Centria Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Scott Barry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "work as much as you want, good pay" (in 11 reviews)

• "Working with amazing kids with autism" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be challenging at times" (in 6 reviews)

• "The company isn't very helpful when it comes to getting you to full time hours" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Uniquely Positioned Company Dedicated to its Mission"

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time

Pros

To reiterate previous employee reviews, Centria IS a rare breed. It's extremely uncommon to find the majority of a company’s employees willingly go above and beyond the parameters of their job description to ensure the overall success and fulfillment of the mission. The demand and need for services is overwhelming so the company is expanding rapidly. With that, they strongly promote honest and open communication. They welcome and seek out criticism, feedback and idea’s from every department level – and they actually listen. If you don’t like something, you can feel comfortable voicing your opposition with an alternative solution. The company wants you to be successful, and will support and assist you in doing so. Your efforts do not go unrecognized. There is a lot of opportunity and room for exponential growth, and you truly do have the power to be a part of it.

It’s extraordinarily rewarding both professionally and personally when you can see, first hand, how your efforts have made an invaluable impact on the lives of children in need. Centria truly created something very special, and I’m so happy to be a part of it.

Cons

Centria simply may not be for everyone. The company is growing extremely fast so you need to be adaptable and patient. You NEED to be a team player. There are so many moving parts that have to come together to make a successful case, so you need to do your part.

As with any growing company, there are unforeseen roadblocks and frustrations. You may have to work harder than initially expected. You may end up putting in longer hours than what you signed up for. You might be faced with major setbacks that are outside of Centria’s control, and you have to overcome them. But knowing there is true, positive meaning behind your efforts makes it all worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to new idea's. Continue to listen to encourage your employees. Understand that there are issue's beyond Centria's control and continue to support your employee's in overcoming those issues. I don't foresee this ever being an issue but never lose sight of the mission.

Centria Healthcare Response

Nov 5, 2018 – Director of Marketing

Thank you very much for the glowing review! We pride ourselves on living our mission every day and doing whatever we can to help as many children with autism as we possibly can. And thank you for... More

2. "Clear focus on mission, great perks"

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Really love the support I get from the clinical staff at Centria. Always willing to help and jump in when I need. Being in the field was isolating at other companies, but not at Centria.

Cons

I think they can just

Advice to Management

Keep on the track

"BCBA"

Current Employee - BCBA in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - BCBA in Novi, MI

I have been working at Centria Healthcare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I just reached my 4 year anniversary working with Centria. I started as a technician and worked on completing my certification and I am now a BCBA. It is a great place to grow as the company continues to grow and new opportunities are always coming up. I was a full time employee until I had my daughter last August and I am thankful for the flexibility to continue as part time doing what I love- helping the children with autism and their families while also raising my daughter without sacrificing either. One day I will come back full time.

I loved my supervisor/ RCD Lauren who helped get me to my role as BCBA! I passed my first time with the exam and I thank her for that. My new RCD is great too.

Also, pay is great at any level of employment.

The big monthly meetings motivate me and remind me why I love what I do. I don't currently qualify for bonuses but that is a plus for full time employees. They also count as CEUs now for BCBAs which is great! But more than that I like the networking factor and seeing everyone in person since I don't see my coworkers often.

Cons

Sometimes communication is off. But I would say it has improved in the 4 yrs and continues to get better as the company adjusts to the growth.

Advice to Management

I think the company continues to improve and make things better so there is nothing specific. Thanks Centria for the opportunity to grow! - Sara S.

4. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Novi, MI

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great. Lots of smiling faces and if you ever need any help at all they are more than happy to lend a hand. Very positive upbeat environment. I have been working here for a month and I have not seen anyone with a bad attitude. Not one. Sounds strange I know but the culture fosters that type of environment.
    The CEO Scott sits in on your orientation so you get to know him and you can find him playing ping pong with employees pretty often. Cool things that make them stand out. Oh and did I mention the free fresh ground coffee machine that is like a coffee wizard and the golf simulator? Maybe I forgot to mention that. All in all I have enjoyed my time here so far.

Cons

Build an office closer to me? I mean really I am not joking. My drive into work is one of the most annoying things about the job.

Advice to Management

Doing a good job. I like it and would like not only stay on for a while but to also bring some friends and family aboard.

5. "Amazing company with amazing growth"

Current Employee - Talent Services Manager
    Current Employee - Talent Services Manager

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Centria for about a year and a half and I can honestly say that I love what I do. I love working with a company that is supportive of my personal and professional growth. Centria to me is not “just a job” it is a career in a field that I am very passionate about.
    The leadership team truly cares about their employees and the clients they are providing services for. I always feel supported in the work that I do and whenever I have a problem, I know I have a strong team behind me to help me solve it. My team is very close and everyone is willing to help each other whenever we need it. I feel valued and respected each day I go into the office.
    My favorite part about working at Centria is knowing that the work I do impacts a child’s life in such a positive way.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging at times.

6. "Great Culture and Mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Centria is expanding quickly, and this offers an incredible opportunity to grow with the company. The people are very knowledgeable and welcoming to new team members.

It's a great company with a strong culture and mission, "To help every child living with autism to develop, pursue and achieve their goals and dreams through high-quality ABA therapy and support."

Cons

Centria is growing rapidly, so it's important to be agile and adaptable.

"Amazing Place to work & work with"

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Leadership understands the mission and provides great direction. The work atmosphere is very collaborative and fun.

Cons

Coffee machine goes down every few days.

"Best culture, opportunity and work environment"

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Incredibly strong leadership that clearly outlines business goals and then sets stakeholders lose to accomplish them in the best way they see fit.

Cons

Two divisions in separate buildings, but moving into new location soon that will be really awesome and provide collaborative work spaces!

Advice to Management

Keep providing clear direction!

9. "Behavior Technician"

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Work as much as you want
    Nice people
    Can work center and in home

Cons

Bad insurance policies
    That is it

"Amazing place to Work"

Pros

Wonderful place to work.
    I honestly can these people actually care about their patients. Trust me on this one.
    Once you start you will know you are part of the family.
    Lots of potentials to grow.
    You will fit right in right away
    good pay

Cons

lot of work at times but at least time gets to go by fast.
    They are working on fixing some issues we have brought up.
    Business is growing so lots of all over the place at times.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.