Central California Alliance for Health Reviews

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

30.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Central California Alliance for Health~310303
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great Employer, Great Benefits, Great Support

Jul 30, 2021 - Current Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Alliance is really gone out of its way to support staff throughout the pandemic and I really appreciate that. They've become even more flexible with employees, particularly those with kids in school, which is helpful for me. The office closed pretty quickly last year to get people home to keep them safe. We have all been working from home since then. I am happy to work for an employer who puts safety first during this pandemic. I have friends and family already called back to work. I would be unhappy to be called back. Thankfully the Alliance is allowing fulltime work from home for many employees once we do open. CCAH has really competitive pay and the benefits are the best I've ever had at any company. (Costco trip anyone?) I've had career movement and advancement over the years. I am happy to be here. Hope to retire here.

Cons

A bit too much reporting and analyzing for my taste. Not everything needs a process or architecture. Let's not get too far into the weeds or the work and members will feel it. (I wonder if we really need a whole process improvement department?)

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for your feedback and for leaving a review on Glassdoor. I am glad to hear that you felt supported as the Alliance navigated through the pandemic to make sure our employees’ safety was, and continues to be, first and foremost. Thank you to you and to all of our employees for being flexible as events changed drastically and quickly last year. We value your years of service at the Alliance and appreciate hearing that you have benefited from the opportunities for career advancement, and that you look forward to retiring here. I value and appreciate all of your feedback. I will ensure those who oversee and review organizational processes are aware of your input here. Thanks again.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

May 10, 2022 - Provider Relations Representative in Santa Cruz, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great collaboration, excellent benefits, growth opportunity

Cons

I can't think of any

3. 5.0

great company

Mar 23, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No downside. A really great company

Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you so much for leaving feedback for the Alliance here on Glassdoor.com. I'm happy to read that your experiences here are positive. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you do see areas or examples in which the Alliance can do even better. Thanks again.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Overall great company with good mission and pay/benefits are fair.

Jan 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great. The pay is competitive. The people that make up this community are great people. The people that work here, work towards a great mission.

Cons

Leadership at the very top can be vulnerable. However, there is a lot of top-down leadership behind closed doors. By the time it gets to you, decision have been made and there is no opportunity to ask questions or have further discussions. A "challenge the heart" process isn't really allowed, as much as they would like to think it is.

Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Alliance here on Glassdoor. I’m happy to read your comments about benefits, staff, and our mission. Thank you also for sharing your comments on decision making and employee input. (I believe you meant to write “Challenge the Process,” one of the five practices of exemplary leadership, which we strive to follow as we focus on our important work.) I will be sure to consider and share your feedback with others and explore opportunities and ways in which we can do better in these areas.

5. 4.0

Work Life Balance

Mar 1, 2022 - ITS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Life Balance, very friendly

Cons

Slow pace, take time to go through process

Chief Administrative Officer

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for the Alliance here on Glassdoor. I'm happy to read you're liking our work life balance opportunities. Here at the Alliance we offer fulltime telecommuting opportunities for staff where/when business needs are met. We also offer very flexible work schedules to support staff. I'm very interested in hearing more about your experiences that take longer than what you might think, and/or if you have suggestions around improving efficiency and effectiveness. As you know, one of our values is that of "Improvement," with a focus on the continuous pursuit of quality through learning and growth. I can be reached via email or a message on Teams if you'd like to share some details. Thank you again.

6. 2.0

Culture and Career Growth

Mar 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working to make the org less hierarchical and more nimble

Cons

C-suite is culture challenged, not on the same page Career growth is limited at best. They promoted from within too much about 10 years ago, then started hiring from the outside about 4 years ago, and now it's almost all outside hires, no growth/promotion from inside. Gotta leave to succeed.

Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your perceptions of the Alliance here on Glassdoor, which I’m very interested in hearing more about if you are open to discussing personally. If you feel there is a culture opportunity leadership is missing, then please share those details. We strive to have the best possible working environment for you, our most important resource, and our culture is one of the most important attributes about being at the Alliance. About your comments around career growth and promotions, we have and will continue to actively focus on the advancement of qualified staff wherever and whenever possible. HR data on this topic show something quite different than what you’ve stated. For example, the Alliance had 70 job openings in 2021. Of those openings, 42% were filled by current employees resulting in their transition to a higher job level, and/or advancement into another department or into leadership. Of those 70 openings, 13 were leadership team roles (supervisor, manager, director, chief), and sixty-nine percent of those 13 openings were filled by internal staff. We're also currently in the process of implementing software that staff will be able to use to assist them in helping plan and prepare for future growth opportunities, including making available learning pathways to further their knowledge, skills and abilities to be ready for that next career step. I’d be happy to meet with you to further discuss your perceptions, and/or talk about options and opportunities for growth here at the Alliance for which you may be qualified. Thanks again for leaving your feedback.

7. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Feb 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Culture, Staff, Compensation are all great.

Cons

Small company means there are fewer opportunities for promotion than other organizations.

