Centric Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Centric Consulting CEO Dave Rosevelt
Dave Rosevelt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company's local-based model is being stretched right now as some business units break into much larger clients (in 14 reviews)

• growing pains- It just comes with the territory but can be frustrating as we outgrow processes before improvement comes (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Keep Your Entrepreneurial Spirit Alive"

Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here’s what I love most about working at Centric: I can be creative and try new things. It's quite refreshing to work at a company where leaders actually encourage you to brainstorm and implement new ideas.

As if that's not good enough, I get to work with people across the country who have diverse, unique personal and professional experiences. For someone who loves to learn, nothing beats learning from your colleagues.

As a bonus: I get to do what I love! I also get to set my own schedule and processes to get things done. What's not to love about that?

Cons

This is a great place to work for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit. People who can get up in the morning and set their own timeline. People who don't need to be told what to do because they know what to do. Self-starters succeed here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in promoting a healthy work-life balance, listening to our viewpoints, and encouraging us to offer fresh perspectives!

Oct 12, 2017 – Director Operations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Centric. As someone with exposure and the opportunity to work with all of our Business Units across the country you have a unique vantage point into Centric... More

2. "Great place to work - very fulfilling"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many opportunities and opportunities to grow within your career. I love the work/life balance.

Cons

Nothing really sticks out as a big red flag or cons

"Employee Review"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Centric does good challenging work at competitive rates. Employees have a lot of autonomy to work directly with clients using their skills and experience.

Cons

Promotions and raises are slow. You're not going to get wealthy working here.

4. "Senior Manager"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the fact that our focus is on creating unmatched client and employee experiences. This permeates our culture and is such an exciting thing to think about everyday...I'm not just going to work, I get to try and help people have an unmatched day!

Cons

Like any organization in this world, there will be challenges. Centric is transparent about these and works collaboratively at all levels to make things right (and ultimately unmatched!).

Advice to Management

Keep emphasizing our flat, collaborative structure. I've always felt comfortable calling anyone in the company and talking with them. This is awesome!

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centric hires dynamic, interesting people and takes their corporate culture seriously. They mean it when they say they want their employees to have unmatched experiences.

They also mean it when they ask employees to give our customers an unmatched experience. We are encouraged and rewarded for going above and beyond in a human way.

The people make this company!

Cons

The company's local-based model is being stretched right now as some business units break into much larger clients. The need for travel has increased and the company is working through what this means for employees.

As a consultant, you need to align to the client's culture. Where small teams are staffed, this can result in feeling isolated from Centric's culture.

6. "A really great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Southaven, MS
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in Southaven, MS

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centric hits the sweet spot in the size of the organization: No too big and not too small, they have wonderful benefits and everyone is very easy to work with.

Cons

A bit clique-ish at times, especially when we all get together for Spring/Summer meetings.

Advice to Management

Stick to your goals and keep providing a wonderful place to work!

7. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Centric Consulting has exceeded all of my expectations. Authentic leadership. Dedication to building a smart, strong, supportive team. Delivering the -right- solutions and taking great care of customers. Entrepreneurial environment where you have the opportunity to create your own path to success.

Cons

If you're not a motivated, self-starter who likes taking great care of people, Centric is probably the wrong place for you.

Apr 6, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to express your Centric experience. I am glad to hear it is exceeding your expectations!

I really appreciate your focus on taking care of our clients. Creating... More

8. "Well managed company with many opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I look forward to coming to work every day. The people are amazing to work with, as well as the work is gratifying. Great culture!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. A number of concerns have been addressed in the past 9 months and action is in place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You all rock!

9. "Amazing Work/Life Balance, Great Employees and Culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great balance between work and life
    Awesome people and culture
    Challenging work and variety of interesting work as a developer

Cons

Not much at all. Great company overall!

Apr 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our balance, people, culture, and work. I am super glad you are enjoying your Centric experience!

Being a company where many types of technical and... More

10. "An employer who truly cares for their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are a flexible employer who values creativity and truly take care of their employees.

Cons

The company hierarchy is very loosely structured and can it be confusing as you don't directly report to anyone.

Apr 6, 2018 – President

Thank you for the kind words and feedback! There has to be individual creativity in our consulting model to provide great solutions for our clients. I appreciate that you feel that flexibility.
    As... More