Centerplate Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Sacramento, CA

5.0
Chris Verros

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great opportunity to work in a fast paced environment dealing with the public at major sports events (in 16 reviews)

• Great people, Good training, union (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and over 40 hour work weeks with no set comp time policy (in 43 reviews)

• Yearly raise program only allows small percent raise, scheduled changed as the needs of the business dictated, not great work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

1. "Encourages individual creativity"

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has smart people, an innovative environment, and supportive management. The teams work extremely well together and are proud of the work they do. Advancement is generally from within, and can be very fast if you work hard. There is no glass-ceiling at Centerplate.

Cons

The hours can be long and irregular, yet very rewarding. This can be challenging on your personal life

2. "It is great to be able to work for the #1 hospitality provider"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The variety of events is endless. The team of managers that I work with take so much pride in their job and they do whatever it takes to keep impress our clients.

Cons

One of the Centerplate propertis that I worked at was a union house. Unfortunately, these union employees did not possess the same hard work ethic as Centerplate managers. Too much time was spent by managers trying to police union employees.