KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2022

Found 1,200 of over 1,212 reviews

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Chief Executive Officer Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

1d

a

Physical Therapist

I work for a contract SNF company in seattle and we have SO many OT positions open - is everyone else having the same struggle? Where are all the OTs? How are other companies managing?

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Training in the meeting room was great I really got to connect with the people there and through out the office.(in 82 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and other therapists always have your back.(in 39 reviews)
  • "The people are great and it really feels like a community working toward common goals.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Staff was friendly and helpful(in 33 reviews)
  • "education: they offer many opportunities to expand in the company including trainings for RBT and BCAT.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low and they only pay you for client hours while constantly hounding you to stay and clean.(in 144 reviews)
  • "Poor management and lack of trust for their employees.(in 87 reviews)
  • "They claim to have assistant supervisors to support therapist but what support???(in 37 reviews)
  • "Long hours and minimal compensation(in 27 reviews)
  • "Poor communication, required a 24 hour response to job offer(in 24 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Center for Autism and Related Disorders and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

used to be good

Apr 21, 2022 - Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

supportive work environment for most part. fulfilling work

Cons

not enough pay for the work you do no raises in last three years corporate is profit centered, does not care about employee wellness

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The clients are one of the biggest pros

Jul 28, 2022 - Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kiddos are awesome of course! And seeing progress and growth is rewarding There is a pay raise for becoming certified RBT or BCAT Opportunities for mentorship/guidance in ABA profession Sometimes breakfast or lunch provided at staff meetings Opportunities to improve job performance and get feed back

Cons

Starting pay is not the best for what we do— spend all day with 2-3 clients throughout the day. Assist with tioleting, and have some meals at center with packed lunches Schedule changes are frequent, sometimes with little to no warning Not always having support— sometimes everyone in center is with a client and no one is available to assist in behavior management or sometimes even breaks Sick time is not paid, and you do not get paid time off unless you are full time which CARD considers 40hrs/week— most employees will be at 34-36 hrs/week If clients are late or cancel, you can only be paid for 15 minutes of your time waiting and at minimum wage Difficult to get time off covered Each center is different, might have a staff lounge might not, my center did not and most breaks were in client shared space or in my car

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to get into ABA, not to build a career

Aug 7, 2022 - Registered Behavior Technician/Lead Therapist in Beverly, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, amazing clients and families, good place to learn the basics of ABA

Cons

Hours, not much room for advancement, disconnect between corporate offices and Centers

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be good to work for

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good place to land your first job at any level in ABA - The benefits are mid-range, I guess. - BT training is good compared to most other companies. This is literally the only reason I have 2 stars, but even this has been worse over the last couple of years.

Cons

- Ever since Blackstone took over in 2019 or 2020 (can't remember), the amount of support for people in the field has dramatically decreased. - Micromanaged all over the place. - Staff are overworked. This is true with many ABA companies, but this one especially.

5. 5.0

Pretty decent

Aug 6, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Cedar Park, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management was great. Decent perks

Cons

Non reliable schedule. Appointments cancelled all the time causing a waste of gas and time for having to drive to appointments.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lol

Aug 4, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with great kids and teenagers

Cons

You can get burned out easily

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 16, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Fairport, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, supportive management, very fulfilling career (the most fulfilling career I’ve had since graduating collage in 2018).

Cons

When I worked at CARD a few years ago the pay was not competitive.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Built my Career- 10 Years in the Company

Jul 1, 2022 - Board Certified Behavior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great training experience on all clinical levels- BT, Assistant Supervisor, BCBA. I believe the mentorship and clinical resources I received at CARD has helped me grow into a strong and confident clinician. Especially in the state of California, my experience at CARD was very supportive while I obtained my Masters and I felt prepared to move into the Supervisory role immediately after I passed my BCBA exam. Depending on your region/ clinical manager- pretty flexible in terms of being able to work at home and being in the clinic. They changed their quarterly bonus to a monthly bonus that is pretty attainable- I thought it was smart to place our completion of billable hours on a denser schedule of reinforcement. Also, if you bill 120 hours early in the month, you can have the rest of the days of the month off.

Cons

I worked across 8 different clinics and the operational side of CARD is a weakness. Office Managers often quit within the first 6 months, and those who are exceptional at their job seem to have all administrative duties on their backs as the company tries to dissolve other assistive administrative positions as much as possible. This alone creates a very unstable environment for staff and families alike. Also, from the entire time that I was in a supervisory role (Assistant Supervisor/ Clinical Supervisor- 6 years), I only received 1 raise- not including the obvious one from after obtaining my BCBA. I averaged 120+ hours a month for the 3 years I worked there as a supervisor, received feedback as an "exceptional" performer at every performance review, but when I inquired about a raise, I was denied each time. I know the company lost a lot of money during the pandemic (as all companies have), but I feel that it's important to compensate even the bare minimum where it is due. Sometimes a massive company like CARD is unable to show individuals that they are truly valued for their loyalty.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee

RBT

Jun 22, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

the kids the other therapists people

Cons

CARD expects undertrained therapists to teach skills that should be taught by speech, occupational and physical therapists. As a therapist there, I was required to teach hand writing and how to say specific letters. Like a lot of ABA companies, they will offer to work on things outside of their scope of practice in order to get kids to come in for hours a day. Looking back, I see how ABA therapy can be both beneficial if correctly used but also how it can really stunt a child and ask them to conform. Also they hire you on saying you can have full hours but will schedule you just a few less to avoid giving health insurance

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

review

Jul 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

very nice staff, flexible and helpful

Cons

not stable hours for me

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,200 Reviews

Center for Autism and Related Disorders Reviews FAQs

Center for Autism and Related Disorders has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 1,212 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at Center for Autism and Related Disorders to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Center for Autism and Related Disorders employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Center for Autism and Related Disorders. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

46% of Center for Autism and Related Disorders employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Center for Autism and Related Disorders 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Center for Autism and Related Disorders to be work life balance, coworkers, career development and the cons to be culture, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Center for Autism and Related Disorders Job Seekers