Center for Learning and Autism Support Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Denise Pollard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Overall Great Experience"

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time

Pros

Small Company, flexible, great supervisors

Cons

Nature of work: driving around to clients, starting out part time,

Advice to Management

Make sure the therapists have enough goals to work on to take up all the time. One of the frustrating thing was having a client for long hours and not having enough things to work on.

"The Real Deal"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership. Works hard to be a true leader in the industry. Proud to say I worked at a company who has won a national award for excellence in the ABA industry.

Cons

Wish there was a way to get to know more of employees that worked there. Didn't have the availability to match my schedule so I had to leave.

3. "positive work environment"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

have worked at multiple ABA companies and this one by far has provided me with the best experience. Great fidelity checks conducted by clinical directors with each behavior therapist and clinical manager on their cases. All team members I come in contact with love what they do and are extremely supportive. I highly recommend this company to those who want to start or grow their career in this industry.

Cons

can be difficult working with children who have challenging behavior as well as being in the home with caregivers who interrupt the therapy session occasionally. advice: more company events.

4. "CLASS Act"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Jose, CA

Pros

-Great leadership
    -Great training and prepares you for the job
    -Opportunities to grow and mentor others
    -Very collaborative
    -Cares about work-life balance

Cons

-Would like more team-building activities when possible
    -More company get-togethers

Advice to Management

Plan fun get togethers in addition to holiday parties

5. "love my job"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

amazing staff who love what they do. training is fun and interesting. career growth opportunities exist. you get cases close to home.

Cons

honestly, none that I can think of.

6. "Supportive and Positive Company"

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

Pros

CLASS offers you a close and comfortable environment that will support you as you develop your career. It has been an absolute pleasure to work for a company that is so positive and encourages you to have a balance between work and family/personal life. It allows me as an employee to devote myself to my position during the day and to close that book and enjoy my free time after. Working with CLASS has been an extremely positive career move for me.

Cons

Turnover in behavior interventionists which is largely an industry problem and I have seen CLASS work to resolve this issue and increase training and support systems.

Advice to Management

Continue to support people and provide a fun and personable work environment.

7. "Loved my time here at C.L.A.S.S.!"

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time

Pros

-Ross and Denise empowers their employees to bring their best to C.L.A.S.S. and are always willing to listen to great ideas.
    -C.L.A.S.S. makes such a big impact on the community and truly cares about those who seek out their services.
    -A great office environment in San Mateo!
    -I actually liked C.L.A.S.S. so much that when I was going to leave, I recommended my friend to take my position and he ended up working their for the next couple of years!

Cons

I left in early 2013 and to this day, I still talk about my time at CLASS and how they kick started my career. I have no cons to report

Advice to Management

Keep serving the special needs community as you always have been!

8. "Great company to launch career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I worked at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great support from administration and 40+ hours of training. Great ongoing support from a talented team. Multiple doctorate-level BCBA's on staff. RBT internal on-line training in the works as well as custom software to support operations platform. Operations always does their best to minimize the amount of driving you have to do by keeping you localized to the region you reside in. Pay is good.

Cons

The usual- can have low hours (normal for industry) and and can be lonely working without co-workers close by (however attend regional pod meetings then it isn't so bad).

Advice to Management

Have more company-wide events

9. "Behavior Therapist"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Jose, CA

Pros

I loved helping my clients meet their goals. The training at their headquarters was comprehensive and I learned a lot. The hours complimented my school schedule so I was able make more money than some other jobs I've had.

Cons

Other than my supervisor, I didn't interact with other staff much.

Advice to Management

Have more team-building exercises and events so staff can learn more from each other.

10. "Significant growth in the past year"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Center for Learning and Autism Support Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since I started with CLASS I have seen positive changes with an increase in training opportunities, staff and client meetings. My supervisors are very supportive and communicative and make themselves available whenever I have questions or concerns.

I love the flexibility so I can focus on my studies.

Cons

Maintaining my hours can be challenging sometimes but that is out of CLASS's control. Client cancellations due to illness or vacation can be tough. I appreciate that CLASS provides the opportunity to sub for other therapists so I can sometimes increase my hours when I am available.