Cellular Sales Reviews in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

3.6
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule gives you a better work life balance (in 108 reviews)

• Cellular Sales Houston has given me the opportunity to have a work life balance and earn an uncapped commission (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission is not for everyone (in 74 reviews)

• because the schedule is so flexible and you can determine how much you want to work there is no paid time off or vacation (in 30 reviews)

1. "A Company that continues to grow!"

Current Employee - Employee Relations PM in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Employee Relations PM in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility!!! Great Leadership!!! A lot of Recognition!!! Company invests in those who show drive with education that they can take with them for life.

This job is the perfect place to get what you put in. You are provided with many tools and resources to generate your money. You put the work in, you will be compensated.

Cons

Grass always seems greener on the other side... but honestly, especially compared to other jobs, I have no cons. I feel very fortunate to have my job with Cellular Sales.

Advice to Management

Keep noticing the best part in your employees!

"Good Money/lack of growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can make as much as you want if you put in the hours.

Great people to work with on the floor

If you were starting a business this company's business plan would be perfect because it's the reps that take any lose and not the company.

Cons

Where to begin.

First lack of inventory is a joke especially from a company that takes spiff money from the rep if they don't hit a certain number of new acts. How about using that money you take to load up on inventory for your sales reps?

There is no moving up in this company and even when you do, you are still simply a sales rep with more responsibility.

Went from being a team atmosphere to more of an individual/cut throat atmosphere.

Charge stupid $35 set up fees to customers and then the company takes half of the 'set up' fee as if they did anything to deserve it. Oh and your personal cell number is the one that's blown up once the customer sees this on their receipt.

Shady sales reps are rewarded but never answer their phones when customer calls so other reps are stuck dealing with the lies they've been told.

Pay structure is almost impossible to understand, deacts are impossible to track, company charges reps for all missing items.

Promotes false growth of the company. Opens up other stores while their old stores are ignored.

Insurance and dental coverage is one of the worst packages I've seen. Reps are paying $500 plus for a family plan.

Reps who have been there 10+ years are still just sales reps. That should say something about their professional growth potential. Good enough to hit quota every month but not good enough to move up in the company.

No PTO so taking any kind of lengthy vacation is pointless because they still expect you to hit their non changing monthly quota. If you don't, they will take up to 80% of your spiff money.

'Ghost lines' are added to people's accounts and applauded by management as long as you don't get caught.

Tons of people are leaving this company because they've gotten away from what truly matters, their sales reps and the customer. It's all about putting money is Dane and the regional managers pocket while taking away from the sales reps.

Advice to Management

Get back to what made Cellular Sales great. Take care of your sales reps because they are the life blood of your company. Stop taking money from your reps to open up stores in BFE. Take care of the stores you have. Stock the stores with inventory. Get better insurance plans, and actually act like your sales reps matter.

"Great opportunity"

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You determine your income!! You can work as much as you want!! Straight commission with a draw in the beginning of the month..

Cons

Depending on the manager, sometimes long hours. Not for everyone..

"Fun work place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back work place which allows Freedom while being in an low pressure environment

Cons

The potential for upward growth is somewhat limited

"Very Volatile company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money at first, then everything changed

Cons

You have to rip people off to make money there. Comp plan is always changing in a negative way. One of the managing partners in the CF market is a real jerk

"Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission job that can make you 40-85K depending on how good you are.

Cons

Job security is based on performance, they constantly hire and fire. Ownership and management primarily care about profits not people. Commission structure changes constantly. They make the Reps. pay for missing inventory and you have no say in the matter.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees and customers and the profits will take care of themselves. Update your business model, high attrition rates equal unhappy employees and subpar customer service.

"The Best in Retail Wireless"

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation is the best in the industry. You get out of the job what you put into it. In the Florida market, integrity was a focus, and all sales skills were built around it.

Cons

Different markets have different leadership, and there are certainly some markets where integrity is not as much a focus. I worked in a market where I was TRAINED to do things that would get you fired in the Florida market.

Advice to Management

I would simply say to the CEO to not just focus on the individual RD's numbers; make sure to pay attention to the integrity and the customer experience as well.

"Sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Contractor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Contractor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Income potential, flexible work schedule

Cons

Over staffing stores, have to be aggressive to make money. More individual, less teamwork oriented.

Advice to Management

Over staffing your stores is not the best idea. It creates a great deal of tension between reps...

"account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility is a plus depending on personality and if you are more of a go getter than others. Great for entry level position into sales. Room for growth in other markets.

Cons

Management lack stability and high turnover in employment. The new hire process is lacking and misses the mark to make one successful out of the gate after a grueling and challenging experience to be coded. Good ole boys environment; so if one is less than fond of you, you will be gone soon. Either force exiting or termination for some mediocre situation that has and often occurs in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stronger training for management and a true HR department for unlawful behavior to be addressed and corrected with the correct channels.

Cellular Sales Response

Oct 6, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Although your experience with us is not indicative of a typical one, we nonetheless value any opportunity to consider ways that we might improve upon our existing... More

"A very customer care oriented company that allows me to make good money and have time for a life outside of work."

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Largo, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees and great management. Not stressful. 401k and good medical

Cons

Must be good with clients and knowledgeable with all electronic devices. Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Would like to have paid vacation and paid sick leave.

Cellular Sales Response

Jun 23, 2016

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you highlighting some key points for potential applicants to consider to better determine if they would enjoy a career with Cellular Sales.