Cendyn Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Charles Deyo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Honestly, lots of great individual people here" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great people, great opportunities for any and all" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The benefits are not pleasing, no sick time and 401K doesn't match well" (in 4 reviews)

• "Employees take confidence in a company when there is a proper HR department that are there to help employees" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company with Tremendous growth"

I have been working at Cendyn full-time

Pros

-Positive environment
    -Great communication from SLT
    -Good salary
    -Fast-paced, evolving environment (which I like)
    -Team members are helpful to new employees

Cons

-Wish Healthcare would be available upon start date
    -Would be nice to have the standard industry PTO (usually 20-25 days upon start)

Advice to Management

Keep evolving in this great direction!

2. "QA Analysts"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn and grow.
    Great boss.
    Good growth opportunities.
    Everybody is willing to work as a team and help each other accomplish goals.
    Cheap health insurance.

Cons

Benefits are below average.
    Pay is below average.

3. "good"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly coworker, work time is flexible

Cons

benefit is not good, salary is low

4. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great opportunities for any and all

Cons

Not great pay/benefits, sometimes the air conditioning goes out!

"Not even worth the paperwork"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Restaurant in the ground floor of the building
    - Popcorn/Soup Day
    - Instant Coffee Machine

Cons

I worked at Cendyn for over 3 years, here are my thoughts:

-Job Titles / duties are very different from industry standards. Just because you are called a "Support Specialist" doesn't necessarily mean the skills and experience you have at Cendyn will transfer to a similar role with 90% of other employers. Cendyn also uses in-house titles for people, other employers wont know what an eProposal Implementation Engineer is; they shouldn't have to.

- Responsibilities are high, you will be on-call, you will be working over 40 hours a week usually, you will be working overnight without notice, and you will not be compensated for any of it. There was a time where Cendyn lost or fired 75% of it's IT team in a period of 2 months. Nobody was hired and responsibilities were forced on the unsuspecting.

- Pay is lower than the industry standard, even with excellent reviews you will be hard pressed to get a small percentage raise. Raises will be promised but never delivered.

- Promise too much to clients, provide too little. I have seen big clients cancel service and sue for breach of contract after teams passed blame around instead of acting on KNOWN issues. Huge disconnect between project managers and implementation teams.

- Really shady customer data practices, being subversive with auditors. Lying to clients about specific data obtained. Telling clients data is flowing even with gigantic datasets missing.

- There are a few "untouchables" at Cendyn, usually people close to the CEO or friendly with people described like that. They usually shuffle positions every couple of months for these people, even though their performance is terrible. Steer clear of these people because voicing concerns to or about them will be pointless.

- There is a distinct lack of support from a technical standpoint. Nobody has time to teach, "you're smart, figure it out."

- Turnover is extreme, the people who stay are either too uncomfortable to leave, looking for something else, or "untouchable"

- Your holiday bonus will be a party at the office, and a free lunch at the Cendyn owned eatery. Just like the digital coal mines.

Advice to Management

You run the business as if it's a marketing company that does IT. You need to understand that Cendyn is an IT company that specializes in marketing. All of your products run on an IT backbone, you should know how important Tech is to your business.

May 29, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us as any feedback from current and previous employees helps our teams to learn and grow effectively.

We are sorry to hear that you felt that your... More

"Long Hours & Low Pay Contribute to People Running away"

Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, lots of great individual people here. There is free lunches, popcorn days, monthly gift cards to MEAT, and after surviving 90 days you get health insurance & a free gym member ship!

Cons

Overall I feel from a high level the company does a very poor job setting client expectations, and letting the clients dictate everything. Overall you are expected to work 43 hours a week, which is not hard to do since the company is severely understaffed and typically will find your self with overflowing plate of tasks to get done.

Recently they had gotten rid clocking in and out for all employees, most likely due to the fact they were worried at the amount of overtime everyone was working

Advice to Management

Honestly would not know where to start. Good luck on the cluster of trying to sustain your business!

Mar 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your balanced feedback, we appreciate all feedback received from current and previous employees. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed some of the employee benefits, this is... More

7. "I'm grateful to be here..."

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cendyn has a great work environment. Family time is as important as work time and I value that more than anything. Great people and the ability to learn and further your skills and knowledge.

Cons

I have only been with the company for 1 month. I have yet to encounter a "con". I'm sure that I will at one point. No company is perfect, it really depends what you want to focus on... the positive or the negative?

"Great Place if you want to learn Digital"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-There are free lunches. Co-workers are all younger and a fun crowd. If you do not know anything about digit there is an opportunity to learn a lot here!

-Free gym membership after 2 months

Cons

-Long hours, pay is pretty mediocre.

-Generally every department is understaffed due to high turnover

-Absolutely no foundations for organization. Everyone has there own methods there for creating a giant chaotic mess.

-They are not a very employee focused company. Bare minimum benefits, Bare minimum pay, bare minimum training (notice a trend)

-No 401k contributions

- Vacation policy: everyone starts with 0 days and can accrue up to x amount of days per tenure. But do not save up your days and expect to take the holidays off because there is a slim to none chance you will get approval as everyone will be taking off those days. Also: your vacation does not rollover.

Advice to Management

I would recommend changing your focus to employee centric strategy otherwise you will continue to see that high turnover and reviews like this.

"Keep moving - not a good place to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros here

Cons

Lower than average pay
    You will be overworked and under appreciated
    No sick time (Everybody is passing same cold/flu around)
    Management does not give back to employees
    Insanely high staff turnover (Nobody knows what they are doing)
    Toxic management style (Extreme Micromanagement)
    No HR department
    Beyond filthy conditions in the kitchen (Roach infested water fountain)
    No direction from management
    Preferential treatment - Sophomoric Executive team

Advice to Management

I gave this company almost a year. Awful. Nobody knows what they are doing. Turnover is insane. Upper management over promises and demands ridiculous tight deadlines to get old technology up and running for client base. Workers are treated like grunts. Low pay, no overtime, unrealistic amount of work expected. No sick days. Takes a year to accrue any real time off. Folks passing around the same germs as nobody wants to use a vacation day when they are sick. Executive team is a joke. A lot of preferential treatment. Middle management: toxic is the only word that comes to mind. Militant, demeaning, abusive micromanagement style. You will account for every mili-second of your day and will be hauled in to defend your times sheet and workflow almost every day until your soul is ground into the floorboards. No job well done is good enough, no amount of energy, dedication or hard work is acknowledged nor enough.

The kitchen should be shut down by OSHA. Roach infested water dispenser and refrigerator. Nobody in their right mind goes anywhere near the kitchen. After every accurate review posted by a former employee is followed up by a false planted review by your exec team.

Advice to management team: Grow up

Oct 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I can confirm that we encourage open communication throughout all our offices to ensure we are aware of any issues that our employees experience. We would be more than open for you contact us... More

10. "Great Company-Great People"

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cendyn has many interesting technologies. This is a great place to work and challenge yourself. Many opportunities to grow and to increase your skill set and knowledge-base. The people, from the Management Staff, HR and the employees are all great people and care about each other on a different level than at most companies.

Cons

None--this has been a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue challenging and offering constructive criticism in an effort to enhance those who report to you--directly or indirectly. This will only make the company stronger in an already tough market.