Centric Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Centric Business Systems President Rick Bastinelli
Rick Bastinelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "great people for management and happy" (in 5 reviews)

• "Great opportunity to grow professionally and financially" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "I takes a lot of hard work to get started" (in 3 reviews)

• "There are no cons that I can think of" (in 3 reviews)

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow professionally and financially. Support network is strong and the Sr leadership team has put the company in position to continue its rapid growth. The culture in this company is awesome. There are a lot of really great employees working towards the common goal of delighting our customers and you can feel the positive energy every time you walk into a Centric business office.

Cons

None really. Know that this is a high expectation sales leadership roll. Sr management expects to hire the best talent and in return, expects high productivity from the field. As long as you can exist in this type of environment then the cons are just white noise.

Advice to Management

Continue your process of listening to the field and making improvements as you continue to grow.

2. "Managers main concern seems to be self promotion at any cost."

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over all the company seems to be customer focused.

Cons

All emphasis and rewards are for the sales department and managers. Do not expect fair unbiased treatment.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage people

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome opportunity to grow in a sales career, both with skill set as well as professional development. Possibly the biggest asset is that you are supported along every step of the way, from training all the way though the day to day operations through management as well as team specialists. Definitely a place worth building your career

Cons

Good money takes hard work! Be ready to bring the energy and positive attitude that is required for hunter type outside sales.

"Technician"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experience with maintaining electrical equipment. Great people to work with.

Cons

Micromanagement. Horrible leadership. It's a mom and pop shop moving to a focus on numbers corporation. They make technicians do alot of xtra work outside the job description. New hire management is clueless on centric culture. Micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanagement. Trust technicians. Take on some of the work load.

"Technical Representative"

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time

Pros

Networking/Meeting people
    CEO a humble person

Cons

Overworked.
    Only about the profits and not about the employees
    Only certain Job classifications are treated well.
    New management hired to enforce micromanagement and brute force
    Management can be very vindictive when you resign, as if you are working for the mafia
    Your employees are professional and not middle school kids that needs to be micromanaged

Advice to Management

Treat the employees who bend over backwards and goes the extra mile with more respect and compensate them base on their performance

6. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Malvern, PA

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic opportunity, uncapped commission, great starting salary, amazing training program

Cons

Very competitive market place (but where isn't! Work hard and you'll succeed)

Advice to Management

More time with new reps in the field

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tysons, VA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tysons, VA

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top notch, high quality professionals that are highly motivated to be the best!! If you believe you're a Champion and have aspirations to make a great living and work with incredible people, this is the place for you!!

Cons

No cons. If your expectations of your self are not sky high, don't bother signing up. This company is the best and expects you to be great too!!

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Major Account Manager in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Major Account Manager in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

An absolutely awesome group of coworkers and a great leadership team has created a winning environment! We are the biggest and best at what we do!

Cons

None. Sky is the limit.

"Amazing Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Tysons, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Tysons, VA

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is amazing. Sales can be tough and pretty cutthroat, but it makes a real difference when you work in an environment where everybody supports you no matter what. Senior Management does an amazing job making everybody in every position feel important. They are very approachable and are always open to new ideas or concerns you may have. The managers here are also wonderful! They really create a strong team atmosphere where you're bound succeed as long as you come ready to work hard. Personally, my experience at Centric has been unbelievable so far - from the recruiting/interview process, to training, to learning hands on out in the field. Centric invests a lot of time, money, and resources into their new additions and it makes transitioning into full-time work extremely easy and enjoyable! The salary/compensation is exactly as promised and Centric really promotes a strong work-life balance. I would highly recommend working at Centric!!!!!

Cons

The training could be a little more tailored to each new hire's particular position. I loved going through sales training but I wish I had a little more interaction with the support role during my training period.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and opening your ears to all ideas so we can continue to grow Centric and make it an even better place to work!

"Bad For Business"

Former Employee - Rebuild Technician in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Rebuild Technician in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Centric Business Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

No “pros”, time spent here is time wasted. I would not suggest looking into this company under any circumstance. Truly bad for business.

Cons

Superiors do not speak truthfully. Goals and expectations are not at all clear. Management will waste your time and efforts.

Advice to Management

Management is not serious about their duties. High level of unprofessionalism. Corporate branch or not, it does not make a difference.

Centric Business Systems Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

We are a bit confused by this post as we have not had a rebuild tech work for less than 1 year and leave Centric. They either have been promoted or are currently in the role. However, I'm sorry if... More