Cendyn Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Charles Deyo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company morale and folks that are willing to help each other out (in 3 reviews)

• Tons of opportunity for growth and career advancement (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Speaking of upper management, executive leadership skills are non-existent (in 6 reviews)

• Employees take confidence in a company when there is a proper HR department that are there to help employees (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time

Pros

Easy going environment, good company morale, snacks provided often in the kitchen, team members willing to teach and help each other.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in it could take a long time to move up in the company. Some departments seem to be overworked.

Advice to Management

Provide more fun activities and training sessions. Replace employees after they leave so remaining are not left with too much excess work.

2. "Come Where the Action Is - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Executive in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Company is growing like crazy so lots of opportunity for growth within and have lots of impact. Lots of great people. Very focused, passionate and hard-working.

Cons

There are none really. No different than any other growing company.

3. "Proud Team Member in Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at Cendyn for over 10 years and have seen a lot of change - All for the better! No company is perfect but I feel like they really care for me and my family. The work is intense but challenging. You can never get bored at this company because they continue to evolve and innovate. They are leaders in their field and I like being a part of an organization that is pushing the envelop.

Cons

We are growing so fast we are running out of office/desk space but luckily Cendyn owns the building and can expand to more space if needed.

Advice to Management

Love all the fun food breaks - Keep them coming. Never knew there were so many "National Something Something Days"! Thanks for adding more depth in HR to help support the team.

"A poor company for growth"

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

- Fun celebrations for quirky holidays (National Banana Day, Cereal Day, etc)
    - 5 free lunches a month in the downstairs restaurant
    - Depending on your department, some flexibility
    - Friendly colleagues, again, depending on your department

Cons

- Managers have little sense on how to lead people, leading to poor communication and a great deal of disorganization. A lot of focus for higher level management is wasted on petty work, for example fixing punch times.
    - I have seen the company say that the environment is fast paced, but the root cause is lack of organization, and a propensity to not have a vision of how their products should work in the long term. Fast paced is fun and exciting! Disorganization is just a slap in the face for good employees.
    - Health insurance is good, but otherwise the benefits are poor. No sick days, and it takes a full year to accrue any time off.
    - No real HR team.
    - Pay is a good deal poorer than the industry standard (at least 33% lower in some cases!)
    - The culture will vary wildly from team to team. Some teams are more human and flexible, whereas others treat employees as if they should be grateful to have a job at the company. Feeling like you are begging for your vacation days happens, because the team needs you all the time to clean up messes .
    - Reviews are not done in a timely manner, and the company leaders will skirt around giving a raise as long as possible. There is no retro pay either, which all combined represents a lack of respect towards the employees as professionals.

Advice to Management

Make working at Cendyn something that makes business sense to your employees. With all the unusual applications and workflows, your employees matter. The way things are just shows greediness from your company. Bananas and cereal don't pay our bills or replace our lost time spent cleaning up after management's mistakes.

Sep 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your recent review of Cendyn. We’re sorry to hear that you had some negative experiences during your time with us. As you mention in your review, cultures do vary in our team and that... More

"Nice place to work but with some problems"

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

All staff members are nice and respectful to each other. There is free soup every Wednesday, free donuts every Friday, and five complementary lunches per month at the Meat restaurant.

Cons

Most managers seem to lack basic knowledge of their domain. There's little oversight, quality control, or overall planning. The company constantly commits to ridiculous deadlines. Most of their applications have critical security flaws and suffer from bad performance. Constantly hiring because new people leave within a few weeks.

Advice to Management

Plan before taking action. Hire competent people. Invest in retraining current employees. Offer better compensation.

6. "Account Coordinator"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company morale and folks that are willing to help each other out. Management is great. Those two things are extremely tough to find in this day in age.

Cons

Pay could be a bit higher. And sick days would be appreciated. Only earn vacation after working a year. Health benefits after two months.

"Shame on you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedules are somewhat flexible.

Cons

Where do I begin? Having been employed at Cendyn for only a short time, I was there long enough to know that the owners should be ashamed of themselves. That said, I am not a disgruntled former employee. In fact, I am more than grateful for the opportunity- because future employment couldn't possibly get any worse. So regardless of the response this review may elicit from the narcissistic CEO, or the artificial reviews posted immediately afterward by the useless executives, what I'm about to share is devastatingly accurate. So I suspect you'll be busy, since this WILL be posted on multiple sites.

"Two Sides" and believe me, the grass is not green on either one. One half of the company appears to be a maximum security prison where the inmates are serving a life sentence, while the other is more like daycare where the children come and go as they please, through a proverbial revolving door. They do however, share some things in common. Employees are mistreated, hard work is overlooked, and being unqualified is the quite literally the only quality required for upper management.

