Central Florida Regional Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Central Florida Regional Hospital Chief Executive Officer Wendy H. Brandon
Wendy H. Brandon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to get your foot in the door into the hospital setting."

Former Employee - Radiology in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Radiology in Sanford, FL

I worked at Central Florida Regional Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large hospital but not overwhelming huge. Equipment and all departments have been updated once going to trauma. Most staff and coworkers are generally friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the department your working for can quickly become short staffed. Cafeteria food is good but not all that healthy, not enough options of foods that are hood for you to choose from.

Advice to Management

Allow the employees to feel as if they can go to their union representative if there is an issue, not make them fear the union. I joined the union there and paid my union dues, but often felt as if I could not turn to the representative on fear that my job may be in jeopardy because the hospital and the union are not on (great) terms.

2. "Med Tech position"

I worked at Central Florida Regional Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always busy hospital, a lot of work

Cons

uncooperative staff, too many travelers

"I wish I had chosen a different hospital"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Central Florida Regional Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

hca benefits package, hr department.

Cons

management in unit I work is very negative and unappreciative of its staff. a lot of us feel we do not have the support we need. There is a lack of teamwork. Very unprofessional staff. The unit is very disorganized and very unclear unit policies. Unfair scheduling and a lot of favoritism.

4. "Could Be Better"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Sanford, FL

Pros

Union facility
    Some great coworkers
    401K match

Cons

Lack of equipment
    Poor management
    Facility needs updating

5. "A Med Techs Opinion"

Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technologist Ll in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technologist Ll in Sanford, FL

I worked at Central Florida Regional Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are a lot of very nice people there. The RN's are so caring and intelligent.

Cons

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Moral in the laboratory is very low. Do not know how to schedule work week properly.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter, they will ignore it or terminate you.

"Poor staffing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL

I have been working at Central Florida Regional Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is close to home.

Cons

Staffing is so short it creates dangerous occurrences. Long time and short time employees leave constantly. Equipment and furniture is antiquated and inoperable most times. Employees pay and benefits are cut every year and the cost increased, while we see money being thrown away on electronic "upgrades" that are never utilized or inoperable. Employee morale is very low.

Advice to Management

Fix staffing issues and concentrate on employee morale and appreciation. Listen to the employees not just pretend to.

"RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sanford, FL

I worked at Central Florida Regional Hospital part-time

Pros

This Hospital had a wonderful culture and philosophy. All staff were friendly and helpful. Management was involved and more hands on than in other organizations I had worked for. Education Dept. for Nursing was exceptional.

Cons

Since it was a regional hospital, it was much smaller than other organizations I have worked for. Communication with Doctors was challenging if you worked evenings and nights.

Advice to Management

I appreciated that management was helpful and more hands on than at other facilities I had worked at. My manager was easy to talk to and worked with our schedules to ensure a positive work/family balance.

8. "Surgical processing technician"

Current Employee - Surgical Processing Tech in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Surgical Processing Tech in Sanford, FL

Pros

Great opportunities to advance in any medical based jobs.

Cons

Low pay and no motive to get help.

9. "nice place to work"

Pros

The organization has some wonderful and dedicated people working there. There are some outstanding leaders and good financial management. For the most part, teams try to fulfill mission and work together.

Cons

Some leadership postiions limited to Adventists and therefore there are some people that have positions that might not otherwise. Some facilities are improving and changing so that can be unsettling. Some haven't changed for a while so there is some dead weight in some positions.

Advice to Management

Embrace bottom up change

"Has so much potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Central Florida Regional Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable work environment. Excellent pay and 401K match is great. Easy to accrue and use PTO.

Cons

Very inconsistent management styles and employees with same job title treated differently. One employee may be given flexibility when another is not given the same respect. Bullying is a very common management tactic. You develop a thick skin working here which is not always good when working in a "caregiver environment".

Advice to Management

Listen to employees family needs or other needs outside of the facility. Flex time is completely doable in some areas and should be considered. The hospital insist we be flexible but does not provide that in turn. Not room for advancement as many managers have been here 10+ years and are quite settled in their ability to do and treat their employes as they please without much reprimand. HR does nothing to take up for the common employee. Management is "always right". They tell you to go elsewhere if you are not happy rather it is fair or not.