Centric Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Centric Consulting CEO Dave Rosevelt
Dave Rosevelt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A couple of the company's core values are Work/Life Balance, and Diversity (in 39 reviews)

• It's truly liberating to be part of a team that is committed to providing an unmatched experience for clients and employees on a daily basis (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication between business units isn't always as strong as it could be (in 13 reviews)

• Compensation is below industry averages, but the work life balance and culture make up for it to a degree (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Keep Your Entrepreneurial Spirit Alive"

Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here’s what I love most about working at Centric: I can be creative and try new things. It's quite refreshing to work at a company where leaders actually encourage you to brainstorm and implement new ideas.

As if that's not good enough, I get to work with people across the country who have diverse, unique personal and professional experiences. For someone who loves to learn, nothing beats learning from your colleagues.

As a bonus: I get to do what I love! I also get to set my own schedule and processes to get things done. What's not to love about that?

Cons

This is a great place to work for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit. People who can get up in the morning and set their own timeline. People who don't need to be told what to do because they know what to do. Self-starters succeed here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in promoting a healthy work-life balance, listening to our viewpoints, and encouraging us to offer fresh perspectives!

Oct 12, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Centric. As someone with exposure and the opportunity to work with all of our Business Units across the country you have a unique vantage point into Centric... More

"The Grass Isn't Necessarily Greener on the Other Side"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee-focused, Collaborative, and Culturally Solid

Cons

Typical challenges as other consulting firms: Flat hierarchy - seemingly not much upward mobility, susceptible to the ebb and flow of client needs and budgets, and the perception of disconnectedness.

"Not Like Other Consulting Companies"

Current Employee - Senior Mobile Developer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Mobile Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Most employees work from home
    - Self-Manage PTO - no limit per se
    - Everyone I have met in this company is top of their game, highly motivated, and really nice people
    - Very competitive salaries and great benefits
    - Two annual company get-togethers, usually in Ohio
    - Annual company party, this year a weekend in San Francisco all-paid. Two years ago it was Puerto Vallarta
    - Flat structure, no company hierarchy
    - A couple of the company's core values are Work/Life Balance, and Diversity

Cons

For candidates, getting into the company can be pretty tough. Expect to have 3-5 interviews.
    Don't assume that an inside referral will benefit you.

"Great place to work."

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

They respect and value their employees.

Cons

They are not the most competitive firm regarding salary.

Jan 31, 2018 – President

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard throughout Centric to value our employees and I am glad you truly feel that.

You mention that our base salary is not as competitive compared to others... More

"Respect, Support and Teamwork"

Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Centric and the Chicago BU in particular is unlike anything I've seen in my career. From the founders to the newest contractor, I see everyone treated with respect and appreciation. Consulting is hard work, and there are frustrations and long hours, but that always feels to me like it's outside the team. Inside, we support and celebrate each other, and that makes a big difference in quality of life - when work (or life) is hard, I know my management and colleagues have my back. Everyone has the same goals: do our best for our clients, learn, have fun, build something we can be proud of, take care of our families and communities.

Cons

In a flat organization of mostly experienced consultants, there's less proactive training and guidance than other companies, which can be jarring if this isn't your background. You'll get all the help you need if you ask - but you have to ask, and you have to know that you're not bothering anyone by asking. For the same reasons, a lot of the knowledge is unconscious - leaders "just know" how to be consultants, and might have trouble translating their intuition to instruction. Because so much of our recruiting is through personal networks, we have work to do on diversity, but I believe our leadership wants to do that work.

Advice to Management

Stick with the transparency, the teamwork, and the long game. The communication at this summer's meeting about our challenges and opportunities gave me even greater confidence in our company and leadership. As we grow, remember that even the most experienced employees may not have a consulting background - consider offering "Consulting 201" for those people. Above all, keep a laser focus on keeping our positive, respectful culture as we grow - too many companies change when they hit our size.

Feb 12, 2018 – VP Technology

What a great post. Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts into writing. The Chicago BU really does a great job of exemplifying the Centric culture by providing unmatched experiences for... More

"Good Old Boy's Club"

I worked at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a white male who worked at Accenture you are valued by the founders and partners.

Cons

If you have worked for another firm other that Accenture or of color or female - your ability to be heard or be part of the good Old Boy Network is very slim.

Advice to Management

Call it like it is - you guys only value previous co-workers from Accenture

Jan 29, 2018 – President

I greatly appreciate your feedback. Diversity is a key imperative for our organization, and I want you to know that your post has driven me to revisit the solid accomplishments we have made in the... More

7. "Senior Manager"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centric has great respect for every individual in the organization . They truly value people and they sincerely encourage people to pursue their passions.

They also truly value their clients. I've never been part of an organization that is so sincere, honest, competent and forthright.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You're doing an awesome job!

Jan 3, 2018 – Director Operations

Thank you for this positive feedback. As you know, we set out with a core purpose to create unmatched experiences for our clients and our people every day. Your feedback indicates we are working hard... More

8. "Sr. manager"

I worked at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

Great leadership that care about their people.

Cons

Salaries could be slightly higher.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Great model with good talent.

Nov 10, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing some feedback. It's nice to know that even as a former employee you have positive comments to share. Hopefully, we will cross paths in the future either working with you as a... More

9. "Centric Consulting ROCKS"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Fantastic people. Management cares about work/life balance.

Cons

Slight divide between Full Time Employees and Contract Employees. Both do the same amount of work but benefits are completely different.

Advice to Management

No advice, really. Keep up the great work!

Oct 12, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. There is a LOT of activity in our Seattle office these days so it's great to know you are still feeling a strong sense of culture and that the team is still... More

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. Focused on delivering the right solutions for clients. Willing to turn away opportunities where they don't make sense for our people or for the client. Flat organizational structure and open to ideas.

Cons

Flat culture is good, but may be too loose for some. You need to be self directed and willing to contribute in the delivery to the client, while contributing to the overall organization culture and growth. This generally requires 45-50 hours a week. This is usually worth it -- lots of great people and fun, in addition to hard work.

Advice to Management

More structure would be beneficial. Would like to see more established career paths.

Oct 11, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your thoughts. I would have to agree with your "Pros" and your "Cons". I came from a highly structured background before joining Centric and my... More