Center for Pan Asian Community Services (CPAC) Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Center for Pan Asian Community Services (CPAC) Atlanta Reviews

Atlanta, GA Area

3.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Youth Leader"

Former Employee - Digital/Social Media Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Digital/Social Media Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Center for Pan Asian Community Services (CPAC) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Rewarding experience by helping and inspiring the youth in the community
    - Great job to have while as a college student

Cons

- Some youth require more patience than others.
    - Pay is monthly, so it may feel like it takes a while before you receive your next pay check.

2. "my experience"

Current Employee - Tutor in Stone Mountain, GA
    Current Employee - Tutor in Stone Mountain, GA

I have been working at Center for Pan Asian Community Services (CPAC) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy paying job with great pay

Cons

not a lot of hours and days you can work

Advice to Management

can you give us more hours and days to work?

3. "okay volunteering job"

Former Employee - Tutor in Chamblee, GA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Chamblee, GA

Pros

They feed you (pro if you're into decent school lunches) very friendly, kids are lovely

Cons

there was lots of favoritism there and the way they need to teach the kids about looking both ways before crossing the street! I volunteered there for two summers and the amount of kids I had to tell to stop running in the street was crazy.

"Unless some serious changes are made in management, this company will FAIL in upcoming years!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Center for Pan Asian Community Services (CPAC) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great resources for the refugee and immigrant community

Cons

Cluttered, crowded work space, RUDE management leaders, unorganized in EVERY department, often reported by the Department of Labor for unsanitary working conditions and improper employee compensation practices, LOW pay (compared to what other companies in the same field are offering), the list goes on and on.

Advice to Management

The CEO and other "upper" level management need to be replaced ASAP by more professional, business savvy, EDUCATED individuals who can correctly steer the future of this dying non-profit into another direction. It’s unfortunate but from what I observed, it appears that CPACS is more concerned with hiring friends and family (who don’t expect respectable salaries) and making sure these people are happy, that they don’t even realize the damage this pattern is causing to the company as a whole. Perhaps if they stopped mismanaging finances and made the effort to actually interview and hire, professional, experienced, and actually qualified employees, then the entire company would see a change for the better. I plan on leaving this sinking ship soon.