Centric Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Centric Consulting CEO Dave Rosevelt
Dave Rosevelt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unmatched focus on work-life balance (in 38 reviews)

• It's truly liberating to be part of a team that is committed to providing an unmatched experience for clients and employees on a daily basis (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication between business units isn't always as strong as it could be (in 13 reviews)

• Compensation is below industry averages, but the work life balance and culture make up for it to a degree (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Keep Your Entrepreneurial Spirit Alive"

Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here’s what I love most about working at Centric: I can be creative and try new things. It's quite refreshing to work at a company where leaders actually encourage you to brainstorm and implement new ideas.

As if that's not good enough, I get to work with people across the country who have diverse, unique personal and professional experiences. For someone who loves to learn, nothing beats learning from your colleagues.

As a bonus: I get to do what I love! I also get to set my own schedule and processes to get things done. What's not to love about that?

Cons

This is a great place to work for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit. People who can get up in the morning and set their own timeline. People who don't need to be told what to do because they know what to do. Self-starters succeed here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in promoting a healthy work-life balance, listening to our viewpoints, and encouraging us to offer fresh perspectives!

Oct 12, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Centric. As someone with exposure and the opportunity to work with all of our Business Units across the country you have a unique vantage point into Centric... More

2. "Respect, Support and Teamwork"

Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Centric and the Chicago BU in particular is unlike anything I've seen in my career. From the founders to the newest contractor, I see everyone treated with respect and appreciation. Consulting is hard work, and there are frustrations and long hours, but that always feels to me like it's outside the team. Inside, we support and celebrate each other, and that makes a big difference in quality of life - when work (or life) is hard, I know my management and colleagues have my back. Everyone has the same goals: do our best for our clients, learn, have fun, build something we can be proud of, take care of our families and communities.

Cons

In a flat organization of mostly experienced consultants, there's less proactive training and guidance than other companies, which can be jarring if this isn't your background. You'll get all the help you need if you ask - but you have to ask, and you have to know that you're not bothering anyone by asking. For the same reasons, a lot of the knowledge is unconscious - leaders "just know" how to be consultants, and might have trouble translating their intuition to instruction. Because so much of our recruiting is through personal networks, we have work to do on diversity, but I believe our leadership wants to do that work.

Advice to Management

Stick with the transparency, the teamwork, and the long game. The communication at this summer's meeting about our challenges and opportunities gave me even greater confidence in our company and leadership. As we grow, remember that even the most experienced employees may not have a consulting background - consider offering "Consulting 201" for those people. Above all, keep a laser focus on keeping our positive, respectful culture as we grow - too many companies change when they hit our size.

3. "Senior Manager"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centric has great respect for every individual in the organization . They truly value people and they sincerely encourage people to pursue their passions.

They also truly value their clients. I've never been part of an organization that is so sincere, honest, competent and forthright.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You're doing an awesome job!

4. "Sr. manager"

I worked at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

Great leadership that care about their people.

Cons

Salaries could be slightly higher.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Great model with good talent.

Nov 10, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing some feedback. It's nice to know that even as a former employee you have positive comments to share. Hopefully, we will cross paths in the future either working with you as a... More

5. "Centric Consulting ROCKS"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Fantastic people. Management cares about work/life balance.

Cons

Slight divide between Full Time Employees and Contract Employees. Both do the same amount of work but benefits are completely different.

Advice to Management

No advice, really. Keep up the great work!

Oct 12, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. There is a LOT of activity in our Seattle office these days so it's great to know you are still feeling a strong sense of culture and that the team is still... More

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. Focused on delivering the right solutions for clients. Willing to turn away opportunities where they don't make sense for our people or for the client. Flat organizational structure and open to ideas.

Cons

Flat culture is good, but may be too loose for some. You need to be self directed and willing to contribute in the delivery to the client, while contributing to the overall organization culture and growth. This generally requires 45-50 hours a week. This is usually worth it -- lots of great people and fun, in addition to hard work.

Advice to Management

More structure would be beneficial. Would like to see more established career paths.

Oct 11, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your thoughts. I would have to agree with your "Pros" and your "Cons". I came from a highly structured background before joining... More

"Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, fun culture, some really smart people, lots of innovation, opportunities to work on varied projects and learn new skills. Centric really cares about their clients, their community, and their employees. Overall a great place to work; one of the best employers I've had.

Cons

Working on diversity has seen good improvement with the new hires at lower levels, but there is still a real lack of women and minorities at the top.

While most folks here are sincere, respect and support each other, some folks that aren't so, or are biased with their treatment, are tolerated. There is somewhat of a clique at the higher levels.

Advice to Management

Promote some women to leadership roles ASAP. Be bold. Demand that leaders have upward reviews to identify and address biased treatment from leaders that favor those that fit a certain mold.

Nov 16, 2017 – President

Thank you for the response. We have been working hard to make sure there are many different directions and opportunities for everyone to take their career. I'm glad it is being felt. We've also been... More

"They treat you like an adult"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my 17+ year career I've never experienced a company that treats people so well. They treat everyone like an adult and respect your opinion and your time. Management promotes flex time, work life balance, if you travel they handle it so you are home on weekends (and pay extra if you travel a lot). Management listens to your concerns. PTO and benefits are great.

Cons

As mentioned in another review there is a lack of minorities and women in upper leadership.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest and transparent. Keep promoting "balance".

Nov 16, 2017 – President

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad all of the work we put into creating a great environment for our employees is truly felt.

We know it and own it that there is a lack of diversity in the... More

"Outstanding Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Centric possesses a corporate environment second to none. Our culture is informal, collaborative, low ego and supportive. The culture is part of our DNA and the desire to work in such an environment was one of the key reasons the company was founded in the late '90s. Centric hires intelligent people who you'd enjoy working with and spending time with outside of the office. Senior leaders are very accessible and employees are encouraged to try a variety of project types. There are several opportunities throughout the year to meet fellow Centric folks from other cities and to hear from leaders about Centric's current performance and future plans.

Cons

Sometimes we don't follow the same consulting advice internally that we give our clients.

Oct 18, 2017 – President

Thanks for the great feedback. Your comment about hiring people you enjoying spending time with jumps out at me. I love interacting inside and outside of work with so many Centric people. Many are... More

"Centric is an awesome employer"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, choices, transparent culture, multiple learning opportunities, great people, interesting projects, smart vision and much more......

Cons

Need to be able to work in a flexible less structured environment. If you need to work in an office, Centric is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Sep 8, 2017 – Director Operations

First off.....please be safe. Make sure you are putting you and your loved ones ahead of all else with Hurrican Irma bearing down. Thank you for sharing your feedback. I noticed you are from the... More