Centrify Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Centrify President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Kemp
Tom Kemp

Pros
Cons
  • Company is experiencing typical growing pains for a company at this stage as it matures from a nimble startup to a mid-market enterprise (in 3 reviews)

• Very unethical Sales Management Team (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company, great customers, great products, great outlook"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Centrify full-time

Pros

Things I think are cool:
    - Only vendor identified as a leader in two related security markets (Identity as a Service and Privilege Identity Management). Not many companies are ever named a leader, in any single market by Gartner or Forrester. Centrify has been identified as a leader by both in two different markets.
    - Great stable of customers that love Centrify and consistently renew their subscriptions or maintenance year after year
    - Talented sales management has led to great growth in sales bookings over the years
    - Long time engineering leaders that have had their hand in all of the products
    - Phenomenal support team that customers love
    - No crappy acquire-ware that has to be torn down and integrated with core products
    - Great investors and board that has stuck with Centrify since the beginning
    - Knowledgeable CEO that can knows what is happening with every department, product, customer and competitor. I have worked with CEO's that didn't have a good handle on their company and I would much rather have a bit more scrutinization from a credible CEO than an out of touch one that doesn't understand the decisions they are being asked to make.

Cons

Not many. I suppose when you get a couple of hundred smart, talented people in the same building there are going to be unnecessary tensions. Centrify, as with any company, does better when they are focused on customer and market success rather than personal pettiness and personal agendas. A few individuals could do a better job at believing the best in others and showing a little more grace to their peers.

Luckily, this is a company that keeps hitting new and important milestones in customers, market leadership, products and sales. When you are succeeding it makes all of the petty concerns much less important.

Advice to Management

Management is super smart, which sometimes leads to focusing on only how we can improve and misses the chance to acknowledge the great work and results as they happen. Keep encouraging and recognizing all the great work and results that the team is achieving.

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your position at Centrify. We, too, believe in our bright future and are excited to have you on board with our journey. Our goal is to provide a workplace ... More

2. "Great company on an exciting upward trajectory."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Centrify has great, innovative products.
    - Centrify allows me to have a nice work/life balance.
    - I get to work with some really smart people.
    - Centrify is about to realize explosive revenue growth over the next several months and I'm excited to be part of this.

I came to Centrify from a Fortune 100 technology brand and am happy that I did. It feels more exciting here and I feel I have a bit more flexibility and influence over the success and growth of the company. It's apparent, too, that my vision and creativity are valued by my manager, teammates and those in other departments that I collaborate with. Also, in the year I've been part of Centrify, we've been recognized by Gartner as a Magic Quadrant Leader, by Forrester as a Wave leader and by several tech publications as the best of the best in our space. It was a great career move; I'm proud to be part of this extended team.

Cons

We have the products and team to destroy the competition. Time to own our leadership position.

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

3. "Great Team, Great Products, and Great Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is passionate about our vision and platform. He is equally passionate about his employees and the team we've assembled. Great work life balance, and opportunity to grow professionally.

Cons

Accountability is lacking, but accountability starts with the employee/individual. We can accomplish far more by holding ourselves and each other to a standard, and not easily accepting excuses for failed achievement.

Advice to Management

Establish a long-term vision! Determine how we are going to be a $500M company over the next 3-5 years, and let's go for it!

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

"Not A Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Sales in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potentially a great company. Very good products and development. This company will thrive once the stale senior sales management finally retires.

Cons

Mean-spirited sales management that are still living in the dark ages. Senior sales managers that have no business leading a team. No innovate, forward thinking sales strategies in years. Still using the old fear based management style that went out of favor in the 80s. Not willing to consider and accept new ideas unless you can get them to believe they thought of it. CEO is blind to all of this, just does not care or agrees and believes in it. The best and brightest leave after realizing what the culture (or lack of one) really is like and how inept the leaders are.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for what you have created. It is exactly the way you want it. The only problem is your thinking is seriously flawed and your best and brightest walk out the door. The exodus of staff is on you. People are quitting you not the company.

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. Please know our internal processes are under constant review as we adapt to the rapid growth we’ve experienced in recent years. We believe that our ... More

"Beware"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros that I can think of.

Cons

Very unethical Sales Management Team.

Advice to Management

Treat people like you'd like to be treated

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

We regret to hear that your overall experience thus far at Centrify has been less than positive. Our goal is to provide a workplace where employees feel that they are valued and treated fairly. If ... More

7. "Great time to be at Centrify"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, culture, products and work environment.

Cons

There are only cons if you don't like hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Market Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Winning products, great people, upward trajectory, high growth. Keeps you on your toes with fast moving ideas and new initiatives.

Cons

Sometimes company tries to do too much.

Advice to Management

Keep your foot on the pedal and keep this ship moving at a high rate of speed!

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. As the company grows, we enjoy watching individuals grow and become ready to tackle new challenges of this ever-evolving market. We are ... More

"Decent place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Good product.

Cons

Poor communication. Management can't accept responsibility if they make a bad choice in hires and let things affect whole departments or personnel. Pay is below market.

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We do our best to offer competitive pay as compared to our counterparts in this industry and feel that securing top talent is key to success ... More

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great and constant training. Great people to work for. Utah office gets to travel to San Jose for training and sales kick off.

Cons

Promotions are slow to come and the good ol boys club is in full effect. Hard for Women to be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keepin On

Jun 22, 2016 – HR/Office Manager

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback regarding traveling and training. Thank you for the review.

11. "Technical Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great benefits, great products, good pay, EASY commute

Cons

Minimal cons, mainly no 401(k) match (currently).

Jun 22, 2016 – HR/Office Manager

Thank you for the review. We continue to work on our benefits program, but thrill of your positive feedback.