Cenlar Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Gregory S. Tornquist

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits (medical/dental, 401k, stock options) (in 6 reviews)

• Decent pay, possibly a bonus at the end of the year, if you are lucky you might get a better schedule than the trainees after you (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and overworked (in 10 reviews)

• Advancement is tough because no one wants to see you pass them (in 9 reviews)

1. "Solid company"

I worked at Cenlar full-time

Pros

benefits, vacation, yearly bonus, federal holidays

Cons

no work from home policy in place

2. "Growing company and industry leader"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ewing, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ewing, NJ

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoy my job and the people I work with. The department managers value my work and my point of view. The company has a strong business strategy that has propelled them to the top of the subservicing industry, and positions them to best endure the ever changing environment in the industry.

Cons

There are too many employees that have been with the company for a long time who are resistant to change. Employees are not given the proper technological tools to do their job. While the company provides strong benefits, employees are paid significantly lower than the market norms.

Advice to Management

Please evaluate the technology utilized in the company and provide employees with better tools to do their job. Also, pay employees more in line with market norms.

3. "Growing company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee owned, competitive pay, growth opportunities, focused on culture by offering fun activities, weekly scorecards so you know how your performing at all times, leadership truly cares about you as a person, busy so you never get bored, community service opportunities, I feel valued and appreciated!

Cons

Some processes need improvement but that comes with starting a new location. We’ve come a long way in a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you’re doing! We’re building something special!

"Supportive Environment, Great Company to Work For!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

I worked at Cenlar full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked here for 8+ years and quit to move out of state. Sucks people don't appreciate everything Cenlar has to offer that a lot of employers refuse to! Tuition reimbursement is A+ and the move to management-level is easy and encouraged with in-house training programs. As an employee-owned company they understand they need to invest in their employees for their growth. You're not going to get that anywhere else...ESOP - what's that?? 401K is generous and as long you get in with the right team - you will be successful.

Cons

I think is that the sharp growth of Cenlar is over-complicating processes such as HR. Certain departments are very clique-y, but the lateral move in the company is easy so it's easy to find the right fit.

Advice to Management

Advise to lower management - you can't be effective managers and best friends with your employees. Cenlar doesn't outsource much work to India like the other servicers - keep up the good work!

"This could be a good company but it is not"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Cenlar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An employee owned company and the benefits are affordable. Don't let the talk of growth potential or a year end bonus be the reason you work here

Cons

The management is the worst I've experienced in over a decade in the industry. The culture is best described as micromanaged. If you are an independent thinker who wants to do things right and excel in your career this is not a good fit for you. Management is more concerned with creating a circus atmosphere than creating an atmosphere that encourages productivity and excellence. Management is not open to new ideas as demonstrated by antiquated technology, no work life balance and a lack of respect for employees.

Advice to Management

Infuse new leadership with fresh ideas, the current leadership isn't working, listen to agents ideas and act on them when appropriate and demonstrate that you value employees by your actions and not just words. If you do these things you could stop the revolving door of good talent leaving the company. If I could put a negative rating on senior mangement I would

"Client experience"

Current Employee - Client Management in Ewing, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Management in Ewing, NJ

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and end of year bonuses are keeping me employed here.

Cons

Management/ supervisors are very unprofessional and don't actually work and are not knowledgeable. They talk loudly about people, barely talk to employees unless they need something or you are in their "crew". Hostile work environment. Terrible training in multiple departments I've been in.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring your friends. Hire people with office etiquette, ethics and quality experience that actually want to be there to learn and help others not make them feel worthless.

"CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Cenlar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Money & Hours, Location is convenient, & you meet new people

Cons

WORK LIFE BALANCE is terrible, and you are literally working your butt of ALL day

"Started off good then they switched me out of my original department for a reason that never made sense"

Former Employee - Research Specialist/Customer Service Representative in Ewing, NJ

I worked at Cenlar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great and some employees were cool . It was fun in the beginning. Always busy.

Cons

The management at the time were terrible....it was hard to use ur time off even if you requested it off

Advice to Management

Be better to your employees

"Document Control Specialist"

I have been working at Cenlar full-time

Pros

You meet very great people, and its easy to move up within the company

Cons

Management is not on the same level, they'll tell you to do one thing and then its a whole other thing. I've caught management talking about me, I work very hard for this company and I feel like it goes unappreciated.

10. "Customer Care"

I worked at Cenlar part-time

Pros

Short commute from my house

Cons

Low salary compared to other positions