Centrify Reviews | Glassdoor

Centrify President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Kemp
Tom Kemp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very unethical Sales Management Team (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management out for themselves (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good company, great people."

I worked at Centrify full-time

Pros

Good career challenges, working with smart people.

Cons

No real downsides. Just company has bad timing with exit, in a market with many players (as viewed externally).

Advice to Management

Hard to say, as this would be above my pay grade and I do not have access the right data to give advice. I would say thought, please keep focus and do the right thing. Keep employees, and the sacrifices they made, in mind.

Btw, my last year at Centrify is not 2013, it was just the oldest available year to pick in the dropdown, so that narrows the list a little :)

Aug 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We appreciate your feedback and wish you well in your new endeavors.

2. "Old-School management that doesn't understand modern/cloud security"

I have been working at Centrify full-time

Pros

Engineering is pretty good, and getting better with new mgmt.

Cons

Upper Management & CEO have outlived their usefulness

Advice to Management

Step-down and part ways for some fresh new talent that know how to take this business to the next level.

Aug 29, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Upper Management and our CEO care deeply about the employees and their well-being as well as the success of the company, and are always open to hearing constructive feedback. But there are not... More

3. "Technical Writer"

Current Employee - Technical Writer
    Current Employee - Technical Writer

I have been working at Centrify (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Centrify. The work is challenging, but the structure of both Engineering and Tech Pubs makes it much less stressful than it could be. The company is bursting with talent, diversity, excitement, and growth.
    The services and products we offer are really interesting and in high demand, and while Centrify is still privately held, it's also 14 years old. There are a lot of people that have been there from the beginning, which says a lot about the kind of place it is. I'm excited for Centrify's future.

Cons

It seems that it's very common for people to leave and come back. I don't know if this is a symptom of needing to leave to get better compensation/titles, or if folks come back because the work environment is so great (or both).
    No matching 401k.

Advice to Management

Don't keep waiting for other companies to dictate our next moves. Our products are innovative, the people are innovative, we're ready to take the next step.
    Also, make it easier for people to move up into roles that interest them.

Aug 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

We appreciate your feedback. At Centrify we strive to create a friendly, rewarding environment for our employees. We are glad you find you are excited for the future as we are.

4. "Great company on an exciting upward trajectory."

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Centrify has great, innovative products.
    - Centrify allows me to have a nice work/life balance.
    - I get to work with some really smart people.
    - Centrify is about to realize explosive revenue growth over the next several months and I'm excited to be part of this.

I came to Centrify from a Fortune 100 technology brand and am happy that I did. It feels more exciting here and I feel I have a bit more flexibility and influence over the success and growth of the company. It's apparent, too, that my vision and creativity are valued by my manager, teammates and those in other departments that I collaborate with. Also, in the year I've been part of Centrify, we've been recognized by Gartner as a Magic Quadrant Leader, by Forrester as a Wave leader and by several tech publications as the best of the best in our space. It was a great career move; I'm proud to be part of this extended team.

Cons

We have the products and team to destroy the competition. Time to own our leadership position.

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your position at Centrify. We, too, believe in our bright future and are excited to have you on board with our journey. Our goal is to provide a workplace... More

5. "Great Team, Great Products, and Great Place"

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is passionate about our vision and platform. He is equally passionate about his employees and the team we've assembled. Great work life balance, and opportunity to grow professionally.

Cons

Accountability is lacking, but accountability starts with the employee/individual. We can accomplish far more by holding ourselves and each other to a standard, and not easily accepting excuses for failed achievement.

Advice to Management

Establish a long-term vision! Determine how we are going to be a $500M company over the next 3-5 years, and let's go for it!

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

6. "Based off of initial interviews, I was happy with their constraints and my recommendations"

I have been working at Centrify full-time

Pros

Open environment between employees and management (manager)

Cons

I haven't worked here long enough to recognize any large scale Cons vs my own prejudice and ideals.

Aug 25, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to cultivate an open and positive environment for our employees.

7. "Sales"

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Massive support from Corporate. Very tight and well integrated sales analytics. If you are good with meaningful and targeted data than this is the place for you. Also, smart people work here. If you can listen, comprehend and understand- this place is nirvana!

Cons

Onboarding process was fractured and not smooth- but shows signs of willingness to improve. In the end, if you know what you need you can find it- just don't expect it to show up. This is a place for people that know what they want and can get the job done!

Advice to Management

Don't stop and keep progressing. The course has been true thus far.

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our goal is to provide a workplace where employees feel that they’re valued and treated fairly. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

"Not A Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Sales in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potentially a great company. Very good products and development. This company will thrive once the stale senior sales management finally retires.

Cons

Mean-spirited sales management that are still living in the dark ages. Senior sales managers that have no business leading a team. No innovate, forward thinking sales strategies in years. Still using the old fear based management style that went out of favor in the 80s. Not willing to consider and accept new ideas unless you can get them to believe they thought of it. CEO is blind to all of this, just does not care or agrees and believes in it. The best and brightest leave after realizing what the culture (or lack of one) really is like and how inept the leaders are.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for what you have created. It is exactly the way you want it. The only problem is your thinking is seriously flawed and your best and brightest walk out the door. The exodus of staff is on you. People are quitting you not the company.

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. Please know our internal processes are under constant review as we adapt to the rapid growth we’ve experienced in recent years. We believe that our... More

"Beware"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Centrify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros that I can think of.

Cons

Very unethical Sales Management Team.

Advice to Management

Treat people like you'd like to be treated

Apr 18, 2017 – Executive Assistant/HR Assistant

We regret to hear that your overall experience thus far at Centrify has been less than positive. Our goal is to provide a workplace where employees feel that they are valued and treated fairly. If... More

10. "Great time to be at Centrify"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, culture, products and work environment.

Cons

There are only cons if you don't like hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!