Centria Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 10, 2019

3.4
Scott Barry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "work as much as you want, good pay" (in 12 reviews)

• "Working one on one with children with autism" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be challenging at times" (in 6 reviews)

• "Nearly impossible to get full time work" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Uniquely Positioned Company Dedicated to its Mission"

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time

Pros

To reiterate previous employee reviews, Centria IS a rare breed. It's extremely uncommon to find the majority of a company’s employees willingly go above and beyond the parameters of their job description to ensure the overall success and fulfillment of the mission. The demand and need for services is overwhelming so the company is expanding rapidly. With that, they strongly promote honest and open communication. They welcome and seek out criticism, feedback and idea’s from every department level – and they actually listen. If you don’t like something, you can feel comfortable voicing your opposition with an alternative solution. The company wants you to be successful, and will support and assist you in doing so. Your efforts do not go unrecognized. There is a lot of opportunity and room for exponential growth, and you truly do have the power to be a part of it.

It’s extraordinarily rewarding both professionally and personally when you can see, first hand, how your efforts have made an invaluable impact on the lives of children in need. Centria truly created something very special, and I’m so happy to be a part of it.

Cons

Centria simply may not be for everyone. The company is growing extremely fast so you need to be adaptable and patient. You NEED to be a team player. There are so many moving parts that have to come together to make a successful case, so you need to do your part.

As with any growing company, there are unforeseen roadblocks and frustrations. You may have to work harder than initially expected. You may end up putting in longer hours than what you signed up for. You might be faced with major setbacks that are outside of Centria’s control, and you have to overcome them. But knowing there is true, positive meaning behind your efforts makes it all worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to new idea's. Continue to listen to encourage your employees. Understand that there are issue's beyond Centria's control and continue to support your employee's in overcoming those issues. I don't foresee this ever being an issue but never lose sight of the mission.

Nov 5, 2018 – Director of Marketing

Thank you very much for the glowing review! We pride ourselves on living our mission every day and doing whatever we can to help as many children with autism as we possibly can. And thank you for... More

"A lot of opportunity to make a lot of money"

Former Employee - Operations in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Operations in Novi, MI

I worked at Centria Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to hit your KPIs and make a ton of money. Hours are ok, 830-5ish, and a really good team environment. Heard the new office is really nice

Cons

Advancement opportunities aren’t always the best, but have heard they’re growing so fast that might be the case for everybody

Feb 11, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are a rapidly growing company with endless opportunities for advancement, and are always looking to add highly engaged and motivated individuals to... More

"Dynamic"

Pros

Growth opportunities
    Passionate employees
    Mission-driven culture
    Autonomy to make decisions

Cons

Not a con necessarily but must be comfortable with fast-paced, exciting environment and comfortable with embracing change as we grow!

Advice to Management

Keep empowering employees to drive the mission forward!

Feb 11, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback and your review. Our mission, vision and values are what drive our business forward, and we are proud to have employees like you who are passionate to live out that... More

"I make a real difference with kids"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician

I have been working at Centria Healthcare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making a positive change in the lives of children with autism. Flexibility to work when I want, in between classes. Company provides you an iPad which makes tracking shifts and hours easy.

Cons

I can see people who want 40+ hrs a week having trouble getting it

Feb 11, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review and your feedback. We are happy to hear that our mission of helping every child living with autism to develop, pursue, and achieve their own goals and dreams resonates with... More

"Great company, Honest Mission, Lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Clinical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mission statement isn't just a front. It means something to everyone and is taken seriously. Leadership is pretty solid. Lots of employee engagement events. Also, Centria prioritizes giving back to the community.

Cons

I haven't had anything to complain about. I've heard that the maternity benefits aren't great, but that's all!

Advice to Management

Keep being you. :)

Feb 4, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review and your feedback. We agree that our mission is what drives us, and providing the highest quality care so children with autism can reach their full potential is in our veins... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at Centria Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with Centria in Oregon. They are super accommodating and supportive every step of the way. I could see myself being with them for a long time.

Cons

My only critique is that they have a lot of people trying to get you cases and they don’t all communicate with one another so it can be a bit overwhelming.

Jan 28, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the great review and constructive feedback. We strive to live our mission every day and provide a working environment that is open and transparent. Communication is key to a... More

"A company genuinely interested in helping children with Autism"

Current Employee - Marketing in Farmington, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Farmington, MI

I have been working at Centria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first time in my career that I've been able to do what I love (marketing) for a mission-based company, and it is very rewarding. The new HQ in Farmington, MI is amazing and I get to work with a lot of passionate people who are committed to making a difference for the children and families that we serve.

Cons

Not necessarily a "con," but I've found that people who are not motivated by the mission to help children are generally not as successful in their roles.

Jan 28, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the great review and constructive feedback. We strive to live our mission every single day to help as many children living with autism to develop, pursue, and achieve their own goals... More

"I love my job and those I serve!"

Current Employee - RBT In Training in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - RBT In Training in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Centria Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quality training, and working with patients, families, caregivers and supervisors. Company has high standards to build personal development and competency skills.

Cons

Not much I can think of, other than getting the hours that are considered full-time to receive benefits.

Jan 28, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the great review and the constructive feedback. We appreciate the work you're doing to help children with autism reach their full potential and bring our mission to life!

"Lots of training"

I have been working at Centria Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of training
    You get paid to mostly play
    Set your own schedule

Cons

Paid training is not the same rate as your pay
    Paystub missing hours and not easy to follow
    Administrative support hard to reach

Feb 4, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review and your feedback. We put a very strong emphasis on the training we provide to our teams in order to have the most informed workforce, which allows us to provide high-quality... More

"BCBA"

I worked at Centria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Excellent team, I worked with people that actually cared about helping children that are in need and not worry about getting a check. This company helped many individuals and I pray they continue to do the right thing.

Cons

Stop hiring people that only care about collecting checks and not willing to work

Jan 9, 2019 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review and the feedback. We strive every day to live our mission of helping children living with autism to develop, pursue and achieve their own goals and dreams through... More