Central Restaurant Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Troy Hanna

1. "Product Consultant"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Central Restaurant Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very inviting atmosphere. Room to work and tons of support.

Cons

Lots of information initially. A lot to retain.

Advice to Management

Don't stop getting better.

2. "Good company, but needs some changes"

Former Employee - Category Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Category Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Central Restaurant Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Good people. Growing company that tries to be progressive (sometimes happens, sometimes does not). Discounts on kitchen equipment and supplies (sometimes free samples). Nice new building with good work conditions.

Cons

Micromanagement is tough to get around. Managers do not want to listen to employees. Expectation to work more than 40 hours per week; if not, it is seen as negative on the employee. Sales consultants get special treatment, above and beyond other employees. Not many options for progressing to higher positions.

Advice to Management

Let employees fail - this is how they learn. Micromanaging only puts people in silos and does not let them grow professionally.

3. "Great Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Central Restaurant Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to grow and further your skills. CRP has become a wonderful company to work for and continues to push hard for new opportunities for growth as a company.

Cons

none at this point in my career. This company will continue to be a great company to work for...

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for greatness. Don't give up the pursuit for domination in the industry.

4. "Catalog/Web Content Coordinator"

Former Employee - Freelance Writer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Freelance Writer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Central Restaurant Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

--management
    --laid back atmosphere
    --energetic and cohesive team

Cons

--tight deadlines
    -little communication between departments

"Go to ZESCO."

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

They give you discounts on the equipment! You can build a great kitchen in your home!

Cons

The President and COO are probably more incompetent than the warehouse crew and it is a small company so you have to put up with it everyday...

Advice to Management

Think long-term growth! Pony up and give your Product Consultants a min. salary.

6. "This is a growing company, whose goal is to be the best in our field and to have the best employees to do the job."

Current Employee - Must Keep Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Must Keep Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Good people! This company has it's ups and downs as well as any company. Per the March 11, 2009 review it is not true. There are 4 female managers. Not just one. As far as being racist they are not. But unfortunately some people like to play that card. Instead of looking at what they do to cause them to lose a job. Not showing up to work regularly, late ALL the time, not calling in, no coming back from lunches etc. This is not racism, it is a company that finally says enough is enough. I am happy for my job and have worked in many companies that were not as good as Central! This is a growing company and it is reaching new heights and I feel like they are learning as they go & strive to be the best in our field and to have the best employees to do the job.

Cons

I do have to agree that not everyone is on the same page at Central, and that it would be better if the departments worked together more to try and run things in a more efficient manner. There are a lot of meetings and it can be hard to utilize your manager when you need them. The biggest downside I would say about Central is our IT department! Some are good but others are not and you spend alot of time waiting for things to be fixed and get alot of I don't knows, shoulder shrugs and walk aways, leaving you blinded as to if the problem is going to be resolved or not. Also removing programs & or adding them with out considering all those who use them. Just a select few. Acknowledgement or appreciation for a job well done is not the highlight here. Only in certain departments. Everyone needs to know they are appreciated. Although the company has been picking up on that a bit more.

Advice to Management

Remember the little people. Because when they are happy with the job and the managers things run much smoother.

7. "Unless you are unemployed, don't work for this company. Keep your current job."

Former Employee - N/A in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - N/A in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

discounts on products
    new building
    Park 100 location

Cons

This is a small company (around 130-150) employees. Most of the employees have been there forever or are brand new. Information is not shared between departments. People with knowledge will sit through the meeting and not say a word. Most meetings are a complete waste of time. People are fired regularly. People who quit are bad mouthed and blamed after leaving. Potential applicants are excluded just based on their name (race, ethnicity, etc). All the managers are white. There is only one female manager in the company. If you are a white male, you might like working here.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't help them at all. They think they know everything already!

8. "My Experiences at Central"

Former Employee - Sales Intern
    Former Employee - Sales Intern

Pros

Central is a great company that values the success in its employees. Central is a very transparent company that never hides information from anyone no matter what position you hold. The management team helps provide motivation and sets clear goals for the team. I asked numerous questions during my internship and was provided clear and percise information each and every time. Everyone at Central buys into the core values and I was lucky enough to be apart of that success! I would highly reccomend this company to anyone looking for employment!

Cons

There are no cons at Central!

9. "Great Company, Great Environment!"

I have been working at Central Restaurant Products full-time

Pros

Wonderful people to work around/with
    Amazing management that goes out of their way to get out of YOUR way (they don't always feel like they are right or their way is best)
    Free food
    Lots of company events/holidays
    Competitive pay/benefits
    Bonuses

Cons

Sometimes a little stuck in the past as far as software and the website go

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Stick to Central's core values.

10. "Tremendous Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

Pros

Management really cares about their employees. The values that have been put in place are strong and encourage a positive work environment.

Cons

None through my employment so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!