Central Texas College Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Dr. Thomas Klincar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • All holidays off Two weeks paid break for Christmas one week paid for spring break (in 5 reviews)

• A very friendly work environment both within the department I was working in and within the administration (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They pay low staff wages with no room for growth (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management is not involved with the students, and they see students as numbers (in 5 reviews)

1. "CTC Europe - Camp Arifjan (Adjunct)"

I have been working at Central Texas College part-time

Pros

Very knowledgeable and Compentent staff. Everyone was friendly and all the students were eager to learn.

Cons

Hiring process takes about six weeks but was well worth the wait.

2. "No words can explain how bad things are here..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Central Texas College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Time off is the only thing they can hide behind.

Cons

Salaries are a joke (Walmart starting pay is higher), they are in no way competitive salary wise position for position. Expect to perform the work of three positions for less compensation than one, no raises unless you are of relation to the Chancellor (both of his daughters jobs were "reclassified" in order to obtain raises). HR/EEO (unethical and sometimes illegal), administration belittle and verbally abuse staff to include sexist remarks from top leadership (complaints have been made but HR buries them all).

Advice to Management

Take some leadership classes, you do not know everything like you think you do! The times have changed and you have been left behind. Most of you were born privileged and are completely out of touch with the reality of how your staff is living. Mismanagement is tearing apart your organization and your staff is upset about a few cents raise while you line your pockets. Your need for perpetual (yes your staff has a vocabulary that includes "perpetual") self gratification proves that you are only about yourselves and have no interest in growing this institution. In conclusion, I feel that you need to be reminded that most if not all of your staff is currently seeking employment.
    --The CEO/Chancellor is not Dr. Klincar as listed on Glassdoor--

"HR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

I worked at Central Texas College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros at this location.

Cons

The upper Management just cares about themselves. PERIOD!!!! No pay raises in three years ,but you build a dog park ,construction ,and signs Instead of raises. Employees at McDonalds and other fast food get better pay.

Advice to Management

Make pay better than local Fast Food Restaurants

"RUN - Whatever you do, stay away!!"

I worked at Central Texas College full-time

Pros

Half days on Fridays. Off on a lot of holidays.

Cons

Pay is horrible. Management is a joke. It's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know. A lot of nepotism going on from the chancellor down which breeds a lot of favoritism that should not be allowed. Some employees are allowed to get away with things that would get others in trouble. Everyone sees it but no one says anything about it.

Also, how are you going to completely shut down one department after years of service? And only with a 30 day notice. Really? You think that was enough time for people to prepare? On top of that, no consideration was given to the displaced employees on being placed somewhere else in the college. Yes, they all had to apply to open positions but none of them were considered for any position....except one...the village idiot. He got a cushy position because again....it was who he knew, not what he knew. While everyone else was being rejected left and right, this idiot got the job description and requirements re-written just for him. Don't you need a Master's Degree to be a professor? Oh, but the people who had the credentials were automatically rejected so this idiot could get a position. Yeah, fishy. After seeing how the people in this department were treated, there is no way that I can in good conscious recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop spending money on "beautifying" the campus when you should spend that money on paying the employees what they are worth. You should have used that $250,000 spent on building that ugly concrete sign on your employees.

Also, if everyone can't have a raise, then why can the chancellor, the board, and the chancellor's step daughter get one? Two years without a cost of living increase due to money shortage yet the higher ups get themselves raises. Sounds very fishy to me.

5. "Instructor"

I worked at Central Texas College part-time

Pros

Set my own hours for class

Cons

Didn't get paid until after I submitted grades

6. "Because this is forcing me too"

Current Employee - Night Monitor in Fort Richardson, AK
    Current Employee - Night Monitor in Fort Richardson, AK

I have been working at Central Texas College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff, good location, goodles hours

Cons

It took 4 years to break $12.00

7. "Workstudy"

Former Employee - Workstudy in Killeen, TX
    Former Employee - Workstudy in Killeen, TX

I worked at Central Texas College (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to have some income while taking classes.

Cons

Job satisfaction could vary by department.

Advice to Management

Hire your work study students it looks better on the college job placement rate.

8. "ADN Faculty"

I worked at Central Texas College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoyed sharing knowledge with students. Off all federal holidays, spring break and Christmas.

Cons

Work load was easily 55 hours a week. Time spent in mandatory meetings was excessive.No vacation or compensatory time off (that was offered) for working overtime.

Advice to Management

Keep people motivated by allowing for a better work/life balance.

"Place is run by arrogant over-educated individuals unfit to operate a business"

Current Employee - No Ones Business in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - No Ones Business in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Central Texas College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work-Life Balance and colleagues that have to create their own support systems because the institution has none.

Cons

Pay and ironically educational benefits, upper management belittles staff on a daily basis and we "lucky to have jobs". Ruled by fear not respect.

Advice to Management

You get what you pay for, and those of us that stick around have our own agenda. Pay us a respectable wage and let us do our jobs. Us, the pee-ons/go-fors run this institution not the "elite" that don't know their left from their right hand.

"Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

I worked at Central Texas College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are allowed to lead however, opinions and ideals are not heeded until it's to late. Good retirement plan and you get all majors holidays, spring break and Christmas break.

Cons

Favoritism is obvious. Some of the Senior Leadership have been there for many years and need to pass the mantle to new Leadership. Senior leadership is reactionary and not visionary.

Advice to Management

Need to listen more to mid-level managers and the people in the trenches. Visit campus offices more during registration.