Cendyn Reviews | Glassdoor

Charles Deyo

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time

Pros

Easy going environment, good company morale, snacks provided often in the kitchen, team members willing to teach and help each other.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in it could take a long time to move up in the company. Some departments seem to be overworked.

Advice to Management

Provide more fun activities and training sessions. Replace employees after they leave so remaining are not left with too much excess work.

"If I could give you a 0, I would."

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

I loved my job, but I didn't enjoy being used as a human shield so my manager could get away with literally doing nothing all day. My distaste and review are not for the Company; but for the "manager."

Cons

If your career goal is to be treated like a piece of garbage by an incompetent manager, then this is the place for you. Not only will you be doing your job, but you will also be doing the job of everyone else around you - picking up the slack where your "manager" refuses. There is absolutely NO company culture, morale, or respect for one another. People WILL take advantage of you and WILL throw you under the bus when it comes time to taking responsibility. This job is only good for one thing - experience on how to deal with a bunch of children running around, pretending to know what they are doing. If you think you have any future with this company, you need to re-evaluate your thought process, open your eyes and use your brain.

The company is constantly trying to cut corners by taking away software that is required to make the product and supplementing it with a cracked version of a one-off program some college kid wrote 15 years ago that is full of bugs. I can think of no good reason to recommend anyone I know to work here; there is no real HR department, only a loud mouth who walks around talking about everyone's problems out loud like it's high school.

Unless you are on the CRM Team, which seems to be the ONLY team with Managers that care and will talk to you like another human being, I wouldn't waste more than a couple of months at this sinking ship.

Advice to Management

No matter what you tell these people, their faulty system and twisted outlook have already screwed them over. Numerous times. Things that are happening with the people that are lower on the totem pole but produce the most work never gets to the top. You start to wonder if anyone ever really cares.

Stop making people BEG for promotions and raises; look at the work that is being produced by that person, don't look at the manager that sits around all day and takes credit for everything, though they have accomplished nothing. Pay people what they are worth and stop trying to low-ball everyone. Clean house of the individuals who have gotten too comfortable to leave cause they have no real skill and can get away with everything.

Cendyn Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We, at Cendyn, appreciate your review as it provides an opportunity to reflect on the way are perceived and offer ideas for improvement. Our leadership is fully committed to make steps toward ... More

"Operations"

Pros

Friendly, dedicated employees. Management tries to consistently provide employee perks. Multiple products to offer the marketplace, well dispersed revenue opportunities.

Cons

Poor communication. Inefficient in most departments. HR and Finance are handled by the same people, which is too much based upon having 250+ employees. Some people in management are not in positions that emphasize their strengths or they don't have the knowledge to create a successful environment for them or direct reports.

Advice to Management

Recognize areas of weakness and seek help from experts and those in the day-to-day that can create improvements.

5. "My experience at Cendyn"

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great Health Benefits
    - Awesome Work Environment

Cons

- Team-to-team Disparity
    - Team inequality
    - Management

"Poor Management, Expect Stagnation"

Former Employee - Production in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Production in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some good connections and friends at Cendyn, but 'the good ones' seem to leave after a couple years.

Cons

- Bad leaders
    - Poor communication between teams
    - Archaic technology affects workflow, performance, and personal growth
    - Lowest pay compared similar companies

----------

The company has very poor management, and is awkwardly split into two separate sides, literally, as the building is divided down the center. Teams do not communicate well, or sometimes at all. The lack of collaboration between people that are working on the same project can be astounding, and often results in many problems towards the end of a given project's build cycle.

When I started, we were using cracked versions of Adobe software most of which were eventually removed, along with our productivity. The technology is outdated and makes much of the work take far longer than it should. Speaking of which, prepare to keep a log of your time - everything you do is micromanaged and broken down into fifteen minute increments - no, seriously. You have to account for every waking moment of your day, all day, which can be demoralizing after only a short period of time. This makes 'budget times' feel far more threatening than they should.

As far as personal improvement, I learned nothing here, as Cendyn uses a proprietary CRM that is about 10+ years out of touch with modern practices. They continue to put band-aids on an ever-growing cyst that just needs to be removed. Increasingly, clients ask for things that they see elsewhere online that Cendyn simply cannot replicate. The sales team promises things that simply can't be done, and the development and production teams are expected to scramble to 'make it work'. When you compare the work of Cendyn to any other hospitality company that produces proposals and brochures for hotels, the difference is clear. They badly need an overhaul, and I feel my time was wasted here.

Advice to Management

To say the least, a refresh in leadership positions would do this company wonders. I was bogged down by a stubborn, impatient, and childish leader who had little time for the individuals on his team. Perhaps this is the reason many people, including myself, left my department. Take a good look at the people who are responsible for departments with high turnover rates, start forgetting their time at the company, and start looking at their complacency and inability to grow.

Improved hardware/software and higher pay would also go a long way to keep good people from walking away.

"Experience"

Former Employee - SEO Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - SEO Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

Good Experience, nice environment. Great opportunity to learn.

Cons

No room to grow, hard to move up to better positions.

"Just Another Employee"

Pros

- Free Lunch on Wednesday
    - Free Coffee
    - Donuts on Fridays, Popcorn on Tuesdays
    - Good Benefits
    - Telecommuting Options

Cons

- Below Average Pay
    - Lack of Growth Opportunities
    - Lack of Training
    - High Turnover

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth.

"Best Decision I've Made"

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Cendyn for over a year and had a chance to grow within the organization. Simply put, work hard and you'll be recognized and get rewarded. Fast-paced where no two days are the same make for an exciting career and never a dull day.

Cons

As business expands so do needs for better internal hardware and additional resources to keep up.

Advice to Management

A 401(k) match would be nice.

"Great for Long-Term Growth"

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cendyn is a company that grows at incredible speeds, but manages to keep its employees in mind all the time. There is lots of room for internal growth and promotions. The company offers lots of benefits and perks, from insurance plans to food and parties. The new building is one of the best in Boca, and they’re going international very quickly as well. The overall atmosphere is great.

Cons

There should be more focus on upgrading to more current hardware. There are employees that buy their own hardware or computers to work more efficiently.

Advice to Management

Work on interdepartmental communication a bit and keep growing!

"Great place to work with lot of future growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Cendyn for few years now and have never seen a day when I can feel that I am tired or bored with the work which I am doing. Being in the software development field this company have given lot of knowledge and challenging work which have always satisfied my passion for work. In terms of salary and growth also the company have proven itself very well during rough or good times. Its a very good place for anyone who would like to be a part of any project which starts from ground up to going live and maintaining it.

Cons

Communication needs to be little bit more fluent between different departments.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the great job in terms of recognizing the key people's work and providing more opportunities so that one can see the future growth.