Cellular Sales Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and great work family (in 101 reviews)

• Unlimited income potential with flexible hours where you can actually have a work/life balance (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • because the schedule is so flexible and you can determine how much you want to work there is no paid time off or vacation (in 28 reviews)

• 100% commission is not for everyone (in 66 reviews)

1. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture with friendly management willing to repay hard work time and time again.

Cons

Hours could be long, this was strictly my location. Other than that, if you want a job where you don't have to put in effort, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Don't stop. Maybe loosen the commision structure so its not such a struggle to get the SPIFF we have earned.

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cellular Sales (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, freedom (not micro managed)

Cons

The entire management structure. Other markets are not the same but Charlotte market is under leadership of money hungry ethic lacking men. If you're a woman, then the chance of any promotions are slim. The RD's are not approachable.

Advice to Management

Clean house...all new management.

3. "Phenomenal Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Savannah, GA

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, flexible hours, benefits, leadership

Cons

Not everyone has the entrepreneurial spirit to own this opportunity

Advice to Management

Build a better relationship with corporate.

"This Place changed my Life"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility with schedules
    Little to no micro management
    Very good pay to hours worked ratio

Cons

Commute could be tough sometimes

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to reps
    Don't loose our identity in an ever changing world

"A company of hidden angels"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cellular Sales is not a job, its a career, because you have control of your future with the company, its 100% comission, laid back, you can make appointments and promote yourself just as if you were promoting your own business.
    Cellular Sales develops your mindset, they have an amazing entreprenuer program called "Elevate" which is a key essential element in those who are willing to succeed with the company, and with your personal.and business life.
    You are own own boss, you make most in store desicions yourself, however, like any company there is management that you report to and escalate situations to,
    you are responsible for your own pay, therefore noone is breathing down your back.
    There is big potential to make really good money if you have the attitude and mindset.
    Very comfortable enviorment, work at your own pace.

Cons

Management is very incompetent and inconsiderate,
    Trainning is mediocre
    You are magically getting charged for missing inventory,
    Cellular Sales is not recommened if you go to school/college due to work scheduling
    The work hours are super long, average of 10-12 hrs/day
    Great career, but easy to get burned out
    Very high employee turn over

Advice to Management

Management should be more open minded and considerate (dont throw the employee under the bus)
    Have more available mentors to train new coming employees
    Management should always coach and provide periodical feedback to employees
    Hire more employees so that way all employees can work an average of 8 hour shifts

"great company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales (More than a year)

Pros

benefits are ok but for the most part what I experienced this was a good company to work with. constant sales training to help out too. pretty easy to take time off if you need... I felt lucky to get the team leader I got who helped me out the whole time..

Cons

I hated inventory it had to be done in the morning and also in the evening. scanning almost 1000 items each time. it was brutal but that is really my only gripe about this place

Advice to Management

find a better way to do inventory. there was always talks of a better system that was coming but it never did

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Professional Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Professional Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a great sales professional but feel like you are not getting paid your worth. This is a great company for you. The compensation here is great and is at a higher rate than any other cell phone store. Great The training and team spirt makes it an easy transition when new

Cons

Keep an open mind because you have to learn a whole new way to sale. The trainers are great to help with the transition though

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great earning
    No Micro management from supervisors
    Flexible schedule
    Decent benefits
    Discounted Phone plan
    Management that actually cares about you and will invest in your future

Cons

Takes about 3 months to start actually getting paid on your commission the first time and as Verizon doesnt pay out commission for 60 days after the close of the month you are always 2 months behind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Buyer Beware!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job can be very rewarding in terms of compensation. You sell phones, which is super easy because customers always need new phones. You sit at a desk all day. Very little physical activity. I put on 15 pounds in 2 years. It's great for motivated, hard working, diligent sales people. I loved the sales aspect. They have medical insurance through BCBS. It's decent health insurance. I received a free LG phone as part of a sales contest. They frequently gave away free products on contests. If you hit 10k n a month, they give you a Tag Heuer watch.

Cons

I was never able to take vacation time. There is NO PTO time. So if you get sick, take a vacation, get married, or have a baby --- YOU GET PAID NOTHING. I repeat. YOU GET PAID NOTHING. You are 100% commission, and therefore if you're not making money they're not making money (and they don't care). I hadn't taken a vacation in 1.5 years and I was debating about having a baby but I couldn't even see how that was going to be possible. The daily commute could be 7 minutes some days, and it could be 55 minutes other days. You draft EVERY 2 WEEKS a different schedule. You never have the same times, stores, days, etc. While this can be flexible if you have children, it's also inflexible because if nobody picks up your shift, you have to work it. Most reps that had kids were relegated to the night shifts. Then everybody complains that the night shift people don't make as much money (which is sometimes true). I loved working with technology and people. What I despised was how badly customers treat employees. I've never been treated so horribly by customers in all my 15 year sales career. Customers yell at you frequently because they're angry about their bill, which you had nothing to do with. There is a ton of customer service to this job as well. You'll have to help customers with things that are completely unrelated to Verizon. Reps will stab you in the back over shares of sales. So many reps are concerned with shares of other people's sales rather than looking at their own sales performance. They'll stab you in the back over $5. Literally. I used to trust my direct manager, until he let me go with no warning or writeups. I had no writeups in my entire file. He didn't allow me to fix my mistake. He let me go over one mistake. The one mistake was not gross misconduct or stealing. Then other reps reached out to me and let me know that they were also unaware of the changed rules and had made the same mistake as me. However my direct manager didn't care, and terminated me anyways. The rules and Verizon promotions change constantly. You are plugged in 100% of the time. You are expected to answer your work phone AT ALL TIMES. You're constantly reading emails, whatsapp, voicemail, texts, etc. to keep up to date on all the changes and jokes and whatever else they deem appropriate. You read all of this on your time off and get paid nothing for all the extra work. You are supposed to go to draft meetings at 6am every 2 weeks. Then market meetings about once every month. Then call center meetings once a week where you'll make phone solicitor calls to Verizon customers to set sales appointments. This is all UNPAID TIME also. Remember, you're 100% commission. They nickel and dime you for everything. You have to pay out for lost or stolen items. If other reps or customers steal something, everybody that worked the store that day is charged out a share of it. A $760 phone goes missing on a 4 way share, that's $190 you have to pay. You get 401k matching of a measly 1ish% (at their discretion annually). The final straw was when I was yelled at for taking a lunch break on a 9 hr shift. I was told I don't get lunch breaks. I looked it up legally, and in the state of Florida there was nothing I could do. After all that I've experienced, you decide if this is right career path for you.

Advice to Management

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

11. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good money and flexible scheduled

Cons

100% commission and a little micro management

Advice to Management

stop worrying about stupid little things