we wish you all the best in your future with Cellular Sales.

2. "Review"

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uncapped income. Verizon products and services

Cons

No paid time off. Good old boy system at best. No diversity in leadership. No accrued vacation. No sick day leave. Confused management hierarchy system. Hey you promotion system.

Advice to Management

Start over.

"Drink the cool-aid or be let go, pray your GM is cool. Not for the weak."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cape Coral, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cape Coral, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good commissions if you know how to sell. Be prepared to lie to people/persuade to get them to buy old products so you can make fat commissions.

Cons

Recent management changes trying to make the company more like corporate. As an employee you are not valued, if you screw up and your manager dislikes you, they will replace you. Not what it used to be a few years ago. Company cutting commissions and packing sales floor with reps. You used to make over $75k a year, now your lucky to make $50k. Stay away. Not for newbies in the wireless biz. No paid vacations, no sick time, nothing. You don’t work, you make zero. Its a job, not a career. You work only 6 hour days, in the ow months you make zero some days. Good luck.

Advice to Management

If you lose all your best people, your business will start to crumble. Replace lousy managers with better ones.

4. "Cellular sales"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

Control your schedule. Unlimited commissions.

Cons

Fluctuation in pay check. Having everyone on the same page

5. "Coastal Texas review"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential , Time off is always available and the teams are very friendly and understanding

Cons

Honestly I haven’t found anything that’s not fixable with the help of your team mates

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing

6. "Truly A Blessing"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Thorough and on-going training
    Competitive Salary
    Welcoming and Supportive Staff
    A company you can grow with

Cons

None. I wish I had starting working for this company sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :)

"Top 5% rep telling you to stay away"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People (the ones you work with, not customers). I enjoyed my co-workers and the flexibility to get shifts covered if I wanted off.

Cons

So many....where to start! Pay: It seems like you make a lot of money (I hit the top 2 tiers over 15 times in my tenure), but there's so many deductions that you are lucky to get 75% of what the board showed for you. Commission reporting is so confusing! After learning it, I found on 7 separate months that I was shortchanged in pay (though once I brought it to light they paid me). Time-off...NON-Existent. Commission only job should not have uncompensated "Mandatory Meetings" outside of work schedule. That is actually illegal according to Department of Labor. Benefits, it spoke a lot to their "contribution" amount when I left and the option to continue cobra was only $60 more than what I had been paying. I paid $182 every 2 weeks. Just awful.

It's retail!!! Not professional outside sales. The comp plans change so often it's hard to keep up. Now they are making reps lose 1 entire shift to MAKE you do phone calls for 8 hours and cold call people to buy phones....To make it so they don't have to compensate you for going to that specific store (mileage) where they have a "Call Center", they are making everyone sign a form to change their home store location to it, even if it's over 100 miles away. Doing that, also screws you over from claiming mileage on taxes now. BTW, that shift too is uncompensated.

Advice to Management

They never listen to employs anyway...but if you'd like to lower your 60% turnover, maybe you should!

8. "Cellular Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commissions, you can literally make however much money you want if you can figure out how.

Freedom- you can schedule yourself however you want and you don't have to work a certain number of hours. You can work 100 hours a week if you want to, or 5, completely up to you.

When done right- the culture of the company is awesome, however most areas don't have that culture on a store level.

Cons

You're on your own. No one is there to manage the team or help you succeed really you develop/sink/swim, all on your own. If you're not self-motivated and self-disciplined this is not the job for you.

Zero management involvement can lead to issues.

If you do care about where you work and your job in general, you will get burned out pretty quickly as no one in upper management does.

If you're wanting to move up I highly recommend you find out exactly how the promotions structure works before you start this job. Several reps with management backgrounds have left after a short period of time because they didn't understand the company has no real interest in promoting people.

Advice to Management

Visit your stores at least a few times a year (not just to do interviews, but to actually visit your stores), speak to your employees instead of waiting for them to reach out to you.

9. "My favorite job!"

Pros

Flexible schedule (work as much or as little as you want... you get to pick your schedule based on a draft system. Where you fall in the draft is based on your sales performance.)
    Uncapped commission (you can literally make as much as you want)
    Benefits
    Even though this is a sales position, the sales come naturally of you focus on solving customers problems versus thinking about your check.

Cons

Some of the reps could be a little more positive.
    Some of the reps are “annoyed” they have to help someone figure something out on their phone. Customers are paying for a service and it’s our responsibility to make sure our customers don’t feel like they’re bothering us. I believe management should look a little closer at this. We need to make sure our customers feel important and like they matter. The delivery and tone some of the managers have can be argumentative instead of professional and constructive.

Advice to Management

Leadership development. Pour into your leaders. Have them do mindset and abundance mindset activities. Positive affirmations, and lead by example. Lead with your heart. Put your team above all else. The team is what builds their pay checks. Pour into your team.

10. "Not a Bad Job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex Schedule, Easy Going, Nice Management

Cons

Changes a lot, expectations change quite a bit

Advice to Management

Be consistant

Showing 1,013 of 1,029 reviews