KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 198 of over 352 reviews

4.4
Centric Consulting CEO Dave Rosevelt
Dave Rosevelt
Pros
  • "They actually encourage a work life balance; 3(in 63 reviews)

• "Actual Work from home flexibility(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Centric India is currently being operated as a back-end office for US-based business units(in 13 reviews)

• "Sometimes difficult to maintain the best work/life balance to meet the needs of current and prospective customers(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Apr 5, 2021 - Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work-life balance and leadership lives their values

Cons

None for me at this time

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

20+ years strong and still the place to be

Apr 14, 2021 - Director in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

people, culture, trust, unmatched experiences, partnership with clients

Cons

nothing comes to mind - very happy

CEO

20 years ago, I suspect that none of us would have envisioned what Centric has become, and that it's likely exceeded all of our expectations. Sincerely appreciate your post, and perspective!!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Solid company but benefits are lagging behind

Jun 9, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Good culture. Good work life balance. Competent upper management.

Cons

Benefits lag behind most major tech companies. Difficult to grow out of current position due to needs of the company.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Mid-sized Consultancy & Great Place to Work

Aug 28, 2020 - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's hard to describe, but the culture at Centric is different than anything I've experienced corporately. Everyone in the firm lives out their values. I am still in my first year and have already heard several stories of where Centric placed people over profit, bent over backwards to create unmatched client experiences, and has given its consultants choice over projects and career path. You truly feel like everyone in the firm is in it together. The managing members all feel like part of the team. I've not heard the term "executive" once and there is little if any office politics. Great experience for those who just want to do great work, with great people, for great clients, and have a great work/life balance while you are at it.

Cons

Centric is not yet a household name in most markets and therefore some clients or new hires may have a harder time "taking a shot" with Centric.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great Place to Work in Consulting

Feb 8, 2021 - Senior Manager in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Centric is a consulting company with a driven culture, but with great work/life balance. Virtual offices only, some client work may be on site. The company is willing to tackle issues head on, has a culture of constant improvement.

Cons

Technical salaries struggle to keep up with the market a bit, can lead to challenges recruiting.

6. 5.0

Passion for Results

Jun 12, 2020 - Senior Project Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

For years while at other companies, I worked with Centric consultants and found them to be intelligent, resourceful and competent. Many became fiends after working together (for different companies). After years of working with Centric, 14 months ago I became a Centric consultant. It has been a terrific 14 months. I thrive on good, meaty projects working with smart people who want to jump in and get things done and delivering game changing technology for a client. Centric gave a lot of ownership to figure it out and deliver, which I like, and provided expertise to fill the holes as needed. There have been some long hours and creativity needed, but I will take the right project and right team over the right hours any day. Centric favors open communication and feedback over deferring to hierarchy or niceties. It is also a culture where Centric associates are encouraged to continue to learn and build their skills and opportunities as a consultant.

Cons

I don’t know that I have any, other than Centric is growing and, like any company faced with success, has to diligently work to keep the same culture and level of consulting.

VP Technology

Well this just put a huge smile on my face. What a nice thing to read as we bid 2020 adieu. Consulting can be such a great way to grow, learn, and explore different industries and business functions. So very glad to hear you are enjoying it and are feeling professionally fulfilled. Centric is at such a great stage in its development with great local operating groups, mature national practices, real product accelerators, a unique and best in class India team, and strong growth strategy. I'm certain it will provide lots of opportunity to take your career where ever you'd like. Thanks Mike Brannan (VP Tech / Marketing).

7. 4.0

Good place to work

Mar 1, 2021 - Senior Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Centric does consistently try to do the right thing.

Cons

Sometimes Centric can be a little behind the pack in terms of processes and standards. The model can be a bit difficult to understand.

VP Technology Solutions

Thank you for your feedback. Overall I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your time at Centric. Regarding the Cons, if you're willing to share, I would love to understand more about where you see us as behind the pack. With that input we can discuss ways for Centric to improve. Regarding the model, at Centric we do have a matrixed model which is different than a pure top down model. This can have it's challenges but it also helps ensure we are providing our clients with the best possible solutions and experiences. I'd be happy to spend time discussing the model as needed to clarify any mis-understanding that is causing difficulties. You can reach out to me directly if you would like to talk in person. Matt Henretta

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Beware of incestuous structure

Jan 22, 2021 - Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good Culture seems good on the surface

Cons

Management are all linked to each other and cover each other's lies. Not diverse at all. White males who have been friends for decades. Culture seems great UNTIL you have a problem then you are left alone. If you aren't part of the click you will be blamed for management inadequacy. Jobs are more staff aug than they lead you to believe.

1 person found this review helpful

National Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for your candid feedback. It sounds like you have some specific examples you experienced while you were employed at Centric. I'm sorry this is how those experiences made you feel, and we weren't able to address those concerns while employed here. At Centric, we know we are not perfect and are always trying to improve our employee experience. It is a continuous improvement effort. Thank you again for you feedback - this helps us get better. ~Amy McJoynt, Chicago Leadership

9. 5.0

They weren't lying!

Apr 6, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My thoughts about Centric after 4 interviews made me believe that they had to be exaggerating something... 1. They are a consulting firm which provides "unmatched" client experiences; 2. They actually encourage a work life balance; 3. They invest in employee experiences like the annual holiday party, where the entire firm and their significant others are flown to a warm location for a weekend celebration. Nothing that I learned was exaggerated. Nothing. When you read that our (lofty) goal is to have 100% of our clients referenceable based on their unmatched experience with us, we mean it. When you read that this consulting firm (yes, consulting firm) wants our employees to live a balanced lifestyle and ultimately retire here, we mean it.

Cons

Centric is a consulting firm which does carry long hours at times, though those periods of time are far shorter than competitors (I know that from experience). Plus, the people here are a lot funner to be in the trenches with!

9 people found this review helpful

Director Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Centric. I'm glad to see it's a positive response but it's important to hear all types of feedback so we don't go astray from not only creating "unmatched" client experiences but also "unmatched" experiences for the people that work at Centric. It looks like you heard lots of positives during the recruiting process but I hope we also set realistic expectations. As you noted, consulting does come with the ups and downs of client life so it's important for candidates to know creating unmatched client experiences takes flexibility and commitment from every person at Centric.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Centric Lives Its Values!

Sep 3, 2020 - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Centric invests in their culture! The passion for the greater good is demonstrated by the devotion of their employees and business units giving back to the communities. I love participating in local food drives and improvement projects The opportunity to innovate and learn new skills is important to me and I can achieve this while delivering value to our clients. Centric provides and ENCOURAGES employees to take time off for family and personal interests. Centric's values are not just posted somewhere to be forgotten... Centric is a company that truly lives its values !

Cons

I cannot think of any cons over the last 5 years I have been working with Centric.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the kind words and the vote of confidence. Will strive to keep us trending in the right direction!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews