Centrify Reviews | Glassdoor

Centrify President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Kemp
Tom Kemp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "It will be nice when they add a 401k match for employees, and eventually an Employee Stock Purchase Plan" (in 5 reviews)

• "Sales Management can be best described as smoke and mirrors" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Software Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best team collaboration. Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Have not found any cons yet.

"Ok but don’t fall for the “IPO coming Soon” line"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, relaxed environment, interesting work.

Cons

Engineering management is absolutely hopeless. All decision making is with the top 2 or three guys. You basically do what you’re told. Promos seem to be more about who your buddies are than what you contribute.

Advice to Management

Allow more bottom up decision making. Keep engineers in the loop re what projects are being considered.

3. "QA Intern"

Current Employee - QA Intern in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - QA Intern in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Centrify (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is super nice with lots of nice people

Cons

pay was a bit low

"Less paid than market"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Centrify (Less than a year)

Pros

learn a lot tech stack knowledge.
    Will consider IPO in 2-3 years

Cons

paid less than market price.
    Since has team in China, needs collaborate with China team around 5-6pm.

5. "Tough, challenging work but worth it if you're willing to work hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots to learn and quickly grow your skills

Cons

Expect to be 100% engaged everyday.

Mar 26, 2018 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for comments. We are thrilled you are growing your skills and feeling engaged with your work here at Centrify.

"Not a fun place to work anymore"

Pros

Flexible working hours. Nice working environment and amenities. most people work really hard to build products. We all work towards one direction. CEO is very good at updating employees with all kind of meetings.

Cons

Centrify used to be a very good company that you work really hard. Lots of smart people and hard workers here. But not anymore. Just like one of review said it handed out VP , director title too easily to some not qualified people. If you are good at playing political games, you are in; if you don't mind working non stop with more and more tasks while other people just hang around working as they want, you are in.

Advice to Management

People matters. Centrify do need to hire right people, good dedicated people to achieve success.

Mar 26, 2018 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for your feedback. Centrify is an equal opportunity employer and we always strive to hire talented, well deserving people to join our team. As you mentioned in your comment, we will... More

"Great team members and great executive team..."

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work anywhere is the people. Most of the people I worked with and that worked for me were great. We always had fun even when we were working crazy hours! Really enjoyed the executive team while I was there. Very transparent and approachable.

Cons

The issue with Centrify is at the VP level. The company is very quick to hand out titles when they are undeserving and unnecessary. The CFO is one of the best I have ever worked with but there are several VP levels under him that are useless. That is very frustrating for those doing the work.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at middle management and weed out the dead weight!

Feb 12, 2018 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience at Centrify. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

"Old Management Style; Fear and Conformity"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product with amazing colleagues are the two things that made me stay as long as I did at Centrify. The Support, Product, and CSM teams truly want to push for the best product and customer service.

Cons

VP and Management level have not changed techniques since the '80s. Conform by fear tactics or risk losing the job. Anything outside the departments comfort zone is a no-go and a quick meetings to shut it down. Ask for help from other departments will get some help but also includes scolding from department management. The sales team learned quickly to resolve issues without department collaboration.

PS/Technical Team Leadership is the worst next to the Sales Leadership. There is no motivation to push the envelope and anything outside the norm, gets a hard no. Over inflated PS prices for a rather simple product to deploy. The PS team doing the implementation are hero's in this department.

Sales Operation Leadership is on an island. New rules and processes every quarter without feedback or questions. Asking for a process on how to quote will only gets put under the microscope and scolded; don't bother unless a nastygram is in order.

Sales Management can be best described as smoke and mirrors. QBR's, Forecasting and Commits are built on a house of cards. The sales team are told to change deal stages and forecast deals that shouldn't be submitted. By not doing so or conforming, gets punished by strong-arm tactics. This is only to make Sales Management look better on paper and if Sales misses the number because of unattainable quotas, Management uses the scapegoat. Hitting the number will also add 10 layers of negativity as opposed to a simple congratulations; management by fear and negativity.

It's strange to hear during the all hands about how every department has overachieved. The company struggles to close deals or keep employee retention which has been stagnant for years or hear from the VP's about issues the department could improve next time.

Advice to Management

No advice to management; ego is too big to take on any constructive criticism.

Feb 12, 2018 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

We regret to hear you may have had a negative experience during your time with us. We have received your feedback and wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Kinda Cheap"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Product is great and really works...

Cons

Just seems like money is tight all the time. They don't pay that great and no training budget.

Advice to Management

Dont Know

Feb 12, 2018 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for your feedback. Training is always available, either internally or externally. Please check with your manager for your specific needs.

10. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits except for 401k match.
    Great work / life balance.
    Good support from escalation points.
    Fast raise.

Cons

Working with certain customers can be challenging and frustrating at times, but that is to be expected in a technical support role.
    No 401k match.

Feb 5, 2018 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased to hear you had a positive experience with Centrify. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.