Central Texas Marketing and Management Reviews | Glassdoor

David Ortiz

1. "I Love them!"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Temple, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Temple, TX

I worked at Central Texas Marketing and Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with David and his crew was an amazing job. He is great to his employee's and encourages a positive attitude. He is one of two companies I would love to work with at anytime. The person that gave a bad review must not have been confident that he could accomplish the goals they set daily.

Cons

None greatest company ever.

Advice to Management

Ignore people who just don't want to be motivated. If I had a car I would move to Austin and apply for a career with you in the field. No doubt your a great employer.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here because it makes me want to come to work every day! I've never had a job like this before. The training is great and the environment is one that is encouraging and uplifting. I actually have a "work family now" and I have a REAL opportunity to work my way up in this business.

Cons

Working 6 days a week is expected in order to be able to move up asap. There are some challenges in the business but most jobs have challenges, the question is are you willing to face the challenge. I've learned that from other jobs, they all can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to prove my worth. I always felt like I was being under paid at my previous jobs and here I get to be rewarded for my hard work. Thank you for the no seniority rule thank you for promoting from within 100% and thank you for the support throughout!

Jan 4, 2017 – President

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it very much!

"Ha ha ha what a joke!"

Former Employee - Owner in Killeen, TX
    Former Employee - Owner in Killeen, TX

I worked at Central Texas Marketing and Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great if you like being a con artist. The Kool aid they give you is delicious but it doesn't feed your family.

Cons

Let me explain. They convince you to join their team by using mid level employees that are taught a coercive script to explain this "amazing" job opportunist with advancement and earning potential that can be accomplished in a short time. Don't believe me, go to the second interview you'll get one of you have two brain cells. Once you start training to sell Directv the environment is a forced level of positivity to ensure you remain bought in. All the while they have private meetings with the "Account Managers." They expect you to make account manager within a month where they will then teach you the script for second interviews. You go to the private meetings where you realize the business isn't so much about sales but keeping me hires tricked into coming on board and staying on board to increase sales for the owner who takes over half of each sale. If you continue drinking the Kool-aid they'll even give you an opportunity to run your own territory, normally forcing you to move for this opportunity at a six figure job. Then they send you to a second rate market that no one actually wants because their isn't enough revenue to maintain a business or make any more money then when you started with the company. The previous owner still still takes profit from your whole offices sales but now so does the home office as the cost to do your books and print your checks. Seriously avoid this place, it is just a well disguised pyramid scheme. As for these other awesome reviews, that is another requirement for the account managers is to place forced amazing reveiws to draw new hires in.

Advice to Management

Find a real job because even if the base pay and commissions provide a sustainable living you'll be using all your money on gas and putting hella miles on your vehicle.

Dec 22, 2016 – President

Dear Reviewer- Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our company. We are sadden to hear you did not have a pleasant experience while working at our firm. With that being said, our ... More

5. "GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!"

Pros

This is a great opportunity for anyone to gain experience with marketing and management and you also have the opportunity to grow in the business into upper level management with no seniority. The program is designed to qualify you for upper level management in 6 to 8 months. The people who work here are all fun to work with and it's been a great experience so far, and a lot of fun!

Cons

If you're overqualified for entry-level it may not be as attractive in the beginning but once you learn the business you understand how fast you can grow and can appreciate the process more in reference to the bigger picture which is management and running your own office/territory. Running your own office gives you the potential to make 6 figures a year! Wow, where else can you find?

Advice to Management

I've noticed mostly positive reviews for this company and some negative reviews. I can't understand where the negative reviews come from though

"Great experience with marketing and sales!"

Former Employee - Acct Manager in Harker Heights, TX
    Former Employee - Acct Manager in Harker Heights, TX

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you're looking to get your foot in the door with marketing and sales. You'll be trained from entry level and could potentially run your own office if you meet the qualifications. The pay is also good compared to other job opportunities in the area $9hr starting out and $11hr for Acct Mgrs with commission and bonuses ). Office is constantly expanding and looking to promote more and more people to run their own office. I'd still be working with CTMM but I only took it as a summer job because I went back to school to complete my degree. I was able to interview and train others so I'm glad I took the job because it's going to look good on my resume. I might even be willing to go back and work with them after I get my degree.

Cons

Some of the challenges are the schedule where you work 6 days a week. You'll definitely have to talk to a lot of people daily so if you're not an outgoing type of person this could be difficult. Overall it's very challenging but from what I got I think it could be very rewarding too.

Advice to Management

David, I wouldn't worry about the negative reviews you get. I loved working with your company and could possibly be coming back after I graduate. I remember you said I could come back so I hope that still stands.

Jan 4, 2017 – President

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it very much!!

"GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR, GREAT EXPERIENCE!"

Former Employee - Entry Level Representative in Killeen, TX
    Former Employee - Entry Level Representative in Killeen, TX

I worked at Central Texas Marketing and Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very reputable company that works with large well known clients like Best Buy, Sam's Club and DirecTV. Base pay per week is $400 plus commission and bonuses. You have to be a very confident person and you must believe in yourself and you'll succeed in this business. I stopped working here because it's very career oriented and I'm looking more for a 9-5 type short term job. If you're looking for a long term career this place is perfect. I think the negative reviews come from people who just weren't meant for the entrepreneurial aspect of the business. I would recommend this company, their training and the CEO to anyone looking for a good opportunity. Good luck on your journey. :-)

Cons

Long hours, hard work and you'll have to commit and sacrifice things you don't necessarily want to sacrifice but the reward is there if you're willing to put the effort in.

"Knew several people that worked for this company."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Temple, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Temple, TX

I worked at Central Texas Marketing and Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, free meals on Tuesday nights

Cons

No weekends off, only off on Wednesday,must be able to sell or they fire you,the company wants you to be pushy

Advice to Management

This corny uses people to sell so that the owner makes more money and u will not bring home no more than 2-300 dollars a week, bc he takes his off the top. Very stressful environment. The coolest people are the ones that works the front desk and the HR girl. The owner is not really there that much, and people that don't know what to do runs the office. Total disaster. This job puts a lot of miles on your car, and they don't even pay for your gas....do not work for this company...you will truly regret it.

Jan 4, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that you had a bad experience with our company. Since 2011 we've been able to grow into the company we are today. We did that by working hard and smart ... More

"Very Good Experience!"

I worked at Central Texas Marketing and Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was making good money wasn't bringing home nothing less then $500 a week which I think is pretty good in this area, also is didn't really have a family to feed. The distant was ok to me, I would travel from KIlleen to Temple 6 days a week having 1 day off.if you are looking for a full time position and want to make plenty of money in the process then this company is right for you.

Cons

Completing training could be a challenge u have to make a certain amount of sales to complete the training process but if you have the ambitions to succeed then u will...and I made it through training in 3 days and became a Account Manager 2 weeks after I was there.

Jan 4, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a good experience with our company!! We're located in Austin TX now but we definitely miss the Temple/Killeen area. We're still ... More

"Not a good experience"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Temple, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Temple, TX

I worked at Central Texas Marketing and Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team was great!

Cons

not paid enough for what i was doing. Was paid less than 200.00 dollar a week

Advice to Management

you should pay your admins more and maybe they would want to stay with your company

"Good Opportunity, be willing to relocate when the time comes."

I worked at Central Texas Marketing and Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training program, it's very thorough, you will go from knowing nothing to a pro in a few days.

Cons

Lots of hours and very strict compliance restrictions