Centennial Contractors Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Mark E. Bailey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growth opportunities are available at Centennial."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time

Pros

Centennial has given me the ability to grow and move up in the company. I started with Centennial in the summer of 1999 as an intern. Since then I have moved my way up into a senior position within the Western Region. Centennial values, and encourages, an employee’s continued education; as they have supported me in obtaining my PE, LEED AP and PMP. They also provide assistance in maintaining these certifications. If you are willing to work hard, want to learn, and embrace the company’s culture, you will grow.

Cons

No cons to report; no job is always perfect. I do know that when challenges arise, the team I work with each day is there to help.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees; they are what make Centennial the contractor of choice for our clients.

2. "Engineer"

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time

Pros

there was a wide variety of project to work on. you never got bored and there was something new every day

Cons

it was government work and the bureaucracy with in the company made it feel like you were working for the government.

3. "Contract Administrator"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Bealeton, VA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Bealeton, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits including investment in its employees through training, college courses and seminars.

Cons

Expectation set very high - hard for women to excel in the construction industry due to physical limitations of some.

Advice to Management

To consider hiring more women, especially Afro American women.

4. "Good company, low end salaries"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom, good training, nice people

Cons

Salaries aren't comparable to industry average, medical benefits aren't that great.

5. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Tight knit office atmosphere. Feels like a second family.
    2. Management encourages personal career growth. If there's a certification, training or even a degree you're seeking management will help you reach your goals.
    3. A healthy work life and home life balance is important to the company. My manager in particular goes out his way to make sure everything is going good both on the job and off. That sort of management style is much appreciated.
    4. Corporate issued policies and procedures are very well written and all inclusive. It makes life easier when you have guidelines to 'lead the way'.
    5. Good compensation and benefits package.
    6. The safety culture at Centennial is top notch. Many contractors out there preach safety but lack follow through. Centennial has checks and balances in place to ensure all our crews go home safely to their families everyday.
    7. The wide array of jobs and scope we cover is very different than most contractors. At Centennial you may build a server room, do site work, large electrical/mechanical projects, tenant fit-out work, roofing, paving, secured access projects and on and on. This has to be my favorite thing about working at Centennial. There's never a dull moment. You'll never get caught up in the monotony that other construction managers at other companies deal with day in and day out.

Cons

Nothing negative to say. No job is going to be peachy 100% of the time. But you will not find a better place or company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The restructuring of the employee award program is a welcomed change. Employees will perform better when they feel their hard work is recognized.

6. "Field Engineer 1"

Former Employee - Field Engineer I in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Field Engineer I in Reston, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent resources for further education

Cons

Corporate structure is extremely apparent

7. "Project Manager ll"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Gloucester, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Gloucester, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company had great business plans and focused directives, as well as, very good market coverage. Management was devoted and supportive.

Cons

Not enough personal incentive initiatives.

8. "Project Admin"

Current Employee - Operations Department in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Operations Department in Washington, DC

I have been working at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work. There's a true feeling that upper management cares about its employees. Examples include the incredible commitment to safety and the participation in community events. I've read negative reviews posted on this about the company on this site and feel they must be from people who were terminated because of performance. The average tenure of employees is very high.

Cons

Like most company's Centennial needs to find ways to combat the high costs of insurance. The company pays a good portion of the increases and the employees pay a small share of the increases.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the employees, keep communicating with everyone - the new monthly Eletter is great. Please keep acknowledging employees - that means a lot.

9. "Needs to get from Bilfinger"

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Top heavy with upper management. Safety requirements of subcontractors is overboard.

Advice to Management

Enough with the micromanagement

10. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and interesting work.

Cons

Not much work - office was closing down.

Advice to Management

Did not really deal much with management.