Centris Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

I worked at Centris Consulting (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Centris Consulting was a rewarding experience. I had the opportunity to meet and work with some very talented professionals. Management supported my professional growth by allowing the time to attend and paying for professional conferences that led to my recertification.
    The benefits and salary were above normal for the area. I would recommend them as an employer.

Cons

The only con was working on a contract basis with the client. However, Centris always did win the contract during my employment.

2. "Senior Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

Pros

Centris was a great place to work. With any growing company, there were moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission I was able to grow as a new consultant in the industry. Mr. Nape and the Centris team were always professional and worked diligently to create an atmosphere conducive for growth and success for their clients and staff. I would highly recommend anyone to Centris Consulting as an employer of choice.

Cons

The length of time it took to process through the front gate once we arrived at the client site. It was also challenging to actually reach my office once I parked.

"Don't even bother"

Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Scranton, PA

I worked at Centris Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. They all left for better companies that pay better and have real benefits.

Cons

Three person shop (including the CEO) masquerading as a large shop.
    Google all the addresses for the everywhere outside the Scranton "headquarters" and you'll see they're all "virtual" offices.
    No raises due to a never ending series of reasons while watching the CEO use company funds to buy himself luxuries and never ending vacations.
    No 401k matching.
    Medical coverage was expensive and covered a limited region.
    Work assignments weren't planned out and resulted in angry end clients as well as unnecessary overtime that wasn't compensated.
    Unreasonable demands for frequent, mandatory attendance at the office in bad weather, after normal work hours end, and weekends to make up for the completely dysfunctional management.

Advice to Management

You are your own worst enemy.

"Bad"

I worked at Centris Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. I cannot come up with one pro about this outfit.

Cons

One employee plus the owner - family/uncle and nephew
    no have a project
    no continual education opportunities
    no bonuses
    no 401k match
    no life insurance
    no short term or long term disability coverage

Advice to Management

Stoping selling "smoke". Work!

"Innovative company that places their clients first and treats their employees well."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Centris Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While this is a small company, the talent pool is very strong; there are a lot of intelligent creative people here. It's a good place to learn. Their approach is client-specific rather than "off-the-shelf." I have seen the company exceed project budgets in order to satisfy the client. Value to the client is always the top priority. This makes the work itself very gratifying; you know you are helping people.

This company goes out of their way to be flexible with your schedule to accommodate life/work balance. Everyone is treated with respect. Ideas are readily accepted from individuals at every level of the company. The pay is very good and travel reimbursements are always on time.

Cons

As with any consulting company, your life is spent on the road; often at short notice. If that life is not for you, do not become a consultant! Personally I enjoy it.

Healthcare is covered for the employee only. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

As with any company, there is always room for improvement in communication. A formal orientation program would be a plus; new employees are mentored, but some things fall through the cracks.

6. "A very good boutique consulting outfit best for seasoned professionals."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Watervliet, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Watervliet, NY

I worked at Centris Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This firm, although not big enough to have many irons in many fires, provides consultants the opportunity to take ownership of the company's fate and contribute individually. The owner, Dave Nape, is a formidable leader and very involved with his team. He takes the time to listen and solicit input from the folks in the field. He is very attuned to industry trends and is very concerned with keeping Centris relevent and at the forefront of the industries the the company operates in. The challenge for Centris is to constantly refresh its skillset and capabilities while not straying from the core competencies which distinguish it from some of the other players in the environments it operates in. The company retains a strength in tried and true methodologies such as Operations Research, Lean, Toyota Production Systems, Six Sigma, etc. while acquiring the necessary skills to support implementation of system tools and automation solutions such as ERP, MRP, CMMS, CRM, etc.

Cons

The areas in which the company can improve, which could bring more business, would be to have an honest conversation with itself regarding its own willingness to delve into new areas outside its comfort zone and assess, honestly, the willingness of all team members to support adapting to the use of new technologies and methodologies to compete as the industrial mix in the U.S. changes and evolves.

Advice to Management

I would recommend growing your sales team from within. Who knows the product better than those who have been delivering it every day?

"Very poor pay"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Centris Consulting full-time

Pros

Travel points, reward miles, pay on time

Cons

Only like 5 people who work here now I believe. The positive reviews on here are written by the CEO or a relative. Funny.

Advice to Management

Sell something new and pay market rates.

Centris Consulting Response

Sep 24, 2013 – Director of HR & Finance

The above post is highly inaccurate. Centris Consulting is a highly technical specialized consulting firm. Currently we have 4 project teams. The projects include both government and private... More

"Very Rewarding."

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Scranton, PA

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Centris is a first class consulting firm headed by a group of real professionals. I was very impressed with the level of management expertise in their market. They get very high visibility projects for their employees to work on, and you are rewarded when you do a good job.

Cons

Some projects do require quite a bit of travel, but ample time is given , and you are generally home weekends.

9. "Centris Consulting is an outstanding team oriented company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Pros

Centris Consulting has a great team of employees, most of whom are highly technical subject matter experts. The Company has an outstanding collegial atmosphere and excellent pay and benefits. There is great emphasis on Personal Accountability. Employees that are committed to excellence will enjoy the sense of empowerment and ability to use their strengths creatively. As a very agile company, Centris is able to quickly adapt to changing technologies and environments. Centris is very focused on its clients and its mission of assisting those clients to "connect systems to performance". I have been working for Centris for 4 years and have found it a tremendously rewarding experience.

Cons

People who have a strong sense of mission and are very self-motivated will enjoy working at Centris. However those who prefer or require a very structured environment may find it difficult to adjust.

Advice to Management

Centris should continue its emphasis on mission and client-centeredness and continue to reward innovation, creativity and commitment to mission. It is a pleasure to work with such a great group of people.

10. "Rewarding with the ability to grow in the business world"

Current Employee - Executive Director of Operations in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Executive Director of Operations in Scranton, PA

Pros

Excellent people to work with

Cons

We have to travel to all our client sites which may be tough to get to based on their location

Advice to Management

Stay true to your core-group who have Centris's best interest at heart