Center for Learning and Autism Support Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 48 reviews

3.8
Denise Pollard
  1. "Good"

I have been working at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Organized with very competent staff

Cons

Need digital format for data collection

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2019-04-01
  2. "This is the company you want to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Behavior Therapist

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time

Pros

Great company. They have a lot of great training in place and take care of their employees. Good morale and company image throughout the community. Have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and would stay if I was not moving on to go to graduate school where they don’t have an office.

Cons

Getting up to full-time ( if you were hired as part-time) can take time but I know for a fact that they get you there once you make the full-time request. Wish they had an office in Oregon!

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2019-03-20
  3. "Try another company"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Vallejo, CA

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Pay was good for entry level. The clients were great. Some managers were qualified and helpful. Mileage to clients

Cons

Clients could cancel out of no where and you don't get paid, even if you were on the way to the house which made your hours super inconsistent. There was no room for advancement. Some newer managers were really micro-managey and patronizing (even if they had less experience than you) which made going to work with certain clients unbearable.

Advice to Management

Some people are not meant to be supervisors

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2019-03-13
  4. "There Are Easily Better ABA Companies Out There"

Former Employee - RBT in Antioch, CA

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Helped me receive my RBT certification - Which any company will do! -The Mid Level/Clinical Manager Support was stellar - They are young and helpful and relatable -Benefits w/ 30 Hours/Week - If you can maintain those hours w/ broken promises for more clients and cancellations -Mileage to and from Clients ONLY

Cons

-There is only one meeting with your team a month, and the meetings are not utilized well, there is no space for RBTs to talk amongst themselves and sort of de-stress, you are on your own the rest of the month, I felt very alone and secluded, they almost make it Taboo to openly talk about clients and feelings. -My BCBA Lynn was completely unprofessional and played “favorites” with her RBTs, less supportive than my...

Advice to Management

-Transparency between the hours situation for RBTs, do not hire people telling them there is potential for full-time and then have them waiting and waiting, we have lives to live and bills to pay. -Require BCBAs to at least supervise RBTs bi-weekly with FaceTime/Phone opportunities in between, instead of saving all hours for the last week of the month. It is lonely out there. -More team building/de-stressing opportunities...

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2019-02-17

"Supportive and Collaborative"

I have been working at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Highly supportive supervisors -Positive/collaborative work cuture -Lots of room for growth -Great pay -Talented staff on all levels and positions -Promotes healthy work-life balance -Very supportive regarding caseload size, you just have to communicate (they can't read your mind)

Cons

Most of the cons I've noticed at CLASS I've seen at all other companies I've worked for: -High turnover (although CLASS has better retention than other companies I've worked for) -Inconsitent/low hours for behavior technicians, sometimes dependent on RBT status -Can be difficult finding morning clients which makes it challenging for BTs to become full-time

Advice to Management

I would recommend ongoing clinical training for BTs either beyond the monthly meetings or incorporated in the meetings across meetings/regions.

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2018-11-14
  6. "Great Company - Highly Recommend!"

I have been working at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services

Pros

Love the support, opportunity for growth and leadership. The clinical and office administration are both so knowledgable and helpful, they are awesome!

Cons

It's not bad but who couldn't use higher pay???

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2018-10-10
  7. "Inconsistent. Immature. No room for growth."

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services part-time

Pros

Lots of group work with BCBAs and Clinical Supervisors Become certified RBT-- looks good on college resumes especially graduate school applications Meet and encounter clients from a variety of different ethnicities, cultures, background

Cons

Staff at the HR office are immensely inefficient-- will not reply back to emails in a timely matter, does not provide help to therapists in the company, and known for slacking in general Want more clients to get more money? Good luck with getting assigned to more than one case. Schedulers won't go the distance to see that you are getting tons of clients. And when you request for more, they won't reply to your email...

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2018-09-02

"Beware"

Former Employee - Behavior Specialist in Vallejo, CA

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services for more than a year

Pros

Training provided, fair salary, promising field

Cons

Lots of office politics, not enough support to technicians

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2018-08-09

"Great opportunities for professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

good opportunities for professional growth for all levels has good culture and supportive supervisors/directors lots of opportunities for collaboration with your peers monthly opportunities for CEUs for BCBAs clinical recognition lots of collaboration between master level supervisors and BCBAs/BCBA-Ds BCBA supervision for RBTs on a regular basis in-depth training upon hire positive and helpful front office staff

Cons

although CLASS pays higher than the average for an ABA company, I wish we could get more due to the cost of living

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2018-03-16
      • "Awesome!!"

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

No cons, No cons, No cons

Center for Learning and Autism Support Services2017-10-24