Central Transport Diesel Mechanic Reviews | Glassdoor

Manuel J. (Matty) Moroun

"Very good job"

Current Employee - Diesel Mechanic

I have been working at Central Transport full-time

Pros

Pay , all the OT you want

Cons

Building raggedy , raccoons are every where

Central Transport2019-05-16

Central Transport Response

June 3, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts. Have you spoken to your supervisor or Terminal Manager about the raccoons or your concerns with the building itself? Any required repairs or maintenance should be reported and can then be addressed and corrected. ...

• "Diesel Mechanic"

Current Employee - Diesel Mechanic in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Central Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working with all of my coworkers and the overlap of the shop and terminal keeps things busy year round. The benefits are good, and the shop is well ran. I enjoy driving the service truck and the work day seems short when there is no time to sit around.

Cons

Exposed to the elements.

Central Transport2016-07-27

"Horrible managment"

Current Employee - Diesel Mechanic in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Central Transport full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Relaxed work environment , mostly new equipment , great work mates well the ones who stay and the coke machine is really cold so very cold

Cons

they micromanage to much horrible decisions made form thousands of miles away and have no idea what they are doing they allow people in operations to make decisions for the maintenance side they make rash decisions on the fly that effect our lives on a whim

Advice to Management

stop micomanaging everything if you dont trust your field supervisors to make a decision then why even have them allow them to do there job and listen to us in the field remember we are there and know what the best decision should be

Central Transport2015-08-02
    • "Overall the company is mediocre to work for, but the people I specifically work for are awesome."

Current Employee - Diesel Mechanic

I have been working at Central Transport

Pros

High turn over so moving to a better shift is easy. Overtime for mechanics starts at 40 which somewhat compensates for the low pay, somewhat...

Cons

No structure. Company policies and plans change very often. They base pay is super low compared to similar jobs which is fine when you can get overtime, but is horrible when they just decide to get rid of overtime. The decision to do things of that sort are not based on any kind of rhyme or reason either. Bottom line this is a privately owned company so you are subject to the whims of a questionably sane owner.

Advice to Management

Matty, best advice I can give you is to incorporate a board of some sort and give them control of the decisions of the company and guarantee their job for a few years. That way they can make decisions for the company and not be afraid to speak up or change something because they are afraid you will fire them. Give to you long time good employees and think about them instead of the bottom line.

Central Transport2014-12-25