Speaking of upper management, executive leadership skills are non-existent. I will even go one step further and say that their lack of professionalism and inability to communicate are prime examples of how not to run a company. Wake up Cendyn. Most of your employees are in search of opportunities elsewhere.

Middle management is toxic and of course, trained by upper management. Enough said.

Human Resources - Despite the facade, this company with over 250 employees is without a proper Human Resource Department. Does this tell you something? But yes, this is convenient because Directors and VPs childish, nasty and abrasive, so anyone who reports to them couldn't possibly communicate their displeasure. Working there is like sinking in quicksand, with one foot on your head while work is shoved down your throat. Should you make a mistake due to the pathetic lack of guidance, YOU will be held accountable. As they would never dream of accepting responsibility.

The project management system is not used to manage projects. It is used to examine, admonish and control.

Half of the company does not account for their time, the other half must document every minute. In other words, two hour lunch breaks are overlooked, while others are interrogated for walk to the restroom. This is not an exaggeration. This is reality.

There is a gross lack of boundaries. Rude, childish and ignorant Directors will not hesitate to question a casual conversation between coworkers. This sense of control and ENTITLEMENT is unacceptable. There is no room for independent thought, and this goes without saying but there is ZERO RESPECT.

Company Culture - New employees are not personally introduced, promotions are never formally announced, and if you're fortunate enough to receive a review, it will be used to berate. On the other hand, if they don't care enough to berate you, I’m sorry to say, but you will plead for no less than 4-6 months to get a review.

Pay is insultingly LOW and (once you have received your untimely review) yearly increases are a slap in the face. Overtime is expected and there is NO compensation.

For a “tech” company, they refuse to invest in current technology therefore employees are made to suffer the consequences due to outdated and insufficient resources. They will not however, hesitate to impose unrealistic expectations on their hard working employees only to promise the world to their already unsatisfied clients.

One final note -POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE CRAFTED BY CENDYN EXECUTIVES IN A PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO CONCEAL THE TRUTH. THEY ARE GREAT AT ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY, WHICH IS BEING DECEPTIVE.

Best of luck Cendyn. You're going to need it.

Advice to Management

Keep your free lunch cards and your roach infested water dispenser. Instead, focus on improving company morale, and invest in a legitimate Human Resource Department. What goes around, comes around.

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We were extremely saddened to see your recent review of Cendyn and we’re sorry that you feel that your time working with us ended with such a negative experience. It appears that something, or a few... More

"Prefer Not To Say"

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

NONE!!! NONE!!! What else can I say there is nothing that I find a Pro working for this company

Cons

Lack of Leadership! Poor Moral! No training! If you want to be treated like a kid and monitored through out the day as if you are not capable of doing your work then I would say go for it! This company, owners are still in business and I don't know how, the way they treat their employees...I would never recommend this company to anyone. NO SICK TIME!!! NO PERSONAL TIME, they only give you 8 hours of PTO for the year! So if you are sick it's on you, they expect you to make up that time when your out!

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to the facts that you don't have retention within your company in some of your departments, that still comes back to leadership or lack of!!!! Listen to those who stand up and say something!

Aug 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate every constructive observation that may help us improve.

We feel sorry that you did not have a great employee experience with us. We understand that our... More

"SEM Analyst"

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

Great for career growth. Great training and leadership.

Cons

There can be a lot of politics involved.

"CRM Project Management Team: WORST EMPLOYEMENT CHOICE!"

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

None while I was there

Cons

Is a FACT: People don’t leave jobs; they leave managers.
    The company core values are not shared by this team leads and I'm sure upper management is aware of this. Employees are unappreciated, underpaid and disposable. They see the employee as replaceable regardless of the resources spent in a new associate. Few things are as costly and disruptive as good people walking out the door - which happened several times while I was working there -
    The management for this team overworks people - they expect the employee to work 24/7, on their own dime (no OT paid) while they check with scrutiny punch in & punch out. Extremely poor work life balance is expected.
    The CRM Project Management team is understaffed, they have high turnover due to bad leadership and lack of training.
    Verbal and mental abuse is a common practice by the manager who lacks confidence and professionalism, also presents NO communication skills to team. This person believes management is about by threats, gossip, lies and abuse.

Advice to Management

Pay Overtime when employee is asked to work extra hours.
    Investigate the high turnover and do something about it.
    Provide a standard role training to a new hire, what is the training department for????
    Provide management training to team supervisors - some have NO Clue how to manage, train and motivate individuals in a team

May 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we at Cendyn appreciate every opportunity that helps us improve. We regret that you had a negative employee experience with us, and that you did not have the chance to... More