Celtic Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Celtic Healthcare Chief Executive Officer Arnold E. Burchianti
Arnold E. Burchianti

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They understand you have a family so they try to provide a good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Organization has a strong focus on patient care (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Home Health is challenging because of many constraints (in 8 reviews)

• The company has grown a lot in the last few years and we have experienced some growing pains (in 4 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Good people, good work environment.

Cons

Could use more team building.

"Therapist"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the flexibility of making my own schedule, it works best for my family. I love the team work, no therapist can work as an island and requires the team for success with patients. Celtic fosters the team work well. This is not easy in the Home Care environment.

Cons

Productivity expectations are difficult to meet with the traveling expected at times. We don't get credit for actual time worked. For example, if I attend IDT for an hour I only get credit for .5 admin units. The same with a 1 1/2 staff meeting which often goes over time, we only get 1 Admin unit. I am only allowed admin units for travel outside my territory. In my case the my territory is much larger than most, but I do not get credit for that. This does not seem right.
    Changes to compensation were made without informing therapists in advance. I submitted information for Bonus/Admin units and was told "that was just changed, you don't get Admins for that anymore."

Advice to Management

I understand changes need to be made as healthcare changes. I would like to be notified in advance and be allowed some input. When a therapist is asked to go beyond the "norm" they should be provided the tools to do so, including reimbursement for the actual time spent.

3. "Celtic Healthcare Employee Review"

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Celtic Healthcare is an organization that is quickly evolving from a small home health agency to a major player in the home health and hospice market. The company provides many great career opportunities with endless possibility for growth and advancement. Although Celtic Healthcare is evolving into a large organization, the organization maintains its tight knit relationships between employees and management at all levels. It is easy to feel valued and at home when working for Celtic Healthcare.

Cons

Although the growth and advancement that Celtic Healthcare is going through offers many upsides, there are also some growing pains that can be felt throughout the organization. The main struggle is communication both between and within departments. Important information will get to all individuals who need to be involved, but the information transfer is often slow. This can cause excess work and frustration at times. However, I see issues such as these as being temporary due to the fact that the Celtic Healthcare's leadership team is constantly trying to identify and correct issues as the organization grows.

Advice to Management

The advice that I would offer at this time is to stress the importance of communication to employees throughout the organization. It may also be helpful to offer classes to employees on effective means of communication. I feel that this would help bring all departments closer together and ultimately benefit the organization as a whole.

4. "Patient centered care"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Central, Columbia, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Central, Columbia, PA

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After experience on a busy med surg unit was looking for a way to focus on patient care and education without distractions. Home health was a great fit, and Celtic gives us the tools to succeed. We follow best practices and use cutting edge technology. I also appreciate that there are growth opportunities.

Cons

Home health is more challenging than many expect because we function at such an independent level. If you like independence, you'll love home health.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to communicate changes to all employees. It helps to hear the reasons behind decisions.

"Celtic"

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with great leaders. Truly care about their employees

Cons

Health insurance could be better.

6. "Hha"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and patients

Cons

Pay could be a little more.

Advice to Management

Praise your employees when deserved.

7. "Caring executives and support staff"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Mars, PA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Mars, PA

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The executives and support staff with Celtic Healthcare honestly care about their field employees. Working at the headquarters in Mars, I hear the many discussions regarding how we can make things better for all staff. Executives care about their employees, hear their concerns and work hard to make sure every need is address. The support team here is amazing and really wants to help the field staff to the best of their ability. With everyone having the same goal of service excellence for staff and patients, it makes for a great team!

Cons

When you constantly strive to provide the best care possible, there is always room to improve. Celtic Healthcare is growing tremendously due to our partnerships and commitment to excellent care. However, with more growth comes the need for more work force. We are hiring as quickly as possible with many opportunities, but at times it seems like we can’t hire fast enough.

8. "Living the Life"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Monroe, NC
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

caring of pts. and families

Cons

communications between staff and staffing

9. "Billing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Mars, PA
    Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Mars, PA

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with. Everyone gets along without many issues. We work well as a team and if someone needs help there are at least ten people willing to jump in a help out.

Cons

I wish I could work from home more. However that is the only thing I can think of that I would change about Celtic.

10. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - CNA in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Celtic Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patients love them. Supervisor Jaime Barbour is the best Amy Kent is great too

Cons

Changes...pay period. Clocking in Is a problem

Advice to Management

None