Central Ohio Primary Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
J. William Wulf, M.D.

"Response to January 12th Review -"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Pros

I don't usually give much credit to negative reviews - it's usually people who have an axe to grind, but after reading the latest review of COPC posted on January 12th, I had to write. I have worked for COPC for several years - longer than the employee who quit obviously posted the January 12th review. COPC is a great company to work for, it has had some growing pains over the years and there have been some rougher times, but never have I felt that it wasn't a great place to work. The benefits are good, most of the leadership cares. We are all human, and mistakes are made, but for the most part we are going in the right direction. I feel comfortable going to my supervisors and those over them - they listen. But, sometimes, they are not able to instantly give results - that's the nature of working for a larger company. The person who wrote this review was never a team player - was very critical and outspoken and sometimes made others quite uncomfortable. Also - this former employee gave a notice, called off work a few days and completely no showed for the last week of their work - not professional. What people do when they are not at work is no one's business - as long as it doesn't interfere with their work and give COPC a bad reputation. There are always rumors and gossip - and I don't feel that the internet is the place to go with that.

I am thankful for my job - I am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given at COPC. Too bad one of our former employees that just left last month after 15 years because he finished his degree and was moving on to his field of study didn't write a review. He hated leaving - and we hated to see him go - he would give a completely different story about his time with this company I am sure.

Bottom line - great place to work - I have no intention of going anywhere else.

Cons

Sometimes I don't think the doctors appreciate all the work that is done by the central office. I wish they would come and see what we do and how hard we work for them.

Advice to Management

Keep working - the changes have been positive and it's a better department than it was 18 months ago.

2. "Worst Company in Ohio"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Westerville, OH

Pros

Not a single pro. Not one single pro the whole year I was there. Not even the benefits or location. Just a no

Cons

This is by far the worst job I've ever had. Management is a joke, team leads are worst. The worst atmosphere I've ever encountered. I wouldn't wish this job on the devil. Very, very petty environment.

Advice to Management

Quit, so that some decent managers can step in and maybe save this company. Because of my horrible experience as an employee I had to find a new doctor

"COPC could be great if they would lose mediocre middle management."

Current Employee - EHR in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - EHR in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Central Ohio Primary Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry-level pay, good goals and ideals, growing company,

Cons

It's who you know here ....

Senior management are so busy they don't realize that many middle management staff are mediocre and working against the growth they are striving for.

Not much rhyme or reason to job titles, advancement, or pay unless you are a Provider.

Cater too much to spoiled and egotistical physicians and too little to the guys that help keep the operation moving smoothly for said physicians

Not enough black and white when it comes to processes .. many things are left up to each department to decide on.. could be more organized

Advice to Management

Know how to do the jobs of the people you manage. Keep an eye on the middle management- they are good at keeping status quo... Many are just along for the ride- no real drive to improve or grow. It's a shame. Watch out for ones who are undermining other departments to make theirs look better.

4. "Ehr cordinator"

Former Employee - Radiology Clerical/Receptionist 6 Years in Brooksville, FL
    Former Employee - Radiology Clerical/Receptionist 6 Years in Brooksville, FL

I worked at Central Ohio Primary Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work.. nice Co workers..very caring and helpful.

Cons

Management does not always have the communication with employees needed to give the best customer service

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees...don't assume.

5. "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Central Ohio Primary Care (More than a year)

Pros

Great Customer service and Care of Patients

Cons

More staffing is needed in the facility

Advice to Management

N/A

"Wonderful Management at the billing office"

Current Employee - Central Billing Office in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Central Billing Office in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Central Ohio Primary Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are outstanding, the company cares about it's employees and works hard to fix problems once they're known.
    The new management is fantastic, that should have changed ages ago.

Cons

A corporation that makes as much as it does should look into a higher Christmas bonus.
    The dental cost is a bit on the high end.
    Make your employees want to continue to work for you by offering more PTO instead of maxing out after 5 years.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to what employees like and dislike, they are who keeps the company running.
    Seeing the changes that are made after complaints are given show how much you care about your employees. The key to a successful company is making your employees happy and if your employees are happy, they want to work and excel at their jobs.

"Billing Office"

Current Employee - Collector in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Collector in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Central Ohio Primary Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers are great. Convenient to shopping after work and tons of lunch places nearby. You can gain experience on the provider side by working here...

Cons

New management is ok. Better than the old that's for sure. Still treated like a 16 year old, micro management to an extreme - if you work here don't plan on getting out of your seat, ever...unless you're related to someone or have friends in management. Bonuses aren't very good. Benefits are crap. What company doesn't give bereavement leave? PTO accrual by the paycheck so you have to wait an entire month before you can even take any time, you work Black Friday, you are FORCED to leave early on Christmas Eve - you can take PTO if you have it or make up time or take it unpaid. Don't expect any favors out of these physicians. Underpaid staff. Questioning about how many bathroom breaks are taken. Promotions are few and far between and they are "chosen" not applied for. Experienced workers get treated like crap and expected to still outperform. Double standard when it comes to work - if you know someone or are related you can move 18 times before they find a position that "fits" you - if not, plan on being let go or treated so poorly you leave. Ideas ARE NOT taken into consideration, although someone (I'm guessing a higher up, ha!) posted on here visionary management team ... That's a full blown lie. Management acts like they know what they're doing, don't let them fool you. Some supervisors sit on their cell all day but get promoted because they've been there "forever". If you like to be micromanaged, underpaid, over worked with little benefits than this is your place.

Advice to Management

Benefits. Give the billing office Black Friday off, and let them leave early on Christmas Eve paid! These are the people doing your work so you have patients to treat - you should be treating us better!!! Bereavement leave,
    I mean really?! One day at least. Are you that horrible of people that you can't sympathize with someone when a loved one dies? You don't give enough PTO and the accrual is ridiculous, let people borrow up to 40 hours have them sign a paper, something! Don't promote people just because they've been here forever. Promote people that know what they're doing. Raise the pay. Raise the pay. Raise the pay. You're going to end up losing great workers because you treat them poorly. Culture and values are not here. Work life balance is not here. Half of your jobs can be work from home. Do something good for your workers. Make changes that actually work for them.

"Bad experience"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Westerville, OH

I worked at Central Ohio Primary Care (Less than a year)

Pros

Great patients with a good location. The company itself may be better but the office I worked for was disgusting.

Cons

Dr didn't want employees to wear gloves or change table papers. Employee was not well trained and she left blood all over surfaces.

Advice to Management

Screen your employees a little better. Don't let someone draw blood who has never done it before

"Run far away, and don't look back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Pros

I can't think of a single pro

Cons

Worst management team I have ever encountered. They treat and talk to their employees in such a horrible, disrespectful, unprofessional manner. And they have the worst training. You are almost guaranteed to be bad at your job because they train you to be bad at your job. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. I quit on my own terms, I am not disgruntled over being fired. I left with notice. I am writing this review to save the next person from the misery. This job will make you miserable.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees, like adults, not children. And learn how to do the job you need your employees to do.

"No. Just no."

Current Employee - Patient Accounts in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Accounts in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Central Ohio Primary Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stable company. Decent benefits including profit sharing, 401k match, This wants 20 words and I can't think of anything else good. Oh, there's an ice machine.

Cons

Everything else. Big Brother atmosphere, treated like robot kindergarteners, manager/leads have too much power, no flex time, no breaks

Advice to Management

Quit