KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Central Garden & Pet CEO Tim Cofer
Tim Cofer

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Central Garden & Pet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great company, great culture!

May 10, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people in every business segment. There are a lot of growth and development opportunities and its exciting to work for a growing, forward-thinking company.

Cons

Very segmented, so it can be challenging.

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our people are what make Central a great place to work!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to Work for

Aug 8, 2022 - Supply Chain Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing business with many opportunities for advancement, large and complex data to work with, great culture and values

Cons

Pay increases don’t always follow with increase in responsibility

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great to work with

Aug 5, 2022 - Systems Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone I work with internally is a blast to communicate with.

Cons

When I'm in the office I have no cell service.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jul 25, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Central is a great company to work for. The benefits are comprehensive but need to be updated.

Cons

More benefits for people starting their families.

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are continually looking at our benefits package and making updates to stay current with the market.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jul 20, 2022 - Merchandiser
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing support from peers/management; fun skills to learn; get to see different stores

Cons

Lonely; can be mundane; dirty

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This is a busy time for our Garden merchandisers and we appreciate all of the great work you do!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Jul 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company. Great CEO and Executive Mgmt team. Company has been established for years. Employees are friendly.

Cons

Benefits and compensation are not the best.

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We think Central is a pretty great place to work too!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ehh

Jul 5, 2022 - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Walnut Creek, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None its all bad dont appy

Cons

Everything is bad pay Work GarbGe

Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry your experience is not positive. Please contact us at recruiting@central.com to be put in touch with Human Resources if you'd like to discuss.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Slave Drivers

Jul 23, 2022 - Retail Merchandiser in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was a decent starting wage

Cons

They expect way too much from their help. To Cover multiple items in a store visit, that is not humanly possible. Dealing with touching fertilizer bags and cleaning mouse feces.

Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry that your experience with Central has not been positive. If you would like to speak to HR, please contact us at recruiting@central.com.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Toxic Workplace

Jun 24, 2022 - Terriotry Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

National company, good co-workers. Large reach to a lot of retailers.

Cons

Very low morale, concentrating on big retailers and not concerned with anything else. Big goals, little support.

Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry your experience has not been positive. If you'd like to discuss with HR, please contact us at recruiting@central.com.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

May 12, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people at the facility I work for

Cons

I cannot think of any

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We think our people are pretty great too!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 289 Reviews
</>Embed

Central Garden & Pet Reviews FAQs

Central Garden & Pet has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 315 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Central Garden & Pet to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Central Garden & Pet employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Central Garden & Pet. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

64% of Central Garden & Pet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Central Garden & Pet 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Central Garden & Pet to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Central Garden & Pet Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Central Garden & Pet? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

50 days ago

Company News
Kaytee is All for the Small - "Small in Show" Gets Some Big Love May we be so bold as to ask...why do dogs and cats get all the love? Why is it we treat these pets like royalty and ignore the rest of the animal kingdom? No matter size or species or social status, doesn't every pet deserve to be pampered and loved? Enter Kaytee. For over 150 years Kaytee has proudly championed the total well-being of birds and small pets with food, treats, bedding, toys, habitats, and accessories. They know the tremendous impact small companions can have on consumers' lives, and they want to talk about it in a big way. Introducing "All for the Small," a new campaign featuring the ways Kaytee has supported the little guys for over a century. "No brand has done more to understand and deliver on the wellness of birds and small pets than Kaytee," said Todd Regan, General Manager of Central Specialty Pet. "It's so exciting to bring our commitment to small animals to life in this new and engaging way that is sure win the hearts of consumers everywhere."
Kaytee | Small in Show Full Length ft. Rainn Wilson
www.youtube.com

50 days ago

Company News
At @Central Garden & Pet, our company mission is to lead the future of the garden and pet industries. Over 150 of our top leaders met in Phoenix to discuss how we will achieve our goals (while also having fun!). We can’t wait for all that lies ahead. #centraltohome
Shared image

Central Garden & Pet Photos

+ Add Photo
Central Garden & Pet photo of: Tim Cofer, CEO, with Toby
Central Garden & Pet photo of: Welcome to the Team!
Central Garden & Pet photo of: CSC Halloween 2019
Central Garden & Pet photo of: SunPet Halloween 2019
Central Garden & Pet photo of: Corporate Halloween 2019

Glassdoor has 315 Central Garden & Pet reviews submitted anonymously by Central Garden & Pet employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Central Garden & Pet is right for you.