Chief Administrative Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to share feedback about the Alliance here on Glassdoor. I’m so happy to read that you’ve touched on staff benefits and compensation, our culture and also your coworkers as contributing to a positive overall experience for you. While we may not have the scale for promotions that some other larger organizations may be able to offer, we actively focus on promoting eligible and qualified staff from within where and when we can. Last year (2021), 42% of job openings were filled by current employees resulting in their transition to a higher job level, and/or advancement into another department or into leadership. Of those 70 openings, 13 were for roles on our leadership team (supervisor, manager, director, chief). Sixty-nine percent of those 13 openings were filled by internal staff. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments.

8. 3.0

Ok. It Used to Be Better

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and PTO. Coworkers are friendly. Management has been supportive through the pandemic. Having HR presence in Merced was nice for a while. The Manager there was friendly, responsive and helpful.

Cons

The morale went downhill after the mass layoffs that occurred a couple of years ago, and has gotten worse with the separation of leaders at the Director level. I also feel that senior leaders live in a bubble and really have no clue about the population that we served except what they read in reports. There is a disconnect that is pretty obvious. Also, leaders rarely left their offices at headquarters in Scotts Valley to visit offices in Salinas and Merced. Obviously, we've been working remotely since the pandemic so it's not an issue now, but if we ever go back to the office I hope to see more leadership presence in the satellite offices.

Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Alliance on Glassdoor. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy our variety of benefits which are designed for our employees to experience a healthy life/work balance. It also good to hear that you have felt supported by the staff on our management teams through the pandemic and appreciated having an HR presence in Merced. The mass layoff you mention, in which staffing was reduced by 4%, occurred in 2018 and was necessary due to budgetary constraints. Your ideas and suggestions on further connecting with our members are always welcomed and appreciated. As we transition back to working in our offices, we will keep in mind your suggestion for more leadership presence in both our Merced and Salinas offices. I appreciate your feedback in this area. Thanks again for leaving feedback.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work

Feb 5, 2022 - Concurrent Review Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff dedicated to providing quality service. Adequate training

Cons

Non-competitive benefits and salary. Snack benefits food delivery was cancelled given companies poor financial performance. This presented uncertainty of the company's future viability and ability to provide job security.

Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Alliance on Glassdoor. At the Alliance we understand that a total compensation package is important to our staff. With that in mind, we work with an external compensation consulting firm to conduct regular compensation surveys so that we can adjust our salary ranges to be aligned with labor costs. I'd be curious to hear more about your impression of the benefits we offer to employees. In general, most employees find our benefits package to be quite generous and competitive. I invite readers of this review to click on the link for “Benefits” here on the Alliance’s Glassdoor.com page. Our rating for benefits is 4.5 out of five stars, and feedback directly from our employees can be reviewed. Some of the more popular benefits from our offerings are clarified below: -Employer funded 401(a) retirement plan at 10% of an employee’s salary after one year of employment. -Onsite fitness centers in all three office locations. -Monthly health and wellness reimbursement for health clubs, fitness classes, nutrition and weight loss consulting, and smoking cessation courses. -Generous PTO starting at 28 days per year. -11 paid holidays. -Bereavement leave (three days per occurrence). -Annual Costco membership fee reimbursement. -Employee referral incentives. -Annual onsite flu shot clinics. -Medical (HMO, PPO, HSA), Dental and Vision insurance. Budgetary constraints resulted in the need to cancel the twice-weekly delivery of fresh fruit for staff that you mention. This change was made back in 2018. Thanks again for leaving feedback for the Alliance.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Supportive environment, caring, mission driven staff

Jul 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The organization has a knack for bringing in talented people who are also great to work with. Meetings, projects and initiatives are well-organized, well-planned and roles and responsibilities are clear. Team members treat each other with respect and dignity. People who work here are obviously mission-driven with a deep passion for public health. The work life balance program is also phenomenal. I really feel like they care about the whole person and want everyone to succeed.

Cons

Sometimes the constant adherence to process and policy seems unnecessary and can rob you of joy and passion if you let it get to you. There are so many meetings, reports, proposals to prepare that there often isn’t time for real work and the day to day grind can get mundane.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Glassdoor and for your 3-4 years of service at the Alliance. Our Vision of “Healthy people. Healthy communities.” is exemplified by the employees who work at the Alliance and we value the passion they have for healthcare in our communities. We strive for a collaborative, supportive environment and I’m glad that you continue to experience that in our workplace and on your team. I've read your comments on the topics of process and policy, and would love to hear more from you if you're open to sharing. How could we do better here? You can contact me directly, or leave details anonymously via our confidential disclosure hotline. The number is 877-874-8416. Thank you again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Reviews

Central California Alliance for Health Reviews FAQs

Central California Alliance for Health has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 110 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Central California Alliance for Health to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Central California Alliance for Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Central California Alliance for Health. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

70% of Central California Alliance for Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Central California Alliance for Health 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Central California Alliance for Health to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be management, culture, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Central California Alliance for Health Job Seekers