Cover image for Centene
Logo

Add a Review

Centene Employee Reviews about "centene"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 153 of over 4K reviews

3.6
Centene CEO Sarah London
Sarah London

What people are saying about Centene

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and remote work capabilities within current COVID restrictions.(in 456 reviews)
  • "Pay is good and higher than other companies as far as I can tell.(in 328 reviews)
  • "Great pay, Work from home(in 142 reviews)
  • "Some great people at this company that is bogged down by silos and exec level egos.(in 128 reviews)
  • "Salary is good but not fornyou mental health(in 100 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management/ micromanage form supervisors/unnecessary meetings(in 228 reviews)
  • "No work life balance since forced to work overtime during the week and on the weekend....for months!(in 129 reviews)
  • "It started with the poor leadership and it continues.(in 107 reviews)
  • "Inconsistent no updates no training very unorganized(in 84 reviews)
  • "the managers have no care to the employees or contractors and bringing this up to directors falls on deaf ears.(in 84 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Centene and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "centene"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Would recommend working here

Nov 28, 2021 - Personnel Security Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Centene is a great company to work for.

Cons

There are no cons to working here.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Technical Expertise and Shared Vision

Oct 16, 2021 - Principal Cyber Threat Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the resources, and the culture. The people in my org are awesome, and we all work to push the company's security in the right direction. Most everyone is incredibly technical, even amongst management. There are enough financial resources in order to tool our team with the technology we need to succeed. Nobody shies away from a challenge, and everyone has a fairly shared vision for the future and what we all need to do to get there.

Cons

Centene isn't a _super_ well-known company, and so there isn't exactly a ton of talent flocking to join up. While we have financial resources for the tools we need, we don't have the people to man all of them as well as we should. Though, maybe you can fix that! The other con is that... it's a big company, and so there is a lot of red tape on actually getting changes through. Everyone is generally on board with the changes, it just has to be run past legal, architecture, risk, business continuity, and their brother before it can be made a reality. Which is understandable, we don't want to bring everything to a screeching halt... it just can be frustrating at times.

31 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Centene team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Working

Nov 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Working environment and I recommend Centene

Cons

There are no Cons to share

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Call center

Nov 17, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Centene has good benefits and is a great company to work for

Cons

My manager was terrible and was the reason I left

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Current Employee

Paycheck keeps decreasing since Centene took over

Nov 26, 2021 - Billing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They talk a lot about diversity and inclusion, we're waiting to see Centene implement equity. DEI doesn't fully work without equity.

Cons

Very expensive benefits Low wages No advancement opportunities Treated like a number, not a person Growth by acquisitions of other successful companies, not organic growth

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It’s good

Nov 9, 2021 - Marketing Communications Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am proud of centene because they are beginning to move with the times in terms of WFH. Good pay.

Cons

Communication comes down weird from the top. Very vague

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pay and Benefits

Nov 6, 2021 - Referral Specialist in Jackson, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Centene is a great company to work for overall. The benefits and pay is good for the state of MS. I enjoy working for the company

Cons

There really isn't any cons

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work

Nov 3, 2021 - Operations Analyst II in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros for working at Centene include working for a top 50 company, the competitive pay and flexibility. I can't speak for other departments, but the department I work in I have had a great experience so far. Opportunities are around every corner, so do not cut ties or burn bridges.

Cons

Executive values do not always reflect the values of the company as a whole. The company is slow to get things done due to the sheer size of the corporation.

10. 2.0
    Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Would not recommend

Nov 10, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Full time employment • Work from home • Set schedule

Cons

Where to begin: there are no health benefits from a company that gives health benefits to people, they don’t care about employees well being able went on anxiety medication due to this job, my boss would insult his right hand employee who was just trying their best along with many of the other employees there. If you like being micromanaged, sign yourself up for a job at Centene.

11. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Centene deliberately discriminates against employees

Nov 30, 2021 - Cloud Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Centene has no pro attributes!

Cons

Centene demands proof of covid vaccines as an employment pre-req for 100% remote employees! Centene would rather support an unconstitutional mandate, made by an insane, feeble-minded despot, to deliberately discriminate against employees! No one should support an organization that implements such an anti-American employment policy! Anyone who would give into this policy is weak minded, unintelligent fool! If they demand you reveal your health records for this, what will be next?! How in the hell does working 100% from home, have any bearing with this? It goes against all logic and intelligence!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Reviews