Central California Alliance for Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Central California Alliance for Health CEO Alan McKay
Alan McKay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is held as top priority for the company as they know in return they get happy and dedicated employees (in 9 reviews)

• Extremely friendly people, great benefits, important mission (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Rapid expansion under ACA has created some growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is not always respected (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Central California Alliance for Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy coming to work here. I enjoy my co-workers and am proud of how awesome our department is. I love the work/life balance, the health incentives, the gym, the Costco membership and all the other things I get to take advantage of. The benefits are awesome and I am comfortable with my salary. I bounced around a bit the past few years and was never really happy or felt fulfilled. I found a company/job that I enjoy coming too and that works hard to keep their employees happy and fulfilled. I really appreciate that! When I am out in the community and meet our members I am truly proud to say I work at the Alliance.

Cons

Some upper management have been here a long time and haven't quite kept up or changed with the times...they seem a little stuck and it shows at times. That is literally my only con....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your interest in making this an enviroment that people can enjoy, thrive and succeed is clear and very much appreciated!

Mar 1, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for the Alliance. I’ve very much appreciated reading your comments, and I’m happy to see that you’re enjoying Alliance offerings, such as our work/life... More

2. "Claims Technician II"

Current Employee - Claims Tehnician II in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Tehnician II in Scotts Valley, CA

Pros

Local (20 min commute), appreciate their vision, mission and values, they have great benefits for employees.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention.

Jul 10, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for the Alliance on Glassdoor. And, thanks for your appreciation of the vision, mission and values of the Alliance.

3. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Coding Specialist in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Coding Specialist in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Central California Alliance for Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture here at the Alliance. Everyone is friendly and says hi as you walk down the halls or outside during breaks. There is a real sense of family here. While we take our work seriously, there is also time for fun. Some people may dread the thought of a company-wide meeting, but the Alliance makes every quarterly all-staff meeting fun. There is a real drive to promote healthy living and eating and a great work/life balance. There is a nice benefit package provided as well. Overall its a fantastic place to work.

Cons

I cannot think of too many cons as I really enjoy working here. It would be nice to see an on-site daycare in the future though!

Jul 10, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thanks for leaving feedback for the Alliance! We take great pride in our work environment, be it our friendly and respectful approach to our work and relationships, our focus on employee health and... More

"Long Time Employee"

I have been working at Central California Alliance for Health full-time

Pros

Great co-workers and positive environment. Benefits are competitive. Flexibility with schedules.

Cons

Would like to experience more support from leaders when issues arise. The leaders are very political and tend to follow a set path that does not always show support for the employees doing the work, and are the backbone for the company.

Advice to Management

Would like to experience more support from leaders when issues arise.

May 23, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Alliance. I’m happy to read that you’re enjoying your co-workers and our positive environment. And yes, we do attempt to provide a very... More

"Coordinator"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Scotts Valley, CA

Pros

The Alliance is an excellent place to work. The HR team has done an amazing job at hiring quality individuals that fit well in every department. Work/life balance is held as top priority for the company as they know in return they get happy and dedicated employees. The benefits are great but more importantly the entire organization works well together and everyone is well respected and valued for their individual contributions.

Cons

The only con is that we need a bigger office location in the Monterey County as so many of our employees live closer to that area.

Advice to Management

I'd only like to say, thank you for keeping an open door policy and taking each individual's suggestions into account.

Apr 19, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for the Alliance. It's greatly appreciated! Yes, work/life balance is definitely held as a top priority, and we're working to further... More

"UM Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Pros

Amazing organization! Great home-life balance! Non profit sustainable oriented organization! This company has vision and great work ethics.

Cons

The traffic in Santa Cruz is horrible but CCAH lets you work a flex schedule, which helps make it bearable.

Apr 14, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We're happy you're happy.

"treat their employees like gold!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Scotts Valley, CA

Pros

They believe if you have a happy fulfilling life then you will have a happy work life. They promote wellness, work/life balance, and overall good health physically and emotionally. They do a great job onboarding and the HR department is kind and helpful. I feel like I hit the job "lottery" with this company and am grateful they gave me an opportunity to work here as a part of their amazing team.

Cons

Bad weather and coming to Scotts Valley over 17!

Apr 14, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thanks so much for leaving feedback, and for your thoughtful comments. Yes, 2017 has been quite the bad year so far for our Highway 17 commuters and dealing with heavy rains and road closures... More

8. "RN Concurrent Review Manager"

Current Employee - RN Concurrent Review Manager in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - RN Concurrent Review Manager in Scotts Valley, CA

Pros

Dynamic company! I'm new, but suffered a loss recently (my father passed unexpectedly). Not only did my own team of RNs send me a beautiful live basket of living plants as a condolence, but the company sent a beautiful bouquet of live flowers with a super sweet card to my home = LOVE~ what other company out there does that???

Cons

There are none I can list at this time

Apr 14, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thanks for your positive feedback, and sincere sympathies for your loss. Do take care of yourself and your family during this difficult time. I'm happy to read that remembrances from the Alliance... More

9. "Process Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Central California Alliance for Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great company to work with a great employee culture and work-life balance

Cons

For some, there are no growth opportunities within HS unless you have an RN degree.

Apr 19, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for the Alliance. I’m happy to read you’re enjoying our culture and work/life balance opportunities. We do strive to provide growth and... More

"It's an honor serving the Alliance and I appreciate how much care and thought goes into our vision, mission and values!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Central California Alliance for Health (More than 10 years)

Pros

Executives really do listen to staff. They demonstrate this by conducting staff surveys every 3 years. Follow up meetings are held and results are shared with staff. Leadership then follows up with individual departments.

Great people work here and are committed to serving our members and providers. We have fun doing what we do best!

Cons

A lot of good talent has been lost due to cost of living in this area. COLA will be going away and so many staff struggle making ends meet. I realize other adjustments are being made but not having the benefit of COLA is concerning for already struggling families. While we are very thankful for the COLA adjustments, reality is that they really only cover part of our rising healthcare costs. Remember that rents and food and utilities also continue to rise. It's not easy or attainable to purchase a home as it is. Every little bit helps!

Advice to Management

Continue listening to staff as you have done in the past. We will never successfully please everyone at all times and I'm ok with that. Reconsider keeping COLA and I guarantee that it will make a difference in staffs attitude and ability to afford living in this area. Thank you for all you do!

Feb 23, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you very much for taking time to leave feedback about the Alliance. We value employee input and comments, be they from an employee opinion survey, our employee suggestion box, and/or other... More