Central Care Community Health Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Marcus Roland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Positive Changes for Central Care- New Management"

Current Employee - Support Staff in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Houston, TX

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time

Pros

* New Management includes includes employee feedback in decision making process
    * New Policies Implemented
    * Very Detailed Orientation
    * Employee Recognition helped change the work environment and motivates us to work harder

Cons

* More Training should be provided

Advice to Management

Love the improvements and changes being made. Keep it up

2. "M.A."

Pros

There was a variety in care.

Cons

There was no leadership nor management.

3. "Under New Leadership and Direction"

Pros

New President brings experience working with the community and has a love for the healthcare industry. They are looking to hire individuals who feel the same way about community health.

Cons

If you are not committed to community health, this may not be the company for you.

4. "The Leadership & Integrity"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Central Care Community Health Care is a wonderful place to work at and build a career. The Leadership and the CEO, main focus is serving the public in excellence. I've been working for central care for over 7 years now and the impact that I see, that they make in the community it makes me proud to work for a company that doesn't take, but gives.

Cons

To me it's no downside of working here, if you work hard and do the right thing you will move up. I just got another raise because of my hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep putting the community first I love working under good leadership

5. "horrible horrible horrible did I say horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I think of one I will be back

Cons

Petty... small minds breed contempt for others who are truly professional..... bounced checks... horrible.... not if it were the last place on earth with the current management.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be professional instead of concentrating on petty gossip or why you dont "Like" a person.... total morons

6. "Most horrible place I've ever worked. Run! You'll get nowhere working here."

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I truly enjoyed about working here was the fact that they did community outreach. That's what attracted me to the company. Other than that, you'll for sure make friends with your coworkers. Wanting to quit was something a lot of us had in common.

Cons

Management is horrible. A lot of lies. I even think some of administration comes on here to write the positive reviews. Yes they had meetings to get employee opinions and suggestions, but they were always shut down right away. They like to give you the illusion of having a say in things. Provider turn around time is the fastest I've ever seen. I worked there for less than a year and saw quite a few of them leave because of administration. They take advantage of hard working employees, and never show gratitude for the work that's put in. If you show any sign of wanting to leave, you'll for sure have someone from admin come up to you and tell you how you're doing a great job and that they're thinking of promoting you. All lies. They get your hopes up, and it all goes back to the same old thing in a matter of days. They always seem to be worried about money. There was a paper shortage for about a month. Employees were about to buy their own paper right before we got a small shipment in. With that said, job stability was something to worry about. We never knew if one day day we would get there and the doors would be bolted shut. Some of the administration staff has no idea what they're doing. Rules and "protocols" are constantly changing, and you get in trouble for doing something that was "the correct way of doing" a week ago. There is no room for growth. If anything, it's a good place for beginners, if you're a MA. Word of advice. Don't bother applying. And if you work there and are trying to leave, don't fall for their words of manipulation. They know good workers when they see them and take full advantage of them and for some reason reward the lazy ones. (Maybe because they're family and close friends.)

Advice to Management

Reward hard work with more than just words, and then maybe people won't be quitting in groups.

"Terrible place to work!!!"

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The community which is being served

Cons

Central Care is the most unprofessional place I’ve ever worked for. There is no structure. Senior management is unqualified. Central Care’s turnover rates are alarming. In less than a year the company has had two different CEOs, three CMOs, three CFOs, and over twelve providers have quit! The outlook for this company is so unstable. I am not optimistic the center will remain open much longer with the way it’s currently being ran.

Advice to Management

All senior management staff need to be replaced

"Worst Place of Empoyement"

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

paid holidays
    weekends off for the most part
    health care benefits

Cons

no job security
    Management is lacking
    lack of structure
    lack of funding

Advice to Management

Get some management training/classes

"Horrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I worked at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with underserved population/ community health

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!
    *High turn over- between the frequent "pink slips" and people quitting, there is an extremely high turnover rate. Administration is notorious for writing people up or firing people for no reason. Staff are micromanaged and treated like children versus the professionals that we are.Therefore, Four providers quit in 1 month and six providers in 9 months, and countless other employees.
    *$$$- administration only sees dollar signs. Every patient is a number that brings THEM money.They have and will compromise quality patient care for quantity. They allow the front desk to double and triple book patients which shortens time spent with patients and ability to address their needs. Providers are over worked with little compensation or accolades. Administration manages to give themselves bonuses and raises yet there are staff that have been there over one year and have not had a raise.
    *No supplies. The clinics constantly operate at subpar levels of necessary supplies that are needed to provide safe quality care. It takes months to get the supplies, on part because of mismanagement of funds and secondly because non clinical staff make purchasing decisions and don't know or understand the needs of a clinic.
    *mom&pop- this a mom & pop company that is trying to expand and grow at a pace way to fast for its unstable foundation. The idea of what they want to do is great, but the manner in which they do it won't get them anywhere.
    * there are NO perks to working here!!!! Everyone is overworked, overwhelmed and underpaid with horrible benefits. Many are hired under false pretenses. Staff has no voice, and concerns are rarely addressed, especially if it involves spending money and NOT making money.
    * UNPROFESSIONAL- administration is very unprofessional. They set a poor example of leadership in their lack of communication, organization, and management style.

NOTE: I am a former employee because I quit, NOT because I got fired. Therefore this review is not coming from a disgruntled employee. It's coming from someone who loved what they did but worked for a company that made it hard to keep loving it and put up with their $&@! Any positive review is likely a ploy from admin to make CC look better than what it really is.

Advice to Management

Stay in YOUR LANE!!! Do your job....write the grants and pay the bills. Hire appropriate staff for middle management of the clinical staff. Allow the CMO and nurse manager to make clinical decisions instead of the site manager. Learn to respect your employees and treat them fairly and you may be able to keep them longer than 1 year.

"Termination is the answers all problems"

Current Employee - Clinic RN in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinic RN in Houston, TX

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a nurse you have the opportunity to work in a setting that allows you to assist patients who are very appreciative of the care you give, and folks come in for various reasons - wellness visits, acute, and preventive care so you are using all your skills alongside a great care team.

Cons

Administration is focused on numbers only and actually give front desk employees incentives if they book a certain number of appointments everyday. This results in the providers being way overbooked, sometimes with 20 or more patients in 4 hours. Not safe for anyone. The medical staff is "managed" by administrators who have no clinical background resulting in chaos and confusion among the employees. Central Care was cited by the Joint Commission for a high turnover rate but the administration's answer to all problems is to find someone to blame and terminate.

Advice to Management

Clean out the upper administration, including CEO, and get people in there that respect and value employees.