KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2021

Found 869 of over 877 reviews

3.2
Center for Autism and Related Disorders Founder & Executive Director Doreen Granpeesheh (no image)
Doreen Granpeesheh
Pros
  • "Training on ABA therapy with kids(in 39 reviews)

• "This job makes you feel like you are really making a difference in the lives of children and families(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Scheduling staff is not communative with therapists consistently(in 121 reviews)

• "Over worked, low pay, lots of driving(in 70 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Center for Autism and Related Disorders and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

CARD

Jun 12, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician%2FABA Therapist in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Flexible, Great Communication, very supportive

Cons

None, wonderful experience working there.

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Response

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. We really appreciate your positivity. Keep up the awesome work!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

BT Recruiter

Jul 28, 2021 - Recruiter Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is hourly, remote work

Cons

You get a desktop NOT a laptop so you feel trapped, they are all about quantity over quality, extremely disorganized to the point of you not being able to get a straight answer out of anyone when you have a question. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good work environment

Jul 27, 2021 - Behavior Technician in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with sweet kids, supervision, friendly work environment, clear BIPs/ goals for clients, no surprise hours/hours and days of the week were constant for the entire season/semester and you could potentially reschedule sessions for different times. Support was there when it was needed.

Cons

Once schedule is set for the entire term, the hours aren't always flexible anymore. The scheduling has both pros and cons, especially for students.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Kids are great, everything else is awful

May 14, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician in Roseburg, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The kids I met were great, and my immediate coworkers were awesome people

Cons

Extremely high expectations with very little pay. I was a registered BT and the ABM expert only making 14.70 an hour. I worked 37-40 hours a week consecutively but was not considered a full time employee. Drive time pay was a joke. Hourly pay was terrible for the type of work that was required. I loved all the kids I got to work with so much and was going to school to make this my career. Out of the blue, card decided to close my office completely (closest office is hour away), notified me by email DURING A THERAPY SESSION, and then proceeded to continue emailed me and coworkers about the great changes made to offices, opening new offices, and additions to existing offices. This office closed because they refused to give us to necessary tools to succeed. We couldn’t hire staff, therefore the current staff was run into the ground with hours while still not being able to fulfill hours. Certain higher up staff members knew that the current staff, me included, were planning on making this a career, yet led us on to believe that this position would be stable and basically locked in for us. At it’s core, CARD is a corporation that doesn’t care about its low level employees (even though these are the people who carry the business on their back). They are in it for the money and the money only. This was proved to me when I found out that the services I provided, cost insurance companies 200+ dollars AN HOUR but I was being paid $14.70 an hour, after a cost of living wage increase.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Burnout is pretty much guaranteed

Jul 1, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice, friendly, well-meaning staff and great kids

Cons

Understaffed admin and no willingness to hire more. Constant unrelenting stress, therapists who are specifically trained to be overly needy, and an astoundingly complicated scheduling system/rules. This results in constant mistakes from both lower level and higher level admin, not just a one person thing. You’ll be overwhelmed as soon as your first day and you’ll be burnt out after your first week. Too many conflicting needs and rules and constant crises that happen every single day. It’s like a startup environment but without any of the benefits or forward-thinking mindset of an action startup. Corporate is Scrooge-level cheap when it comes to hiring an adequate amount of staff. And if you are hired, it’s for peanuts. Turnover rate is extremely high among both therapists and admin staff. I have a history of hard work and long lasting jobs. But this is the only job that has ever made me borderline suicidal. Also the health insurance is insultingly terrible.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Must Have a Good Heart

Jul 3, 2021 - Behavior Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management, peers, clients and their families are awesome. Expect to be surrounded with fellow BT"s that were hired because they care about one another, but most of all desire with all their hearts to help clients' overcome "different" learning abilities with the goal of enabling them to realize their full potential and hopefully lead independent lives.

Cons

Corporation fails to deliver promised financial incentives when earned.

7. 3.0

CARD

Jul 27, 2021 - Behavior Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like working for CARD because the kids make your day! Watching the kids become independent and growing in the process makes this job really fulfilling.

Cons

This job can be very hard and could get burnt out real quick. The scheduling is not as flexible as I thought. There are not a lot of benefits for the employees as you would think.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Cross your Fingers

Jul 6, 2021 - Behavior Therapist in Fresno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some Leadership such as managers, scheduling, BCBAs are amazing mentors and will truely guide you. In those situations its worth it. If you love working in ABA want to best training and most guidance as you begin this is the company for you,

Cons

-Low pay in field -Little growth space without additional education degrees but limited opportunities for helping staff advance education. -No paid time for employees who are not full time -extremely unreliable schedule -No bonuses, reward programs, and or yearly increases (per corporate this is due to COVID?) -Removal of all reward systems over the last Two years.

9. 2.0

Salary

Jul 26, 2021 - Operations Manager in Helotes, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanaging from leadership. Pushes you to be self sufficient

Cons

No growth. No true support when really needed. Leadership doesn’t practice what they preach

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Absolute Joy

Jun 8, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician/Lead Therapist in Cupertino, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Wonderful work environment with passionate supervisors and coworkers -Ample and in-depth training provided free of charge to all employees -Great hours, if you can be flexible with your availability -Opportunities to take on leadership roles within the company -If you can work for more than 30 hours a week/month average, you can qualify for benefits, even as a Behavior Technician

Cons

-Can be difficult if you find it hard to work with aggressive behaviors or clients with various hygiene needs -May be asked to drive for more than an hour a day to get to different client, however the company prioritizes clinic sessions/close home sessions -Hourly rates can be lower than other smaller companies

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Response

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to have had you as a member of the CARD family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 869 Reviews