Cover image for Centric Consulting

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No real training programs for consultants.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Salary is fair for the work, but seems a bit low for overall consulting.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Too much politics in India office and only those are promoted who supports the management in their politics(in 3 reviews)
  • "If you're looking for a company that will provide deep, structured personal development and a quick career path of the ladder, Centric's still working on how to provide a competitive experience for younger consultants.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Centric Consulting and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Oct 20, 2022 - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and love the transparency of leadership. Centric truly values its employees as its greatest asset.

Cons

No cons at this time.

2. 4.0

Better than most

Sep 28, 2022 - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership in Chicago caring, smart, and focused on developing their teams.

Cons

Very few people of color or women in leadership positions.

3. Join the Centric Consulting team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Employer I've Had

Jun 29, 2022 - Solution Architect in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Centric focuses very heavily on culture and values. I think it's evident through the transparency in the company that this an employee first organization. Creating an atmosphere that allows employees to function in the way that they need and to have a quality work/life balance results in improved satisfaction for our employees which is then passed onto our clients.

Cons

I think with being a remote workforce, it seems at times there can be a disconnect with management on how resources are allocated. I don't think we have the best systems in place to give visibility to resource allocation and at times that can result in arbitrarily assigning work to people who are already over capacity.

VP Technology

Wow. Nice title to the post. Thanks for that. Regarding cons and advice. You are right! The plan is to have a real focus on better staffing tools in 2023. So we can ensure people are getting the best possible client assignments that help them grow their career. Of course, we try very hard to do this now. But I'm sure there are exceptions. Some advice about career progression. Be vocal. Make sure people in local BU groups as well as National SO groups know your desires. They can help you get there. Squeaky wheel gets (more) grease in this case. Cheers. Mike Brannan - VP Tech

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place

Jun 9, 2022 - Capability Lead in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honest and open communication with all levels of management

Cons

Going through growing pains but always looking for opportunities to get better.

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 6, 2022 - Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Remote work life balance - Build trust quickly with your specific team - Tons of opportunities to grow in technical areas

Cons

- Pay structure is not as competitive as other opportunities (leads to high turnover) - Company leaders do not seem able to adjust to market demand. Tend to keep things as they are - Siloed working environment at times

VP Technology

Thanks for the thoughtful review. Appreciate the feedback. A few things for you to know and consider. Last I heard, our turnover had ticked up a bit over the last few months, to around 5% annually. Normally it's in the 2 - 3% range. We're not happy about the uptick. We're serious about making this a great place to work. For the last year my tech practices have been keeping a close eye on salaries and we've done many mid-year and 1 off salary adjustments based on the hot market. I'd suggest that if you feel you've been missed or not at the right level you ask your manager to take a look. It's OK to ask. We're constantly trying to break down the silos between specialized groups. It's hard work. Know that everyone is in favor of doing more cross practice selling and delivery. But it takes time. If you see an opportunity to do so please point it out. I think your observations will be favorably received. Finally, quick comment on market demand. I know at times we feel we have our hands full just doing a good job delivering on the speciality areas we already have in place. That's why we don't push hard into services we know our customers would like like security. Yet we are trying to grow dramatically around AI and other innovative technologies. Would love your thoughts on what topics would be good for future growth. You could reach out to our Principal Architects (Shawn Wallace, Donnie Kerr, Eric Galluzzo) to make suggestions. They'd appreciate it. Cheers, Mike Brannan, VP Technology.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great environment

Mar 1, 2022 - Staff Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams to colab with

Cons

Can be clicky I've had at times

VP Technology

Hello, thanks for the review. I can empathize with the clicky comment. A lot of people have been here a long time, so you do have your groups. And our operating groups love to hang out with each other as their core people. But integrating our various operating groups (OGs) is important so we know how to craft the best solutions for out clients. Happy to discuss real time if it makes sense and better understand your thoughts and potential concerns. Hopefully you see the many efforts we make to encourage cross OG collaboration.

8. 5.0

Strong Consulting house

Feb 11, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, benefits Skilled employees Stong leadership

Cons

Hard to build network remotely

VP Technology

Hello and thanks for the kind words. The future of Centric is bright. So many good ways we are serving clients. It can be hard to network remotely. Would be happy to talk in person and give some advice. But one quick suggestion - make regular reach outs to people you want to get to know. As you know, Centric is a very flat, low ego kind of place. People are happy to connect. The more people you know the better. That's how we bring the full power of Centric to all our clients. Cheers. Mike Brannan, VP Tech / Marketing.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

GREAT CULTURE

Feb 10, 2022 - Scrum Master in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Centric supports and values its employees, and has the best culture I have ever experienced.

Cons

Some clients do not agree or align with Centric's culture and its an adjustment and work around.

President

Thank you for taking the time to provide a great review. So glad you appreciate the culture we've worked hard to build. Our goal is to provided unmatched experiences to both our employees and clients. We always have to adjust to what is important to the client. Consulting requires us to have 2 jobs (great client service and helping them with their business and also running our own business.). As a life long consultant I forget this sometimes. Thanks for sharing!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work environment

Feb 3, 2022 - Business Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment is great. Love the support system.

Cons

Benefits for full time only

VP Technology Solutions

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's great to know you are experiencing a strong support system as that is such a critical part of success for any person and company. If we aren't investing a lot to support those around us, we will never continue to get better. Regarding the benefits for FTE only, I just want to clarify that we do offer benefits to contractors. For health care the premium is higher than for employees (Centric subsidizes employee healthcare costs) and beyond healthcare there are numerous opportunities for training, local business meetings, etc. If you have any questions about this don't hesitate to give me a call. --Matt Henretta VP Technology Services

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Consulting Firm to Work For

Dec 17, 2021 - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Centric are fantastic! I also love the variety of management consulting assignments available, the autonomy I have to sell and lead projects, as well as the work life balance I feel I now have.

Cons

Not having the arsenal of leading methods and tools at your fingertips that you would find at a big four firm.

1 person found this review helpful

VP Technology

Glad your experiences to date are positive! We try hard to keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive and well at Centric even as we grow and get a bit more complicated. I work in our National practice area. And these National groups (Tech and Business Consulting) work on building out various methodologies to help with delivery. Since you're relatively new, you may not know that it's completely fair game to reach and and see if what you need is available in some form or the other. Also our Library is a good source of info. Cheers. Mike Brannan.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 233 Reviews
</>Embed

Centric Consulting Reviews FAQs

Centric Consulting has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 431 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at Centric Consulting to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Centric Consulting employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Centric Consulting. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

98% of Centric Consulting employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Centric Consulting 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Centric Consulting to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Centric Consulting Job Seekers