Cellular Sales Reviews in Savannah, GA | Glassdoor

4.6
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and great work family (in 106 reviews)

• Cellular Sales Houston has given me the opportunity to have a work life balance and earn an uncapped commission (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission is not for everyone (in 74 reviews)

• because the schedule is so flexible and you can determine how much you want to work there is no paid time off or vacation (in 30 reviews)

1. "Phenomenal Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Savannah, GA

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, flexible hours, benefits, leadership

Cons

Not everyone has the entrepreneurial spirit to own this opportunity

Advice to Management

Build a better relationship with corporate.

2. "Sales/ Mentor Trainer"

Current Employee - Mentor in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Mentor in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for a successful company and letting it change your Life to become successful. There is no Micro Managing here, You treat it like your personal business that you want to see stay the best. No Caps on commission so the SKY IS THE LIMIT...

Cons

I would say the only con is sometimes late hours 1-9.. But this is retail so its part of the job when you work in the retail market. I'm willing to sacrifice a little to become successful in life.

Advice to Management

I will say being in Sales for going on 6 years and leaving ATT corporate from where I was constantly micro managed and everything I done wasn't good enough while also being capped on my commissions its hard to find any improvements here when you feel valued at your job. So with that being said the company is well structured with Good Management that is here for you when you need them. I couldn't be happier that I call Cellular Sales my Career, Coming to work is what I enjoy not what I dread to do.

3. "Rewarding both financially and professionally"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Right off the bat this job gave me a very comprehensive training that set me up for success even though I did not have sales experience prior to starting. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but once you do, you can soar. There is no ceiling cap on how much commission you can earn, it depends on how hard you work. This is one of the only jobs where I felt like I was paid my worth- I work hard, and don't like to feel unappreciated, but this job never makes me feel that way. I work hard and get noticed, recognized, rewarded. I also like that they are thinking about us on both a professional and personal level. The company invests in all kinds of resources for you to be successful. They also play just as hard as they work- which makes it a fun environment.

Cons

You've got to have discipline to be able to manage yourself because you really are your own boss here. No one micromanages you- which is a blessing, but if you are lazy, play on your phone, or drop the ball a lot, it's easy to just hang around and have a good time... which is not good if you want to succeed here. You have to be mature enough to not let negative people get to you either, but that applies everywhere.

4. "Independent Contractor"

Current Contractor - Wireless Sales Contractor in Savannah, GA
    Current Contractor - Wireless Sales Contractor in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The money and the being bale to have the best updated phones.

Cons

They went from contracting to full time employees which make you lose out on money. They have a buddy system going on and bad management. They also have very dishonest, greedy, money hungry employees that get over on the customers.

Advice to Management

Hire with integrity not people that are going to make you the most money but then you fire them for doing what you wanted but keep your buddies around.

"sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like working for this company because it offers uncapped commission, and I also like being around technology all the time.

Cons

Retail hours stink. fairly cut throat sales position. numbers are pushed very hard

"Great if you're a good fit"

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A really fun group of people on my market, great commission structure

Cons

Lots of driving. Sales is not for everyone, but this is one of the easiest products to sell.

Advice to Management

My current market has too many people on shifts. It's easy for them to do this since its 100% commission and you don't have to pay extra money to flood the floor with reps. I know many of the upper half of reps are sending resumes out because of this.

"Amazing Opportunity, First Class Company!"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cellular Sales is an overall incredible company to work for. Their website states "If you are an honest, motivated person with an entrepreneurial spirit, Cellular Sales provides the perfect job opportunity for you to work how, when and where you want." Nothing could be more true. In addition to the highest commission I've seen in a sales career, you are afforded the opportunity to build your own client base, have an incredibly flexible schedule, work with a solid team of A-grade professionals, and take advantage of ongoing training and betterment opportunities with no micro-management. Did I mention there is no commission cap? You can make 60K a year, or pass six figures before the holiday season, according to your own motivation and drive.
    I have worked in upper and middle management, as a consultant, and as a business owner. I have never enjoyed my work as much as I have since I started here.

Cons

The only cons are also the greatest perks of the company. You are treated as an adult. No-one looks over your shoulder or breathes down your neck. You show up for your shift, you take care of your customers, you take care of the store, you go home to your family. Not everyone can handle the freedom and the responsibility. Cellular Sales will give you as much Rope of Opportunity as you want. Some people climb. Others hang themselves. I personally enjoy the view from up here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It simply works.

"Excellent Opportunity!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Wireless/B2B Consultant in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Wireless/B2B Consultant in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

The experience I have had with Cellular Sales has been so rewarding, especially financially! No cap on commissions means the sky is the limit! We have some of the highest paid reps in the country! My schedule is flexible so that if I need to be with my kids I can. This company is very family oriented also, so if a problem arises I know my Cellular Sales family is there to support me. I have been here over 2 years and I plan on being here many more!

Cons

It is a retail position so you will work nights and weekends sometimes and holidays are very busy! However, these shifts are great money makers!

"Recession Proof"

Current Employee - Professional Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Professional Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money is good no matter the economy. Scheduling works well with work life balance. Company seems to grow and develop more programs that help their employees excel in their career. This company also focuses on staying ahead of the technology curve.

Cons

Taking time off hurts. Especially if you want to make money. Typical drive to work each day is over 30 minutes.

Advice to Management

Focus more on individual goals. Listen more to your sales force about current situations.

"Like working in the movie.. Boiler Room"

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Savannah, GA

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to move around your schedule was the best part of this job!

Cons

You can make good money, but at what cost? Taking advantage of your customers is usually met with some type of repercussions or the loss of your job. Here at cellular sales, its met with high fives and praise. Many sales reps here are dishonest, and charge hundreds of dollars more than what the products and services are worth. These same reps are the leaders of this company. The training is a joke! The equipment is so old and outdated, it doesn't work half the time. In conclusion.. This company is no better than a used car dealership! I wouldn't work or buy here!!

Advice to Management

Teach values instead of misleading your guests. This isn't highschool its a business. Take responsibility when customers want to speak with management vs passing it off on the reps.