Center for Autism and Related Disorders Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2020

2.7
Center for Autism and Related Disorders Founder & Executive Director Doreen Granpeesheh (no image)
Doreen Granpeesheh
Pros
  • "you learn a ton about aba therapy and get a ton of hands on experience working with children with asd(in 30 reviews)

• "Working with children making a difference(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, it would be nice to be paid by your degree; rather than everyone gets a flat rate(in 61 reviews)

• "Would schedule therapists for additional sessions without informing therapist or asking(in 59 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Rewarding"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Center for Autism and Related Disorders part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love seeing how much improvement each kiddo makes after each session with a therapist. The team has also been super welcoming and helpful!

Cons

Cancellations- The company cannot control most of these cancellations. Kids get sick, go back to school etc...

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Response

August 19, 2019Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and for all of your hard work for the CARD Family.

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Center for Autism and Related Disorders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing opportunities and room for growth. Family orientated

Cons

Pay, but that is currently being worked on

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Response

August 13, 2019Marketing Coordinator

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to have you as a member of the CARD family!

3. "Maybe look somewhere else?"

I worked at Center for Autism and Related Disorders part-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers were pleasant, and it was rewarding to work there.

Cons

The pay was too low. Hard to perform your best when you are struggling to meet your basic needs. High turnover.

Continue reading
  4. "A good starting point"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Center for Autism and Related Disorders part-time for more than a year

Pros

CARD is a great place to start out, especially if you are planning on becoming a BCBA. They offer supervision, and the BCBAs I've worked with genuinely care about my future career.

Cons

CARD is a pretty big company, so the typical woes of working for a large company often apply, such as blanket policies that may not be beneficial to specific centers or clients.

5. "A"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Clovis, CA

I have been working at Center for Autism and Related Disorders part-time

Pros

Works with schedule, okay flexibility

Cons

Hours will be randomly cut

6. "great friendly company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician/ABA Therapist in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Center for Autism and Related Disorders part-time

Pros

a lot of jobs to further career, on the job training

Cons

not many cons, easy to adjust

7. "Overall good"

Former Employee - Behavior Technician in Richmond, VA

Pros

This job was a great place to work right out of college. When hours were great they were great, and when they weren't they weren't. For me home session were a little uncomfortable. I preferred going to the clinic everyday where I had access to other therapists and supervisors foe questions and concerns.

Cons

Unsteady hours, If a client cancelled you were just left without those hours. Drive time could become excessive. Hard on your vehicle if you dint have the newest and greatest.

8. "Good Experience Overall"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist

I worked at Center for Autism and Related Disorders full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic if you like working with kids and want hands on clinical experience in the psych field

Cons

The workplace environment and management style will depend from center to center so definitely try to check in with employees wherever you’re applying if you can

9. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Denham Springs, LA

Pros

They give you incredible training and ongoing learning opportunities.

Cons

High supervisor turn over but it has gotten better.

10. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

The work environment and the kids

Cons

Bosses changing and making their own rules, or backing up someone to cover what they are doing wrong. The company only cares about getting as many hours they can from the kids, without taking everyone’s health first priority

Found 600 reviews