CenseoHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin McNamara

Pros
  • Great PTO policy, good benefits (in 6 reviews)

• They provide a rental car and IPAD (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They don't have enough patients to be seen to do this full time any more (in 6 reviews)

• 40 minute travel time to appointments (in 5 reviews)

"Censeo Health Company"

Current Employee - Physician in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Physician in Boynton Beach, FL

Pros

Excellent organization, top of the line

Cons

nothing,everything has been very good

2. "Scheduling Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at CenseoHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to make $50,000 without a college degree.

Cons

A very limiting place to get stuck in a call center and capped at $50,000 with a college degree and almost no chance for growth/development. Just reading scripts.

"Physician contractor"

Current Employee - Contract Physician in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Contract Physician in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Not sure yet. They provide a rental car and IPAD. I have not been here long enough to see if I will be compensated for the work I've done.

Cons

I started the credentialing process for this job in early March. I was told I would start the first week of April. I am currently in between jobs and thought this would be a good alternative before my next step... I told the recruiter I could work full time. He seemed pleased and stated I was the only physician they had in Oklahoma. They corrected me today. I have worked a grand total of one week in April after being lead to believe I would work full time the whole month. I didn't start till April 8. I have gotten to work a total of 5 days. When I called to ask why this job has turned out to be nothing like it was presented, my recruiter basically said, well sorry. Our schedulers met their quota. We have work for you but they can't make anymore phone calls this month.

Advice to Management

Stop selling this job to physicians when you can't live up to the expectations not only spoke by the recruiter but posted on locumtennens.com I could have worked another job during this interim and actually had some stability.

May 1, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Payroll runs a week in arrears and if there are clarifications needed to evaluations, that process will delay payment 1-2 weeks. Please reach out to ... More

"Scheduling Cooridnator"

Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at CenseoHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, the people are alright but watch out for office politics

Cons

Horrible hours, mandatory overtime 5-10 hours weekly

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites when assigning plans

"Doctors don't waste your time. Unreliable, unprofessional, waste of my time and effort"

Former Employee - Physician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Physician in Dallas, TX

I worked at CenseoHealth part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They actually compensate you for your evaluations

Cons

I was employed as a physician to perform evaluations. I provided my schedule months in advance to have adequate patients to perform evaluations. There were days that I received 2-4 evaluations a day. Further, there were other days that no evaluations were provided. If this is a job that one strongly relies on additional income, it clearly does not come through. Don't expect to make any additional income relying on this disorganized company to set up evaluations for you to perform. They insist they have hundreds of people calling to schedule appointments, yet when it comes it to your scheduled day, be happy only 2-3 evaluations are provided and you will always have the famous excuse that "Patients cancelled last minute" to explain the poor scheduling. Keep in mind, you are also driving 2 hours to get to these home evaluations thus the actual time frame you are providing does come down to getting payed a lot less than 100/hr. The scheduler, who apparently only gets paid 12-15$ an hour, is in complete control of your routine. They clearly don't look at a map and attempt to make the appointments relatively close to each other in regards to location. One is driving more than actually performing evaluations secondary to the disorganized planning. They expect you tor drive 30-40 miles to the next evaluation within 20 minutes making the next appointment late and further delaying the rest of the day.
    Further you are not provided with your schedule until 6 hours before your scheduled date. Thus,you have to wake up extra early to look at your schedule to determine if there are any scheduled evaluations. Ive requested to have this changed to look at your schedule in advance however they refuse to change this.
    I don't know how this company is still running and not on bankruptcy with the low amount evaluations and the lack of respect they provide physicians. Look elsewhere for additional income and don't waste your time here

Advice to Management

Find potential schedulers that care about their company and will attempt to schedule evaluations for physicians.

Nov 15, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. CenseoHealth is committed to improving physician satisfaction and regularly uses physician criticism as a baseline to determine what aspects of our ... More

"In-office employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CenseoHealth (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at CenseoHealth for multiple years, and consider myself extremely lucky to have entered the company at the time I did. It was smaller, and fewer employees meant more exposure to leadership and operations. I learned so much and was able to be promoted from within. Since then the company has grown and reorganized, to the benefit of all. Besides entry-level positions, there is very low employee turnover or transitions between departments, which to my understanding means employees are pleased with their position. In the past couple years management has made more of an effort to be more communicative, recognize deserving employees and create a company culture. Employees look forward to the annual meeting, as that is an opportunity to hear what we've done and where we are going. The annual health fair is great as are the random employee appreciation events. I have zero complaints in my current position.

Cons

The only downside I can see is it would be more difficult now to join the company at an entry-level position and be promoted from within than it used to be. Difficult but definitely not impossible, it does still happen. If employees make it known they are looking for additional opportunities and are willing to work hard at their current position, there is a high likelihood they can advance their career here.

"Physician"

Former Employee - Physician in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Physician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CenseoHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have schedulers, with no clinical knowledge, determining your productivity. If you address your concerns, the situation will remain the same.

Cons

40 minute travel time to appointments
    Backtrack to previous location of one hour earlier
    Not compensated for numerous assessments, despite repeated requests
    Only paid in a timely fashion, once in last 6 months
    Uncompensated mandatory 2 hour update bimonthly
    Continual increase in POC testing without pay

Advice to Management

Address negative comments, instead of indicating that they are false. I have experienced nearly all of the negative comments noted.

Sep 26, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a former contract physician for CenseoHealth, your comments are instrumental in helping us identify areas for improvement. Due to feedback like ... More

"Quality assurance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

The place was great, hours were decent as well as pay.

Cons

Completely racist!!! If you're of color stay on your toes!

Advice to Management

Sigh...

Sep 23, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We are extremely concerned at your negative comments regarding racism at CenseoHealth. We have a very diverse workforce with a ZERO tolerance policy for harassment and discrimination. If you ... More

10. "Great growing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CenseoHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has its growing pains but they have really come a long way in the last year. It's a lot more organized and the communication piece is improving. It also went from business casual to jeans everyday which is a nice plus. They have several volunteer/donation events a year and do a great job at giving back to the community which makes me really proud to work for a company that cares. Benefits are good -nothing to really complain about. The people are what makes this company so great! It's a laid back environment and not micromanaging -at least in my department.

Cons

Some of management seem inexperienced for their role.

Advice to Management

Be a little more professional. A little respect can be lost for some of management who try too hard to fit in with the millennials. It can also look as if you’re playing favorites. It’s great that management wants to have a good connection with their team but if you’re hanging out with selective employees and not your entire team outside of work don’t announce it or post on social media for everyone else to see.

11. "CenseoHealth review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CenseoHealth (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to gain new experiences working for a company that has gone from start-up to a 500+ company in a short amount of time.

Cons

Ever changing policies- I think that with a young company this is typical.