Centers Plan for Healthy Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 73 reviews

2.7
Centers Plan for Healthy Living CEO Barry Volin
Barry Volin
Pros
  • "I am able to take off when needed, and we work from home during a snow emergency(in 5 reviews)

• "co-workers, decent pay for a social work job(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The room where we work is large with a lot of care managers talking at the same time so it gets noisy at times(in 5 reviews)

• "High case loads,work from home is minimum to no option(in 3 reviews)

1. New grads welcome!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, great management support, room to grow, company provides you with a phone and a laptop, mileage reimbursement

Cons

you have to be able to drive and own a vehicle.

2. Growing very fast!

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexible Supervisors in Claims Dept. No micro management.

Cons

Salary and PTO could be better.

Advice to Management

PTO needs to accrue faster.

3. Customer service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Pros

Nice supervisors, flexible work hours, relaxed environment

Cons

Sometimes the callers curse at you and get rude and you have to continue to be nice. Theres favoritism, same people get the good shifts

4. poor senior management with little MLTC experience; profit driven, no respect for social workers

Former Employee - Social Worker in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Decent pay, good PTO days, supportive coworkers and SW managers

Cons

I worked here for 2 years. Only 1-2 working elevator in the whole building. The stairs and some part of the building are always dusty due to ongoing renovation in other parts of the building. High workload, micromanagement, favoritism. No to little use of social work skills. New social workers will question whether you got in the right profession. Senior management does not accept suggestions. Communications between the...

Advice to Management

Your company won’t go far if you don’t hire experienced MLTC senior management staffs to lead. Also fix the heat and hot water in that 3rd floor bathroom and kitchen. There are human beings who work there.

Do your due diligence.

Former Employee - Social Worker in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

A paycheck, that is all. And when you receive it, you will ask yourself, was it worth it?

Cons

Loss of integrity, a nagging feeling of desperation. Owners appropriately chose for its Staten Island headquarters the isolated, broken down and creepy former Bayley-Seton psychiatric hospital (Google it). It’s a perfect setting for this aggressively for-profit insurance company with a shady past (a recent $1.7 million fine for Medicaid fraud - Google that, too). The Centers’ Plan appears to be to make a Healthy Living...

Advice to Management

And now a direct word to the owners and upper management - take my words seriously because without the support and appreciation of good, knowledgeable and happy staff, you are nothing.

6. Disgusting place to work

Current Employee - Social Worker

I have been working at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Close to home. Go home at the end of the day

Cons

Abusive, beyond micro management,

7. Claims Auditor

Former Employee - Claims Auditor in New York, NY

I worked at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good place to work if you don't have much experience

Cons

need s more structures nothing is sure always some late changes

This company has no integrity and treats employees like crap.

Current Employee - Social Worker in Staten Island, NY

Pros

The salary is not bad and the hours are flexible. Not too much good to say about this place. The benefits are not bad either My manager was great Can’t find anything else to say because I would be lying.

Cons

High case loads Upper management does not support High turnover rate Money driven Don’t value their employees at all Steal your vacation time Always forcing you to sign documents that does not benefit you in the long haul

Advice to Management

You won’t last if you keep treating people like they don’t matter

Micromanagement, unprofessional, favoritism and cheap

Former Employee - Social Work Manager in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I had worked this company (Care Solutions) for over 3 years as a SW manager. I enjoyed working with my SW team and colleagues that we supported each other despite of hectic workload. Without them, I believe I would have left this company millions years ago.

Cons

The company is heartless to their staff. They are unprofession, play favoritism and micromanage their staff. The upper managements don't know what they are doing. They only care about profits. They don't care about their staff. They treat SWs like the second class citizens and never appreciate our work. They micromanage their staff and closely monitor/controll the work of their staff.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and trust them Appreciate their work Appreciate the work of your SWs Fix your elevators and hot water issue at the 3rd floor before the Dept of Building comes behind you

How are they still open

Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Centers Plan for Healthy Living full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

5 o clock , going home

Cons

This place is so fraudulent I don’t know how they are still open . They hire anyone with a pulse . No skills or experience required . “Management” is ghetto , unprofessional , and a complete joke . The company is also racist .

Found 73 reviews