Central Florida Investments Reviews | Glassdoor

1.7
David A. Siegel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Software Development"

Pros

Good benefits and telecommuting allowed.

Cons

Very clique-y and not forward thinking at all.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know what they're doing and stop relying on nepotism to advance peoples careers.

2. "Former Automation Engineer"

Former Employee - Automation Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Automation Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Central Florida Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Lots of down time.

Cons

* Long periods of time with no active project.

Advice to Management

I worked in the IT department of Westgate Resorts for over a year. I worked as an Automation Engineer in IT. (I wrote Selenium test scripts with Java bindings full time.) I do not recommend working for this company. I was discriminated against based on religion and disability. The company Baker Acted me after I was baptized in the Christian faith.

3. "Training and experience at Westgate, though challenging, provide experience and skills that enhance your life."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

World-class training program turns you from lamb-to-lion. After this program, you will surely have sophisticated knowledge of the customer's mind and human psyche. You generally work from about 7am-12:30pm or so, 5 days a week, and can earn a great living doing that 6 months out of the year. The experience you'll receive selling timeshare (i.e. putting up with your tough tours) will surely benefit you down the road, not to mention make you laugh until you cry.

Cons

The business is cutthroat. There are 1-2 new training classes every month, so if your numbers fall behind you'll be chopped without them blinking twice (or even once!). You have no control of your prospect, you take what you get and must sell them. Many prospects will sit across a table from you, look you in the eye, and lie to you for 2 hours straight. Employees are generally kept in the dark about what goes on in the company. Working weekends is a must.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with a little more dignity for all the money they make for you...although I'm sure that is far too much to ask.

4. "CFI...not so 5 star."

Current Employee - Auditor
    Current Employee - Auditor

Pros

It's something to tie me over until I find something better.

Cons

Upper management cares nothing for the employees that they manage. They would rather look good to their bosses than support the employees under them.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the people that you manage. Without them your position would be unwarranted. Show them some respect; give praise to them; and stop giving threats of write-ups when you don't even write people up when it is needed.
    Stop sending emails to employees telling them who they need to vote for; don't send emails stating that if Barack Obama is elected president, the company will have to make more cuts.