Centric Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Centric Consulting CEO Dave Rosevelt
Dave Rosevelt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A couple of the company's core values are Work/Life Balance, and Diversity (in 39 reviews)

• It's truly liberating to be part of a team that is committed to providing an unmatched experience for clients and employees on a daily basis (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication between business units isn't always as strong as it could be (in 13 reviews)

• Compensation is below industry averages, but the work life balance and culture make up for it to a degree (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Keep Your Entrepreneurial Spirit Alive"

Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here’s what I love most about working at Centric: I can be creative and try new things. It's quite refreshing to work at a company where leaders actually encourage you to brainstorm and implement new ideas.

As if that's not good enough, I get to work with people across the country who have diverse, unique personal and professional experiences. For someone who loves to learn, nothing beats learning from your colleagues.

As a bonus: I get to do what I love! I also get to set my own schedule and processes to get things done. What's not to love about that?

Cons

This is a great place to work for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit. People who can get up in the morning and set their own timeline. People who don't need to be told what to do because they know what to do. Self-starters succeed here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in promoting a healthy work-life balance, listening to our viewpoints, and encouraging us to offer fresh perspectives!

Oct 12, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Centric. As someone with exposure and the opportunity to work with all of our Business Units across the country you have a unique vantage point into Centric... More

2. "Centric is hands down the best company I've worked for!"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Centric is a place that truly believes that "goodness" should come from every interaction you have with us from an employee, client, partner and community perspective. This belief comes directly from our core purpose of creating "Unmatched Experiences" and is permeated throughout the entire organization from our CEO and President, down to even the newest of hires. We are a very family friendly culture that cares about each other, about helping each other and our clients grow professionally, and most importantly engaging to do good in our local geographies.

As an employee that has been with the organization for over 10 years, I feel and have personally witnessed that every single employee has a voice and is legitimately listened to. We strive to be a transparent, candid and above all else honest organization where everyone is free to express themselves, share ideas and work collaboratively to create the best possible solutions for our clients.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

We are and have always been a conservative organization. We do not grow just to grow and will never sacrifice culture for profits. As a conservative culture, historically we have been slow to invest in our own internal infrastructure and deeper capabilities needed to ensure sustainability toward our 100 year goal. Given the increasing competitive landscape both from direct competitors as well as competition for top talent, we need to take a more aggressive stance on investing for our future (leadership, technology, standards, innovation, etc) in order to best meet the needs of our clients as well as attract and retain the best people.

3. "Not the place for someone that is older"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Focus on working close to your home and very flexible PTO policy.

Cons

There is no opportunity for growth unless you are a drinking buddy of a partner. This firm does not handle issues around harassment and you have zero opportunities to report something in a confidential manner. I have seen instances where partners have made highly racial comments, they were reported, and the one that reported it was reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Post internal openings so people can look for opportunities. Have a confidential reporting line available. Take a hard look at age discrimination within your organization.

"Not Like Other Consulting Companies"

Current Employee - Senior Mobile Developer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Mobile Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Most employees work from home
    - Self-Manage PTO - no limit per se
    - Everyone I have met in this company is top of their game, highly motivated, and really nice people
    - Very competitive salaries and great benefits
    - Two annual company get-togethers, usually in Ohio
    - Annual company party, this year a weekend in San Francisco all-paid. Two years ago it was Puerto Vallarta
    - Flat structure, no company hierarchy
    - A couple of the company's core values are Work/Life Balance, and Diversity

Cons

For candidates, getting into the company can be pretty tough. Expect to have 3-5 interviews.
    Don't assume that an inside referral will benefit you.

"The Grass Isn't Necessarily Greener on the Other Side"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee-focused, Collaborative, and Culturally Solid

Cons

Typical challenges as other consulting firms: Flat hierarchy - seemingly not much upward mobility, susceptible to the ebb and flow of client needs and budgets, and the perception of disconnectedness.

"Great place to work."

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

They respect and value their employees.

Cons

They are not the most competitive firm regarding salary.

Jan 31, 2018 – President

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard throughout Centric to value our employees and I am glad you truly feel that.

You mention that our base salary is not as competitive compared to others... More

"Respect, Support and Teamwork"

Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Centric and the Chicago BU in particular is unlike anything I've seen in my career. From the founders to the newest contractor, I see everyone treated with respect and appreciation. Consulting is hard work, and there are frustrations and long hours, but that always feels to me like it's outside the team. Inside, we support and celebrate each other, and that makes a big difference in quality of life - when work (or life) is hard, I know my management and colleagues have my back. Everyone has the same goals: do our best for our clients, learn, have fun, build something we can be proud of, take care of our families and communities.

Cons

In a flat organization of mostly experienced consultants, there's less proactive training and guidance than other companies, which can be jarring if this isn't your background. You'll get all the help you need if you ask - but you have to ask, and you have to know that you're not bothering anyone by asking. For the same reasons, a lot of the knowledge is unconscious - leaders "just know" how to be consultants, and might have trouble translating their intuition to instruction. Because so much of our recruiting is through personal networks, we have work to do on diversity, but I believe our leadership wants to do that work.

Advice to Management

Stick with the transparency, the teamwork, and the long game. The communication at this summer's meeting about our challenges and opportunities gave me even greater confidence in our company and leadership. As we grow, remember that even the most experienced employees may not have a consulting background - consider offering "Consulting 201" for those people. Above all, keep a laser focus on keeping our positive, respectful culture as we grow - too many companies change when they hit our size.

Feb 12, 2018 – VP Technology

What a great post. Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts into writing. The Chicago BU really does a great job of exemplifying the Centric culture by providing unmatched experiences for... More

"Good Old Boy's Club"

I worked at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a white male who worked at Accenture you are valued by the founders and partners.

Cons

If you have worked for another firm other that Accenture or of color or female - your ability to be heard or be part of the good Old Boy Network is very slim.

Advice to Management

Call it like it is - you guys only value previous co-workers from Accenture

Jan 29, 2018 – President

I greatly appreciate your feedback. Diversity is a key imperative for our organization, and I want you to know that your post has driven me to revisit the solid accomplishments we have made in the... More

9. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centric has great respect for every individual in the organization . They truly value people and they sincerely encourage people to pursue their passions.

They also truly value their clients. I've never been part of an organization that is so sincere, honest, competent and forthright.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You're doing an awesome job!

Jan 3, 2018 – Director Operations

Thank you for this positive feedback. As you know, we set out with a core purpose to create unmatched experiences for our clients and our people every day. Your feedback indicates we are working hard... More

10. "Sr. manager"

I worked at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

Great leadership that care about their people.

Cons

Salaries could be slightly higher.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Great model with good talent.

Nov 10, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing some feedback. It's nice to know that even as a former employee you have positive comments to share. Hopefully, we will cross paths in the future either working with you as a... More