Central Care Community Health Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marcus Roland

"Positive Changes for Central Care- New Management"

Current Employee - Support Staff in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Houston, TX

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time

Pros

* New Management includes includes employee feedback in decision making process
    * New Policies Implemented
    * Very Detailed Orientation
    * Employee Recognition helped change the work environment and motivates us to work harder

Cons

* More Training should be provided

Advice to Management

Love the improvements and changes being made. Keep it up

2. "The Leadership & Integrity"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Central Care Community Health Care is a wonderful place to work at and build a career. The Leadership and the CEO, main focus is serving the public in excellence. I've been working for central care for over 7 years now and the impact that I see, that they make in the community it makes me proud to work for a company that doesn't take, but gives.

Cons

To me it's no downside of working here, if you work hard and do the right thing you will move up. I just got another raise because of my hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep putting the community first I love working under good leadership

3. "horrible horrible horrible did I say horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I think of one I will be back

Cons

Petty... small minds breed contempt for others who are truly professional..... bounced checks... horrible.... not if it were the last place on earth with the current management.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be professional instead of concentrating on petty gossip or why you dont "Like" a person.... total morons

5. "Most horrible place I've ever worked. Run! You'll get nowhere working here."

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I truly enjoyed about working here was the fact that they did community outreach. That's what attracted me to the company. Other than that, you'll for sure make friends with your coworkers. Wanting to quit was something a lot of us had in common.

Cons

Management is horrible. A lot of lies. I even think some of administration comes on here to write the positive reviews. Yes they had meetings to get employee opinions and suggestions, but they were always shut down right away. They like to give you the illusion of having a say in things. Provider turn around time is the fastest I've ever seen. I worked there for less than a year and saw quite a few of them leave because of administration. They take advantage of hard working employees, and never show gratitude for the work that's put in. If you show any sign of wanting to leave, you'll for sure have someone from admin come up to you and tell you how you're doing a great job and that they're thinking of promoting you. All lies. They get your hopes up, and it all goes back to the same old thing in a matter of days. They always seem to be worried about money. There was a paper shortage for about a month. Employees were about to buy their own paper right before we got a small shipment in. With that said, job stability was something to worry about. We never knew if one day day we would get there and the doors would be bolted shut. Some of the administration staff has no idea what they're doing. Rules and "protocols" are constantly changing, and you get in trouble for doing something that was "the correct way of doing" a week ago. There is no room for growth. If anything, it's a good place for beginners, if you're a MA. Word of advice. Don't bother applying. And if you work there and are trying to leave, don't fall for their words of manipulation. They know good workers when they see them and take full advantage of them and for some reason reward the lazy ones. (Maybe because they're family and close friends.)

Advice to Management

Reward hard work with more than just words, and then maybe people won't be quitting in groups.

"Termination is the answers all problems"

Current Employee - Clinic RN in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinic RN in Houston, TX

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a nurse you have the opportunity to work in a setting that allows you to assist patients who are very appreciative of the care you give, and folks come in for various reasons - wellness visits, acute, and preventive care so you are using all your skills alongside a great care team.

Cons

Administration is focused on numbers only and actually give front desk employees incentives if they book a certain number of appointments everyday. This results in the providers being way overbooked, sometimes with 20 or more patients in 4 hours. Not safe for anyone. The medical staff is "managed" by administrators who have no clinical background resulting in chaos and confusion among the employees. Central Care was cited by the Joint Commission for a high turnover rate but the administration's answer to all problems is to find someone to blame and terminate.

Advice to Management

Clean out the upper administration, including CEO, and get people in there that respect and value employees.

"Community Champions"

Current Employee - Mid-level Provider in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mid-level Provider in Houston, TX

Pros

Joint Commission Accredited, New Management has New Vision for organization and they are achieving that vision. They have added two new sites and are on track to add tow more. They try to hire people from the community. It is a very well run Organization

Cons

Need more funding and fundraising to continue mission

Advice to Management

Continue to help employees increase their education.

"Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Mid Level Provider in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Mid Level Provider in Houston, TX

Pros

Giving back to a needed community

Cons

Unprofessional in dealing with employees "I felt as if I was a child"

Advice to Management

Professionalism goes a long way with retention of employees.

9. "Under New Leadership and Direction"

Pros

New President brings experience working with the community and has a love for the healthcare industry. They are looking to hire individuals who feel the same way about community health.

Cons

If you are not committed to community health, this may not be the company for you.

"Terrible place to work!!!"

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The community which is being served

Cons

Central Care is the most unprofessional place I’ve ever worked for. There is no structure. Senior management is unqualified. Central Care’s turnover rates are alarming. In less than a year the company has had two different CEOs, three CMOs, three CFOs, and over twelve providers have quit! The outlook for this company is so unstable. I am not optimistic the center will remain open much longer with the way it’s currently being ran.

Advice to Management

All senior management staff need to be replaced

"Worst Place of Empoyement"

I have been working at Central Care Community Health Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

paid holidays
    weekends off for the most part
    health care benefits

Cons

no job security
    Management is lacking
    lack of structure
    lack of funding

Advice to Management

Get some management training/classes