Cellular Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and great work family (in 102 reviews)

• Cellular Sales Houston has given me the opportunity to have a work life balance and earn an uncapped commission (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • because the schedule is so flexible and you can determine how much you want to work there is no paid time off or vacation (in 28 reviews)

• 100% commission is not for everyone (in 66 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Cellular Sales changed my life."

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I went from working 40+ hours a week and making minimum wage to now owning my own home, along with four vehicles. My husband is in the army and has a chaotic schedule, so it is nice to be able to have a job where I have the freedom to take off and spend time with him when he is home from trainings or deployments. This job has given me financial freedom and then some.

Cons

There is no "manager" so you, as a rep, are in charge of getting your paperwork in, no one is telling you the clock is ticking so it may be an adjustment for people who are used to having that.

Advice to Management

My management team is great, and I don't have any advice.

2. "CSOKI Orlando"

Pros

Great atmosphere. Amazing opportunity to grow as a professional.

Cons

Back office relations can be a pain. big divide between them and sales makes your job more difficult than it needs to be.

Advice to Management

Team build

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We're always improving sales skills and finding the best solution for our customers' needs.

Cons

Pay can fluctuate with retail cycles.

Advice to Management

Base plus commission would be preferable to commission minus draw.

"Welcome to Dunder Mifflin err I mean..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great and well meaning. This is a good entry level job that provides the opportunity to earn beyond typical entry level salary. Great place to learn sales basics while making decent money.

Cons

No direction, no innovation. It's basically Dunder Mifflin. Cellular Sales is a purely retail company fighting against the inevitability of the ease and affordability of the Online Market, and we caused it by selling everyone a device that made us obsolete. Making the last bits of money we can off of a dwindling demographic that's still uncomfortable shopping online by turning our agents into call center solicitors/retail location hybrid representatives. Other issues exist but the crux of the matter is a dwindling demand for our services. I estimate a 2-5 year lifespan. There was ample evidence this was coming, but the main business strategy has always been "invest as little as possible and make as much money as you can right now." That doesn't allow for thinking 1 year ahead, much less 1 week ahead. They needed to be thinking 5 years ahead at least to find ways to supplement the

Advice to Management

Start a viable used cell phone sales program 3 years ago to combat the decline of new phone sales now that the death of the 2 -year contract has lifted the veil on what customers are truly paying for new phones. Focus on meaningful add on sales by keeping stores stocked with accessories customers are currently searching for so they'll keep coming back to buy these things from us, which will keep demand high and our prices lower 5 years ago. Start working on your own brand instead of being another remora on the Verizon shark.

"Extemely unprofessional atmosphere"

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

Off the top of my head, none.

Cons

Very unprofessional inexperienced management, constant turn over in upper management. The company is growing way faster than current management knows how to handle or is capable of handling and employees pay full price for the chaos. Preferential treatment is rampant among management and employees. What's ok for one employee will get the next terminated. Employees with 0 management experience are promoted and the employees that find themselves under these newly promoted managers suffer greatly. The atmosphere is frantic among management as they scurry to figure out what to do and how to handle situations they are confronted with. Narcissism runs rampant, especially the more husbands and wives they place into management positions. Its a terrible atmosphere with extremely foul mouthed hot tempered supervisors and managers whose frustrations are usually their own fault but taken out on everyone under them. No exaggerations here, I recommend working for this company to no one.

7. "Sales Rep"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom and responsibility that comes with 100% commission structure. (minimal micromanagement)
    Generally positive and friendly environment
    Network sells itself

Cons

Saturated market with pretty much unchanged quotas.
    Inconsistency with commission
    Occasional shady co-workers
    Extra fees
    Often referred to as inferior due to being an authorized retailer
    Company takes the sales from reps for uploading documents and charges the reps for merchandise that is stolen

Advice to Management

Give reps the money they earn. The company would not exist without the sales reps at the front line. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

"Wireless Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team work and a very supportive environment. I really like that the commission is uncapped and there is a huge potential to make money.

Cons

No cons. If you are good at sales and like resolving issues for customers, this is a great opportunity.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Cellular Sales (Less than a year)

Pros

Here at this company you are treated like a family member and a team member. They care about your work-life balance and make a schedule and income that is tailored to fit your needs at home and in your wallet.

Cons

In this business it is hard to count on store traffic and generate your own leads and that is one thing that I have found to be a little difficult throughout my time working here for cellular sales. They still give you the revenue streams you need to generate your own cash through different channels such as Facebook at work to network new clients, and also phones throughout the store to answer incoming business calls.

Advice to Management

no advice to give really for management, there are so many stores opening up and so much growth that there is always area and room for improvement. You are only as good as the people you hire to join your team, management has had some downsides with hiring people that may not be the correct fit for cellular sales, but thus far I have seen no real concerns with the management or company.

10. "Pros/Cons"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

Back in October, I was introduced to Cellular Sales. I was given an opportunity to work for the company. Ever since then, the company has been nothing but great. My coworkers and work environment are the best part of the job. Everyone is very welcoming and willing to help you out with everything.

Cons

One thing you must do is overcome situations from time to time with customers, but of course that comes with any job that deals with customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We are expanding our company rapidly and we continue to do a great job.

11. "Great Company"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

pay, flexibility, down to earth, good pay, good health benefits

Cons

management; no room for growth

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and inquire as to what is wrong with them.