KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cellular Sales

Engaged Employer

Cellular Sales

Add a Review

Cellular Sales Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 16, 2021

Found 144 of over 2,274 reviews

3.8
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism
1,236 Ratings
Pros
  • "great pay and flexible schedule(in 240 reviews)

• "very good Income opportunity at cellular sales(in 156 reviews)

• Cons
  • "100% Commission sometimes means that your income might be low(in 155 reviews)

• "No Paid Time Off but who needs that when making good money(in 94 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cellular Sales and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Sep 2, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Huge earnings potential. Work-Life balance is amazing. Great training and support staff.

Cons

Commission only, no paid time off.

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review!

2. 3.0

Full Commissions and Low Traffic Equals High Attrition

Jul 2, 2021 - Sales Representative in Everett, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Regional directors seem to genuinely care! On several occasions, when they stepped in to help, they provided support and help that was waaaay above and beyond! These guys are personally responsible for this review not being a 1.

Cons

- Medical coverage is ridiculously expensive! Especially for a family. - Scheduling is done via draft where everyone comes to work for a mandatory meeting, sometime after hours. Draft pick is via a rating system based on performance. Manager’s pick their own schedules and team is expecting to draft almost randomly around manager’s schedule. - Work/life balance is difficult. Scheduling is so randomized it’s difficult to plan. - No vacation time. And very difficult to schedule time off even after saving up money to cover for the time you’re not at work. - Store management ranges from terrible to amazing, depending on the store. Amazing is a great culture. Terrible is a toxic environment. I’ve existed in both. - What they call “State Draw” is a scheduled payment of (currently) $20.50/hour and if traffic is low or you’re having a bad month and you don’t make enough to cover your State Draw, they build what’s called a “hole.” Next commissions check goes towards your hole first, then you get what’s left. - I’ve been selling Verizon products for a long time and haven’t made a commissions check in this company yet. Traffic and store management have contributed to this. - Inventory is mostly decent but can dip low and it becomes difficult to sell products that take days to weeks to get to a customer.

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience! We hope you will consider sharing your feedback with one of the members of your management team.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working here has been an enjoyable journey!

Jan 15, 2021 - Wireless Sales Consultant in Johnson City, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have made some life long friends while working. The work environment is laid back and my co-workers have always been very helpful, giving me the tools I need to succeed. I have not ever felt left out or excluded with anyone. This job gave me all the tools I needed to grow as a salesperson. Management have always been there for me, holding me accountable and helping me whenever I needed it, whether it be with sales training or helping me get my shifts covered so I am able to have a solid work/ life balance.

Cons

Honestly the only con would be how much information one must learn when first working here. If one has no sales experience, they must be teachable and willing to ask for help in order to succeed and grow. I came from a restaurant and had did not have any type of sales experience. After asking the right questions and being diligent with all the trainings, I grew into the successful sales representative I am today!

5 people found this review helpful

National Trainer

It is always a highlight when we see a review like this! Thank you for making time to share your experience and help others find a place with us through your story. It’s teammates like you who help our culture thrive! We are actively hiring in your area if you know others looking for an opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Cellular Sales!

4. 3.0

Decent Company to work for

Jan 4, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped commission. “Flexible” schedule depending on your ranking in the area you work. Great coworkers. Great management outside of one Manager. Variety of ways to make additional money outside of strictly device sales. Great environment to work in.

Cons

In charge of getting all shifts covered regardless of health/family complications. Implemented making “warm” calls 4 times a month to the same consumer to “insure the sale sticks”. The market I’m in it’s mandatory to do 150 calls a month with 10 days of calling 10+ people in order to “draft” your schedule. Top performers get the best store locations and shifts even during this pandemic. One manager is ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS late to every shift and never has been disciplined for it. If inventory is missing it comes straight out of everyone that was on shift that day/night with no explanation. Even with explanation everyone is still going to be paying out of their commissions check for whatever product it was at full cost. The way the handled the initial pandemic since wireless sales was deemed essential was to give a $3 bonus to the employees and a half pay for anyone that did not feel comfortable working. They preach a work life balance but as soon as you take multiple days or shifts off they get on your case. Zero PTO.

National Trainer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review – we’re very grateful for your feedback and insights! We hope you will consider sharing your feedback with one of the members of your management team.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company for the right people

Aug 12, 2021 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

High commission, benefits, flexible schedule, and a great work life balance

Cons

Retail hours can be tough, there is no PTO, and growth is limited

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome Company,

May 4, 2021 - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic Leadership from the top down! Everything is based on your performance and work ethic - we have reps who earn anywhere from $2,800 in commissions to $22,000 IN ONE MONTH!!!!! We have a large number of individuals earn 10K or above monthly - its really a no Cap Commission Structure + You choose your schedule based upon performance. This was my first Commission Based job and I have been with the Company for 5 years and consistently make 5K+

Cons

It is a HUSTLE! You had better be prepared to have a tough work life balance the first 4-5 Months if you want to be successful. I told my family and friends I would be really unavailable and figured out how to make my money quickly.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Need better work life balance

Oct 16, 2021 - Sales Associate in Deland, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

New information on emergent phone technology

Cons

No work life balance, no paid vacation, no healthcare, no sick days, no union.

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us – we know our goals and culture aren’t a fit for everyone, but we do learn from everyone who walks through our doors and appreciate your time with us.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Preach Ethics, Practice Deception

Jul 20, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Barre, VT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to make a great deal of money. Long hours and lots of UNPAID training.

Cons

Forced to operate in unethical or grey areas in order to make gigh commissions. Promises of schedule flexibility and time off but very hard to manage or get approval for these things. Not a very good work life balance. Not paid for training or travel time. Total pyramid Scheme.

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

We’re grateful for your time with us and thank you for sharing your experience. We know the Cellular Sales opportunity is not a fit for everyone, but we value and appreciate those who give us their best effort. Thank you again and our best wishes for your career.

9. 5.0

Goood Company

Jul 7, 2021 - Phone Sales Representative in Lenox, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid based on your sales

Cons

Work life balance is hard

Talent Acquisition Systems Administrator

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not Very Transparent

Jun 23, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Great culture amongst co-workers Develop good friendships

Cons

No work/life balance Expected to answer customer calls off the clock Always one-upped by a corporate location

Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Reviews