Central Payment Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zachary Hyman

Pros
  • Get plenty of help from sales directors once your starting and are constantly given assistance in every manner (in 6 reviews)

• Having a team that is literally there to help you on all back end support is priceless for you when your out being productive (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I see no cons for this company, if they have any flaws, they must be very well hidden because I have not ever found fault with their company (in 2 reviews)

• I had to rethink the part-time opportunity (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Central Payment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Profitable, debt free company.
    Publicly traded on the NYSE under TSS and an A+ rating with the BBB.
    CPAY is a direct processor that has been listed on the INC 500/5000 list for 6 consecutive years.
    In house tech support and customer care for our merchants, no outsourcing whatsoever (big deal in this industry).

In terms of agent/sales support, CPAY's Sales Directors and their assistants are seasoned and knowledgeable, you'll be paired up with a small team whose job is to support you and flip accounts for you.
    Based from home, you work when you want, no micromanaging.
    Short turnaround time for proposals (about 10-15 minutes).
    Underwriting/back end/approval process is the quickest Ive seen in this industry, usually a 24 (maybe 48) hours for approval of applications which is unheard of in this industry.
    Free terminals on month to month agreements for all merchants, this is a game changer.

CPAY uploads weekly videos or "shows" on YouTube. The videos share industry and CPAY news, sales numbers, rep recognition/shout outs etc., cool stuff.
    Daily conference calls hosted by the Sales Directors (all optional and highly informative).

CPAY's culture is great, they're all about transparency and no pressure business model.

Cons

CPAY offers incredible agent support, that being said, this is sales, it's a highly competitive industry.
    It takes some time to build up residuals.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, Ive unfortunately had the displeasure of working with a few merchant service providers and CPAY has been the most buttoned up and honest processor Ive worked with, by far.

Mar 16, 2017 – HR

We are happy to hear our support is meeting your expectations.

2. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Central Payment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Central Payment is a wonderful company to work for. You work with amazing and talented people, grow and improve a tremendous amount and set yourself up for life.

Cons

No cons, only pros for CPAY.

"Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Central Payment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, you are not stuck in the office all the time, 3 days in the office and 2 out in the field; also the people i worked with were great, the job was great, I loved working with new people every day, they made it fun!!!

Cons

The only con is it is 100% commission, that was hard for me.

Advice to Management

Change the policy on pay, if possible!

May 17, 2017 – HR

We appreciate your review, thank you!

4. "Just follow directions to success!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Central Payment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Your own gig!
    Work as much as you like!
    Unlimited income!
    Residuals!
    Get paid next day!
    Your sales director and team will help you every step of the way! Listen to them!

Cons

It's 100% up to you!
    You must be hungry and persistent!
    It takes a couple of years to get the hang of this but well worth it!

Advice to Management

Applause to Matthew Hyman and Austin McNabb who were always there to help me be successful!
    Rare in this industry!

Thanks for the feedback!

5. "Basis Salary"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Alhambra, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Alhambra, CA

I have been working at Central Payment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great company to work for if your are looking for something flexable and working for your self to meet a lot of business owners.

Cons

No salary paid. It will motivate a lot of outside sales rep if there was a basis minimum salary been paid.

Advice to Management

Basis salary will motivate sales rep to bring in more businesses

Thanks for the advice.

"Stressfull work minimal pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Central Payment full-time

Pros

bagels on Wednesday , grub buggy comes by to office pick one item, staff are nice. Bonus for 40 call intakes

Cons

Horrible medical coverages, pto, sicks days, minimal,

Advice to Management

More reps should be hired and stop yelling at us if we are on a call for too long, or when there's 10+ in the queue smh

Nov 1, 2016 – HR

Thanks for your review and advice to management.

"Great people, great opportunity"

Former Employee - Independent Representative in Owego, NY
    Former Employee - Independent Representative in Owego, NY

I worked at Central Payment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Central Payment offers a ton of support for their agents. They were always encouraging and helpful when you need them. Everything is pretty clear and they provide more than enough tools to get you started in the merchant services industry.

Cons

I can't think of any, really.

Advice to Management

Great job! The structure in place is effective and efficient.

Nov 1, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your comment, we appreciate it.

"BE AGGRESSIVE. BE A HEAD HUNTER. NO RISKS."

Current Employee - Merchant Solutions Consultant in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Merchant Solutions Consultant in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Central Payment full-time

Pros

***The great thing about this job that immediately sparked my interest is the complete absence of financial risks to new employees.

***The support team is extremely interactive and helpful to employees and customers alike.

***Work from home, on your own time. You decide what you want to achieve in this business. You just have to REALLY want it to survive, but it's certainly there.

***Nice bonuses and incentive programs to keep you motivated and hungry for your next sale. Not always recurring, but are occasionally available at your Sales Director's discretion.

Cons

***The World of Sales.

***Insanely competitive.

***Recommend getting some sort of part-time income while you build your business up.

***Potentially overwhelming number of rejections compared to positive responses. At times this ratio seems to be approximately 90~95% (negative responses/rejections) to approximately 5~7% (positive responses/accepted bids). There is a small variable in there of prospective clients who are "not interested at this time," or are somewhat interested but would like to discuss at a later date/time. Then of course you have those who are difficult to get a straight answer from or a certain vibe from, so you must work on them a little bit to break their shell. I mean, really, you deal with all sorts of characters from all walks of life and you simply must be able to adapt.

***It's pretty critical to your success to have some sort of experience in sales. CPAY will hire you with or without experience, and will diligently train you to be a successful if not solid salesman, but if you want immediate financial success you must be a pro at your craft. I certainly wish I had entered this field with a vast knowledge and understanding of sales already under my belt. However, CPAY is incredibly helpful and attentive with their employees (especially new employees), training and educating them in their system and within the overall general field of sales. I'm telling you as unbiased as possible, these people are absolutely wonderful in terms of support and assistance. They are virtually unmatched in this area it seems.

Advice to Management

***It might be nice to suit salespeople with a working model/demo of the equipment being sold/advertised to prospective clients.

***A hands-on mentor in the initial start-up process would be immensely helpful to new sales staff. Someone who's been there, done that, knows the ropes of the industry, and is well versed in the respective market's lingo along with general sales dialect and protocol.

***Also, getting new employees up and running with some solid, dependable leads would be very helpful to newcomers and would certainly boost employee morale and optimism heading into an unforeseeable future with the company. CPAY already has your back 100% from the get-go as evidenced by their amazing support staff, but equipping new employees with leads would undoubtedly jump-start their career in the right direction.

***Offer more bonuses and/or incentives to encourage employees to really push new sales and be relentlessly determined in getting to that goal of achieving such bonuses/incentives.

Jul 7, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your candor and advice to management. We appreciate you spending the time on this review.

"Ok"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Central Payment (More than 8 years)

Pros

Got to explore businesses and learn about the latest and greatest in the world of non cash payment products

Cons

Commission is good but hardly utility bill safe unless you find an American owned business it's usually hard to convert the other ethnic groups

Advice to Management

More hands on training would be nice and helpful leadership and morale booster incentives as well as top or regional sales executive contests

Jul 29, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your comments.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Bank of America CORPORATE SECURITY in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Bank of America CORPORATE SECURITY in Dallas, TX

Pros

Enjoy interacting with business owners. Ability to help grow business through merchant processing. I like training our customers /clients on the products and the new equipment.

Cons

Not at this time

Advice to Management

Great Job!

Jul 7, 2016 – HR