Centric Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Centric Consulting CEO Dave Rosevelt
Dave Rosevelt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A couple of the company's core values are Work/Life Balance, and Diversity" (in 40 reviews)

• "We truly work to delivery unmatched experiences for both clients and employees" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company's local-based model is being stretched right now as some business units break into much larger clients" (in 15 reviews)

• "There are growing pains associated with rapid growth (company has doubled more than twice in the last 10 years)" (in 7 reviews)

"The Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Software in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

The company was started by three friends who, after discussing what's wrong with most consulting companies, decided to start their own. The strength of the company is its corporate culture and core values, all of which center on providing unmatched experiences for their clients and unmatched experiences for their employees. My coworkers all seem to share the same vision of what our company stands for, and what it's trying to accomplish.

I have found an extremely supportive environment, where we're placed on teams where I get to do a lot of things I'm really good at and really passionate about, while I mostly let others take of the things I'm not good at. This is not simply one experience of being on a well-run team; its the result of a company culture that focuses on building great individual and team experiences.

Since our consulting teams are separated by job sites, and some work from home, we have some pretty memorable meetings/team building events. I've also been encouraged to dive more into the topics I'm passionate about, and give presentations to share my experiences with others.

Cons

My BU vows not to place workers simply to put "butts in seats", which is a great thing. But one side effect is that, in between assignments when consultants are on "the bench," we can get restless and wonder if we've been forgotten. (Note that the paychecks still keep coming.) The communication during that downtime isn't bad, but it could be better.

Advice to Management

As we grow, don't lose the essentials of our company culture. It's what makes us stand above the rest.

Having fewer policies would be more in line with our culture.

2. "Great people, great long term vision"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company strives to live its core values. There is a genuine desire to see people succeed and ensure the company is successful for years to come.

Cons

Still going through growing pains. Things don't always work out the way you'd like them to.

Advice to Management

Stick to the core values and live up to them.

Jun 25, 2018 – President

Thank you for the post. We haven't changed our core values in 17 years and continue to work to ensure that we are truly living them on a daily basis. We want to be completely honest with ourselves... More

3. "Getting better with age"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules, friendly teammates, great communication

Cons

No cons I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Jul 19, 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback! Please always feel free to reach out with improvement ideas so we can keep things moving forward in the right way.

- Kevin

"Great Company, great benefits"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Annual Company Holiday Trip, sense of corporate belonging, each local business unit had it's own culture/personality.

Cons

For a company of it's age and size, it was disappointing that more standards and processes were not in place. Local business unit was not well managed at time of employment

Advice to Management

Standardize business practices (within reason) across all BUs.

Jul 19, 2018

Thank you very much for your time at Centric. I like that you pointed out the desire to have a One Centric feel combined with some uniqueness in each BU.

On this point and your advice one, we... More

5. "Great place to work - very fulfilling"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many opportunities and opportunities to grow within your career. I love the work/life balance.

Cons

Nothing really sticks out as a big red flag or cons

"Employee Review"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Centric does good challenging work at competitive rates. Employees have a lot of autonomy to work directly with clients using their skills and experience.

Cons

Promotions and raises are slow. You're not going to get wealthy working here.

Jun 25, 2018 – President

Thank you for posting. We want to continue to grow our capability to be thought leaders for our clients and be asked by them to solve their toughest challenges.
    We've tried to design a business... More

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centric hires dynamic, interesting people and takes their corporate culture seriously. They mean it when they say they want their employees to have unmatched experiences.

They also mean it when they ask employees to give our customers an unmatched experience. We are encouraged and rewarded for going above and beyond in a human way.

The people make this company!

Cons

The company's local-based model is being stretched right now as some business units break into much larger clients. The need for travel has increased and the company is working through what this means for employees.

As a consultant, you need to align to the client's culture. Where small teams are staffed, this can result in feeling isolated from Centric's culture.

Jun 25, 2018 – President

Thanks for the great review. We truly want to live our core purpose of providing unmatched client and employee experiences. I'm so glad you feel this.
    We continue to enhance our business model as... More

8. "Senior Manager"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the fact that our focus is on creating unmatched client and employee experiences. This permeates our culture and is such an exciting thing to think about everyday...I'm not just going to work, I get to try and help people have an unmatched day!

Cons

Like any organization in this world, there will be challenges. Centric is transparent about these and works collaboratively at all levels to make things right (and ultimately unmatched!).

Advice to Management

Keep emphasizing our flat, collaborative structure. I've always felt comfortable calling anyone in the company and talking with them. This is awesome!

9. "A really great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Southaven, MS
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in Southaven, MS

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centric hits the sweet spot in the size of the organization: No too big and not too small, they have wonderful benefits and everyone is very easy to work with.

Cons

A bit clique-ish at times, especially when we all get together for Spring/Summer meetings.

Advice to Management

Stick to your goals and keep providing a wonderful place to work!

Jul 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! It is great that you are enjoying the Centric experience.

As you have seen, our Spring and Summer all company meetings are so important to maintaining our Centric... More

10. "Well managed company with many opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I look forward to coming to work every day. The people are amazing to work with, as well as the work is gratifying. Great culture!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. A number of concerns have been addressed in the past 9 months and action is in place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You all rock!