Centric Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Administrative Coordinator in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative Coordinator in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only worked for Centric for a short time, but I'm honored to be a part of the team. It's a true family culture, with tons of fun events and perks. The management staff is friendly and helpful. They make your feel appreciated and reward you for hard work.

Cons

Centric is growing rapidly and hiring many new members, keeping track of new members and job duties can be difficult, but that's a good problem to have if you ask me.

2. "Bad For Business"

Former Employee - Rebuild Technician in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Rebuild Technician in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Centric Business Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

No “pros”, time spent here is time wasted. I would not suggest looking into this company under any circumstance. Truly bad for business.

Cons

Superiors do not speak truthfully. Goals and expectations are not at all clear. Management will waste your time and efforts.

Advice to Management

Management is not serious about their duties. High level of unprofessionalism. Corporate branch or not, it does not make a difference.

3. "Sales"

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time

Pros

People are very friendly and kind.

Cons

none strikes me at the moment.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership and Training. Hands down one of the best initial training programs I've gone through. You will learn about the technology, AND how to sell.
    I also appreciate how quickly my manager was began to groom me for management by allowing me to shadow other rep's one-on-ones'. If you want to work in a place where the managers lead by example, and are able to give you quality feedback, then this is the place for you. They certainly walk their talk.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I appreciate how Centric is continually looking to improve their operations. Since I've been with Centric, they have proactively set up key groups to establish ways the company can continue to change to promote growth. With this comes growing pains and change management, but nothing unbearable.

"Sales"

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time

Pros

Centric is an incredible place to work. The culture, driven from the top down, creates an environment of high expectations, success, growth, teamwork, and fun. People are truly passionate about the work they do and rewarded for doing it well. Unlike many organizations today that seem to focus only on the bottom line, Centric shows a steadfast commitment to the customers and the employees.

Cons

You will be surrounded by people who challenge you to be great. If your goals are to be average, you won't fit in. You will go home tired.

Advice to Management

I love that the Centric management team has an intense desire to continue to improve the business. They solicit feedback from employees on where to focus their efforts and more importantly back up the talk with execution.

"Account Executive"

Pros

five word minimum is was too much.

Cons

I was not paid 1 million dollars.

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training was great, I had no former experience and after the training felt comfortable to hit the street and meet my goals. I enjoy the benefits and growth opportunities (got promoted after a couple of months).

Cons

Had to establish a lot of new clients at first until I had my accounts established, now I can focus more on Account Management

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very open friendly environment. Relaxed yet still clear structure. It appeared to be a teamwork environment and exciting perks for employees.

Cons

They say they invest in their employees, however without any direction or feedback or even just a conversation I was let go, "because no one liked you" the commission structure is misleading and basically control salary by limiting territory, misleading structure for advancement. 50% turn over rate in sales and I can see why. They have knee jerk reactions to unfounded opinions. Meaning, an opinion is not a fact. Letting someone go based on an opinion isn't really fair, and even more destructive when not giving a good employee and proven sales rep at least the courtesy of seeing if the behavior they didn't like could change. Instead of immediate termination based on an opinion. "Asking too many questions" is supposed to happen while you are learning. I asked for daily feedback from the instructor and peers and no one had the confidence to say anything at least not to me. My guess is my trainer and a trainer in new hire class decided I wasn't a good fit. There is a lot more to people than what you can judge only in 8 days. Especially when my only intention and goals were to help and inspire the people around me.

Advice to Management

If there is an issue that is not about employee's work ethic or anything illegal done, talk to that employee. See if there is a reason behind some of the behaviors and give the employee the chance to improve. To me this means you don't invest employees and this is why there is a high turnover rate. Saying "no one likes your personality" does not translate into not being a good employee or even a successful one. I wasn't there to be popular. I was there to sell. The instructor should have pulled me aside and said I was distracting the other trainees. I wasn't given a chance to improve. I have a proven track record of success and people "don't like" others for tins of reasons, it still doesn't mean they couldn't be successful in their job. The company is clique-ish, misleading in commission structure, and at least in sales makes knee jerk reactive decisions. They lost a very good salesperson. As far as the training structure goes ride along with techs and guest speakers weren't really happy to be teaching this extra price of work to their Normal day. Tech said they should of told him I was going to be with him because he wasn't prepared for ride along, guest managers 1 kept saying wideformat doesn't apply to you so you don't need to write this down. He finished his lecture early and said ask me any question and I asked about territory and commission structure and he said you won't make $60kbthe first year but the second year will be awesome. He got tongue tied speaking about territories, then shut the conversation down. Productions all the lady was nice and informative didn't really want to be there. I would recommend training tracks for the sub-departments. Everyone can do the common track they go with a mentor to learn the correct language for their specialty. For each guest lecturer they repeated the exact same training course. It was very redundant.

9. "Great company!"

Pros

Company values their employees and takes the time to mentor sales reps.

Cons

Like any outside B2B sales the role can be challenging so it's very important to absorb everything during the 4 week training.

"Really a part-time contractor job"

Former Employee - Records Management in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Records Management in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You receive a paycheck every two weeks
    J&J/McNeil in Fort Washington is a nice facility/physical plant
    Some of the people are nice
    People in the clique can and do give themselves LOTS of flexibility in hours, lunches and working from home

Cons

Corrigan Manning Capital Co. has rebranded itself as DocuXcel so as to continue engaging in PREDATORY HIRING PRACTICES under the guise of their 90 day probationary period.

Here’s the deal…Big Parent Company outsources their records management function to CMC/DocuXcel to reduce costs. DocuXcel hires You to complete a large task important to Big Parent Company, with the promise of full-time employment and benefits after your 3 month probationary period.

During your probationary period you are told to Shine Like A Star and prove yourself worthy, and stupid you does that despite the fact that during all this time you receive NO paid vacation (including National Holidays), and NO benefits whatsoever besides an hourly-wage paycheck. If you take an (unpaid) sick day you will be given a written ‘warning’, and a lecture by HR that any further transgression could cause you to be fired.

So go ahead, bust yourself trying to ‘Prove It’, and manage to complete the huge project assigned to you, because you Believe. And parent company is in fact a nice and reputable place to work. Just know that CMC/DocuXcel is not a nice or reputable place to work - and right before your 90 days are up they will contrive some lame excuse to fire you before they have to give you the benefits they promised and you deserve.

Bottom line- whatever HR tells you- consider taking this as a temp job with no benefits. And-BTW- the millennial (read-know-no-better) CMC/DocuXcel employees will make you feel like you are back in high school being dissed and bullied by the mean girl clique.

Avoid CMC/DocuXcel at all costs. Life’s too short ;}

Advice to Management

Who am I to advise you; you know exactly what you are doing and why. And it stinks.