Centric Business Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

3.2
Centric Business Systems President Rick Bastinelli
Rick Bastinelli
Pros
  • "The team is filled with great people(in 5 reviews)

• "An absolutely awesome group of coworkers and a great leadership team has created a winning environment(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cold calling, long hours after work, database entry is mentally draining, emotional toll of losing deals you thought you were going to win(in 6 reviews)

• "This office in Malvern has lost 25 employees in the last year consisting of sales reps, managers and the office recruiter(in 5 reviews)

1. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Incredible culture, high expectations, work hard play hard mentality!

Cons

High performers have a hard time taking their foot off the gas so work life balance Has to be made a priority by each individual and is encouraged by management.

2. "You're replaceable at any second"

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

small giveaways, free food from time to time

Cons

buyin or be let go. CFO is heartless. If its not her idea, she'll shun you and find a way to get rid of you. They don't value any employees except sales people. You will never get a true raise. Most upper management are in a relationship with other upper management.

"Great"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to learn the world of sales

Cons

Can take a bit to get things rolling.

"Stay Away - Demeaning Work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Set goals and structure for upward mobility

Cons

Demeaning work, frequent cold calls and phone blitzes. Outdated system

5. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

High gross commission potential available

Cons

Long hours, dealing with rejection

"The truth about the Malvern, Pennslyvania Office of Centric Business Systems"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Malvern, PA

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

NO PROS AT ALL. The Malvern, PA Office is a complete dumpster fire. 25 employees have left in less than 12 months. The management was like a Do It Yourself home project. You need to teach yourself and see what happens. Basically, the only option was to learn from your mistakes because there was no guidance or management support.

Cons

Honestly, I will start off by saying that I wish there was a option to give a negative rating for stars. If there was I would give the Malvern Office of Centric Business Systems a NEGATIVE 5 stars. I worked for this office for less than a year and feel entitled to share some things that others should be aware of and watch out for. The Malvern Office is dysfunctional and has completely unprofessional management. There was no 1 on 1 weekly meetings and there was no on going training but they will tell you they will train you . In fact on most Wednesday nights instead one of the managers would take us to the bar and feed us alcoholic drinkings for 3 hours. This office in Malvern has lost 25 employees in the last year consisting of sales reps, managers and the office recruiter. You may ask why is the turnover so high? Well, the answer is simple lack of management /support to allow for career advancement and success. To be successful in sales, you need resources and it doesn't help when your manager is late to meeting that he accept outlook invite for or cancels on the appointments 5 minutes before he is supposed to meet you there. However, it seemed that management and everyone had no problems being on time or even early to a happy hour. The Malvern office has a toxic work environment. It needs to look in the miracle and realize that when 25 employees leave in less than a year it isn't because of the employees were not a good fit. It is because the employees had enough of the toxic work environment and lack of management. Therefore, Centric was not a good fit for the employees.

Centric Business Systems Response

December 10, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I assure you that the experience you described is unique and absolutely does not align with the Centric culture that we value so deeply and is disappointing to hear. As an organization, we are committed to providing an environment where all employees feel they are valued, treated with respect and supported in a way that will help them be successful. The Malvern office is one of our newer offices and has experienced some unusual turnover this year. As a result, we have been working to build a strong leadership team to be able to support the Malvern staff more effectively. To that end, over the past couple of months we have added some outstanding leadership, including transferring a Regional Sales Manager from another office with a proven track record as well as a new VP of Sales with 20+ years of experience leading teams within our industry. We appreciate your feedback and we expect that our Malvern office will begin to grow and be as successful as our other offices.

7. "An absolutely amazing place to work."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Centric is irreplaceable. The management is super helpful and genuinely cares about your success in both your personal and professional life. Everyone in the office gets along and has a great time. It's a work hard play hard environment and everyone works together to get through the work and make the hard days worthwhile. I firmly believe Centric is the best company in the industry and if you're looking for a super fun, motivating place where you can make 50k on one commission check, you've found the right place. You just have to be ready to put in the work for it.

Cons

Cold calling, long hours after work, database entry is mentally draining, emotional toll of losing deals you thought you were going to win.

Continue reading

"Was Not A Good Experience."

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training program, that is about it.

Cons

I felt upper management was very favoritism. Long hours of getting no where and not reaching any goals. Management was very biased and micro managed. I did not look forward to coming into work and I was a hard worker who wanted to make the company and myself money. I do not recommend.

9. "Temporary"

Former Employee - Account

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team is filled with great people

Cons

There are a few unchecked practices in leadership that work adversely to growth and transparency. The behaviors chases good ppl away. I have a career that spans 20 yrs and have been awarded for my commumication and outreach but at Centric i was meetings to constantly discuss the tones of my emails. You will be told whem something is wrong but no plans for training or development were presented. I was there for more than a year. Not a place to to grow. My skills were unused.

Continue reading

"Not the worse place to work but certainly not the best either"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonus programs, mileage reimbursement, opportunity to win luxurious vacations and tickets to events for outstanding work performance, provide training and all tools needed for the job

Cons

They worry more about how the numbers look over yall actual performance, and they tend to come down on you really hard anytime you mess up, no matter how good you have been performing or how long it has been since your last mistake.

Found 63 reviews