Cenpatico Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike McKinney

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits, nice office with comfortable work area, user friendly software programs for processing work, and many nice coworkers (in 5 reviews)

• Cenpatico has great staff (I love my coworkers), flexible working arrangement, good work-life balance, and is mission-driven (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • New management team thinks that they are being informed but rather they are being influenced in a very trivial way (in 4 reviews)

• There is poor management in all departments (in 4 reviews)

1. "Advancement is encouraged"

Current Employee - Liaison in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Liaison in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Cenpatico full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yearly bonuses and merit increases. Direct manager highly supportive.

Cons

Higher percentage of staff without formal education and/or direct care experience (compared to other companies I've worked for).

Advice to Management

Thoroughly research ramifications of large implementations prior to enacting.

2. "Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Cenpatico full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and paid time off.

Cons

There is little to no work life balance, particularly if you are in a leadership role. Expectations are unreasonable. Communication is not shared. There are many problems but rather than determine root causes and fix historical years of systemic issues, finger pointing and firings happen. Senior leadership doesn't care about employees.

3. "Do not work here"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cenpatico part-time

Pros

Nice nurses but company seems to hire more malleable personeel

Cons

Management is very disorganized, insensitive to staff needs. Cold attitudes

Advice to Management

Show concern for staff. Get organized

"Behavioral Health Case Manager"

Current Employee - Behavioral Case Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Behavioral Case Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Cenpatico full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is possibility for growth and development within Cenpatico National. Many positions allow remote work, so while you may be required to do some traveling if you are serving an out of state market, you have the chance to move around within different departments. The pay is excellent and vacation time is not accrued, but full vacation time is granted once you complete your 90 day probationary period. While I am not fond of my current department, I feel I have learned a lot and hope to be able to translate some of the skills I've developed in another department.

Cons

Within the behavioral health department, we do not have enough support and help to provide quality case management with the continually rising case load expectations. In Ohio, we have been getting our directives from the health plan we partner with, but the structure of both case management departments is completely different. Although this is a fact, the health plan expects behavioral health to meet the same expectations with no additional help.
    Working for a very large corporation, you can feel replaceable, moreso than if working for a smaller organization.
    Directives on things that impact how we do our jobs and processes to follow change sometimes every other day. You get hardened to it after awhile.
    The server that we work from is always glitchy. Makes it difficult to get work done and not fall behind.

Advice to Management

Think more realistically and involve staff when making decisions as management is so far removed in understanding what it actually takes to do this job. Also, consider the members and the quality of care they are receiving when their case managers are so weighed down.

6. "Immature Co workers and Unqualified Management"

Former Employee - Contractor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Contractor in Austin, TX

I worked at Cenpatico (Less than a year)

Pros

The cafeteria, free food events, some overtime at times, good place to get some job experience

Cons

Poor management with poor grammar, poor training, promotion of unqualified buffoons just because they kissed said managers behinds and brought them food, no appreciation for people who actually worked, some managers hiring the lowest quality laziest substandard trash because she wants a fellow gossip or is feening for a man, favoritism shown to males by thirsty single middle-aged managers, managers won't fire incompetent and problematic people since these people bring them food, trash management taking credit for your work because she is too stupid, has no integrity, is sneaky, and an incompetent beast.

Advice to Management

Hopefully you sorted the BS out with the PDM department. Learn to fire and hire the right people.

"Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Very helpful co worker, Good environment

Cons

Stressful and hectic work some time,

8. "Call center"

Current Employee - N/A in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - N/A in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great pay great benefits company has a lot of room to grow within not a bad company to work for i give it a thumbs up i thought my last job would be the last time i ever work in call center but i guess i was wrong

Cons

Employees work hard but get little recognition for all the great work they do but other than that great company to work for

Advice to Management

N/a

"Utilization manager"

Former Employee - Prior Certification Review Nurse in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Prior Certification Review Nurse in Austin, TX

Pros

Interacting with providers the the most effective outcome of the clients.

Cons

Some days it was more than one person to handle.

"Data Analyst"

I have been working at Cenpatico full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is fair. The environment is self- paced if you are a quick study. Leadership will let you dive in. Leadership does show some understanding if you need a ramp up period.

Cons

Some departments have that one person that is not management but has some serious influence into the way management treats other employees. This has to be corrected. Its a very cancerous approach. New management team thinks that they are being informed but rather they are being influenced in a very trivial way. Its rather humorous and sad.

Advice to Management

Make your own decision engage with all the employees whenever possible. Your intelligent now show you have critical thinking skills and make decisions for yourself.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cenpatico full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work-life balance, competitive pay especially for social workers

Cons

management can be tricky to navigate

Advice to Management

be more respectful to good employees, use the interview process to screen out unengaged employees