Cellular Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Cellular Sales Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and great work family (in 104 reviews)

• Cellular Sales Houston has given me the opportunity to have a work life balance and earn an uncapped commission (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • because the schedule is so flexible and you can determine how much you want to work there is no paid time off or vacation (in 30 reviews)

• 100% commission is not for everyone (in 68 reviews)

"Awesome opportunities with this employer! You dictate your paycheck."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and great work family.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Little management structure, which is great. You for the most part, manage yourself.

"Cellular Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cellular Sales is a job that is flexible with your schedule. You do not have a manager over your shoulder each day trying to micro manage your time. The company really does try to make you fell like you have a second family (work family). Finally Cellular Sales gives you all the tools and training you need to really succeed and make a nice salary!

Cons

You do have to be a self motivator. Some of the days can seem long if you have work and than have meetings after. Honestly I can not really think of any Cons with this job.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a little more of a structure ladder for those Sales Consultants that join the team for a career such as myself.

"Senior Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales (More than a year)

Pros

Money, Money, Money, Money, Money

Cons

Shark like competition, good though.

Advice to Management

The Jacksonville Market is outstanding.

"Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited income, no cap. Full health benefits. Flexible scheduling. No micromanaging. Very laid back environment but still a very competitive place to work.

Cons

No paid vacation but then again you can make your vacation money in 2 weeks and take a 2 weeks vacation.

Advice to Management

trainings are a little too long.

"Poor management choices"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

100% commission so possibilities are endless. Little micromanagement.

Cons

Slow days where you make nothing. New "Elevate" program forced on employees and labeled as a benefit to us, but instead is just another way to take away your commissions. Expect to be forced into traveling an hour each way for unpaid trainings and meetings at least 2-3 times per month. No gas or time compensation for "required" (Non-Verizon) trainings. These are only unofficial trainings by cellular sales, not required Verizon trainings for your actual job.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing your personal agenda and professional aspirations on those below you just so you can try and get ahead. You are making many of your employees extremely unhappy.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great earning
    No Micro management from supervisors
    Flexible schedule
    Decent benefits
    Discounted Phone plan
    Management that actually cares about you and will invest in your future

Cons

Takes about 3 months to start actually getting paid on your commission the first time and as Verizon doesnt pay out commission for 60 days after the close of the month you are always 2 months behind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Great knowledge into diverse sales."

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Wichita Falls, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money,,no sweat,,mossy people came and we ready to buy...phones are VERY essential to day to day life and Verizon is #1, respectively, in their field.

Cons

Long hours which cater to mall schedule. Once the holidays arrive it get WAY BETTER!!!

Advice to Management

Work on split shifts!!!

"Wireless Account Manager"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is very effort driven, what you put in you get out. No micromanagement. Schedule is very flexible. Co-worker morale is high. Potential is nearly unlimited. Booming industry.

Cons

Inconsistency. Subject to the ebb and flow of business/economy. Low floor.

Advice to Management

Keep information for the sales force consistently up to date.

"Work to live, not live to work!"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of my job is that there is no ceiling to the income earned! If you want it, you can have it, all you have to do is hustle.

Flexibility is also a major plus with Cellular Sales, you don't have to feel like you live to work. Our schedule changes every two month with a draft ranking system. The draft system provides an atmosphere of competition which rewards reps who diligently strive to close sales.

Last but not least.. THE PEOPLE! I really enjoy most of my colleagues and teammates, I can honestly say they have made me a better person and sales rep. Through my position at Cellular Sales I've already begun to create lasting relationships that will benefit me many years after my time here.

Cons

The Sales Rep position at Cellular Sales requires a great deal of organization with paperwork and money. If these are skills that aren't quite up to speed then focus on them quickly or the position could cost you money!

Also to me, a minor con is the travel. When first starting out its tough to get desired shifts so this means you may have to travel to surrounding counties to work. But if you work hard, and hit the ground running, then this is only a temporary con.

Advice to Management

I have little to no advice for management. I am very happy employee and I am highly motivated to put up numbers for my team!

"Buyer Beware!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job can be very rewarding in terms of compensation. You sell phones, which is super easy because customers always need new phones. You sit at a desk all day. Very little physical activity. I put on 15 pounds in 2 years. It's great for motivated, hard working, diligent sales people. I loved the sales aspect. They have medical insurance through BCBS. It's decent health insurance. I received a free LG phone as part of a sales contest. They frequently gave away free products on contests. If you hit 10k n a month, they give you a Tag Heuer watch.

Cons

I was never able to take vacation time. There is NO PTO time. So if you get sick, take a vacation, get married, or have a baby --- YOU GET PAID NOTHING. I repeat. YOU GET PAID NOTHING. You are 100% commission, and therefore if you're not making money they're not making money (and they don't care). I hadn't taken a vacation in 1.5 years and I was debating about having a baby but I couldn't even see how that was going to be possible. The daily commute could be 7 minutes some days, and it could be 55 minutes other days. You draft EVERY 2 WEEKS a different schedule. You never have the same times, stores, days, etc. While this can be flexible if you have children, it's also inflexible because if nobody picks up your shift, you have to work it. Most reps that had kids were relegated to the night shifts. Then everybody complains that the night shift people don't make as much money (which is sometimes true). I loved working with technology and people. What I despised was how badly customers treat employees. I've never been treated so horribly by customers in all my 15 year sales career. Customers yell at you frequently because they're angry about their bill, which you had nothing to do with. There is a ton of customer service to this job as well. You'll have to help customers with things that are completely unrelated to Verizon. Reps will stab you in the back over shares of sales. So many reps are concerned with shares of other people's sales rather than looking at their own sales performance. They'll stab you in the back over $5. Literally. I used to trust my direct manager, until he let me go with no warning or writeups. I had no writeups in my entire file. He didn't allow me to fix my mistake. He let me go over one mistake. The one mistake was not gross misconduct or stealing. Then other reps reached out to me and let me know that they were also unaware of the changed rules and had made the same mistake as me. However my direct manager didn't care, and terminated me anyways. The rules and Verizon promotions change constantly. You are plugged in 100% of the time. You are expected to answer your work phone AT ALL TIMES. You're constantly reading emails, whatsapp, voicemail, texts, etc. to keep up to date on all the changes and jokes and whatever else they deem appropriate. You read all of this on your time off and get paid nothing for all the extra work. You are supposed to go to draft meetings at 6am every 2 weeks. Then market meetings about once every month. Then call center meetings once a week where you'll make phone solicitor calls to Verizon customers to set sales appointments. This is all UNPAID TIME also. Remember, you're 100% commission. They nickel and dime you for everything. You have to pay out for lost or stolen items. If other reps or customers steal something, everybody that worked the store that day is charged out a share of it. A $760 phone goes missing on a 4 way share, that's $190 you have to pay. You get 401k matching of a measly 1ish% (at their discretion annually). The final straw was when I was yelled at for taking a lunch break on a 9 hr shift. I was told I don't get lunch breaks. I looked it up legally, and in the state of Florida there was nothing I could do. After all that I've experienced, you decide if this is right career path for you.

Advice to Management

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.