Central Texas Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Stahl
1 Rating

1. "Public Relation Intern"

Pros

Awesome people, great learning experience

Cons

I don't have any cons

2. "Staff Sonographer, Vascular, and Radiology"

Current Employee - Sonographer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sonographer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Central Texas Medical Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional facility, team enviroment and a managerial staff whom i'd say is the best in the business. The people working have a wonderful work ethic and are highly skilled. We work as a team and are given the tools and support needed. Compensated for jobs done well.

Cons

Unable to aquire a full time position, Employees in the Ultrasound section remain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Our trust

3. "it's a great place."

Current Employee - PBX Operator in Wimberley, TX
    Current Employee - PBX Operator in Wimberley, TX

I have been working at Central Texas Medical Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working here. But the drive from my home to here is filled with deer,.I have hit 2 in the past 2 years.

Cons

The drive into work for me in the dark is very scary with deer. If I lived closer I would never leave.

5. "Good old girls and boys club"

Current Employee - Rrt
    Current Employee - Rrt

Pros

The night shift has a good work ethic I worked day shift for 4 years and switched to nights

Cons

The management has people who have been in their positions for many many years and they are corrupt and unethical and immoral. I saw employees have affairs get caught and nothing done. They have people who got hired because their relatives are doctors in community and are horrible workers who cause chaos and never get fired. I left day shift because all this was going on and no one in management cares. Bottom line Ctmc is an adult version of small town high school and there is no God or Christ like mission going on there. I also have seen really good talented people with great skills be let go because of small minded petty management with no vision and are afraid to lose their positions and pay checks. I have been an rrt for 18 years and this is the worst place I've ever been a part of.i did not get fired I left because very horrible everyday experiences. Most of people who have worked there longer than 10 years are happy to dump on others and this is why I left.

Advice to Management

Clean house get new fresh prospective in your hospital! There are managers and especially directors who are not doing there jobs and you have people in leadership positions who just are lazy and unethical.

6. "RN"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Central Texas Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CTMC is not a normal job. All the employees become like family. In this facility people really care for one another and the patient's as well. Management tries to show an effort in improving the nurses stations and workflow for everyone.

Cons

Can provide more room for advancement for all employees

7. "PRN RN"

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

None that I can remember

8. "Small hospital in a small town."

Pros

There is a more personal approach to health care and bedside nursing. The physicians listen to the nurses recommendations for the most part. Coworkers help each other out.

Cons

There are some management changes happening, which is making some staff unhappy. With new management comes new changes.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staffs concerns.

"FANTASTIC work environment"

I have been working at Central Texas Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership is truly interested in the well-being of their employees despite other reviews on here. They are genuine and caring and unfortunately have had to make some tough calls the last few years due to shifting business priorities (let's not forget, even though it's a non-profit hospital, they have to make money to stay in business.) I'm left to do my job with no micromanagement and held accountable for results. This is TRULY a faith-based organization--you will often pray before meetings and in your group huddles, so if that makes you uncomfortable, then this probably isn't the place for you. They live the mission of "Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ"...they walk the walk not just talk the talk like so many other "faith-based" hospitals.

Cons

I honestly can't think of many right now. As with any organizations, there are some long-term employees that are resistant to change, but slowly they are retiring and/or being managed out. CTMC is growing rapidly and they need to get on the bus or get out of the way.

Advice to Management

The PDO (paid days off) program isn't the best...but it's not the worst I've ever had in my career. Management could be a bit more visible inside the hospital at times, but I can understand how busy they are. All in all, senior management are good people doing a great job.

10. "Neutral"

I have been working at Central Texas Medical Center full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Mostly positive atmosphere

Cons

Raises are few and far between, and no one likes to feel like they're at a dead end.

"ancillary service director is very unethical"

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Austin, TX

I worked at Central Texas Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary, nursing staff, co-workers, shift hours

Cons

The entire full time pharmacist staff including the director were forced to resign with a total of 47 years of
    experience.

Advice to Management

curb your unethical behavior