Centro 156 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Centro Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

Pros
Cons
  • Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency (in 7 reviews)

• As I said above, there are lots of challenges in the ad tech space (in 5 reviews)

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, excellent leadership, top benefits including unlimited PTO. They really value their employees and spend a lot of time on your personal and professional development. It's a truly enjoyable place to be and if you are team-oriented, you'll fit right in. Work/life balance is unbeatable.

Cons

It seems we've been stocking less chips lately in the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Keep salaries competitive for less turnover.

"Principled company that cares about employees and the industry"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a mission to improve the lives of the people who work in digital media. We've had a lot of challenges in the past year, but we've always been true to our goals and honest with employees about the business. Unlike our other peers in ad tech, we are not in it for the quick buck. We care about the customers and we care about the people who work here. Oh, and we met most of our revenue-based bonus goals so it's a nice way to start the year.

Cons

As I said above, there are lots of challenges in the ad tech space. Everyone is a competitor and it's tough to create tech that meets all of the industry's needs -- especially if those needs continue to change. This is not an easy ride and you can't coast in this company.

Advice to Management

We may need more outside talent. It's great to promote from within, but we can benefit from bringing in ideas from the outside, from people who have a completely different perspective.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Media Associate
    Current Employee - Media Associate

I have been working at Centro (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited FTO, Great benefits, Great People

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within

"Amazing Culture and Work Environment"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

- Great Team. Everyone that I work with on a day-to-day is very easy to get along with.
    - Love the culture. The culture is partially a byproduct of the great co-workers I have there, but there's a lot of perks & benefits about working at Centro.

Cons

-None at the moment. Keep it up Centro!

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Centro for almost two years now and as recently as today, I said to someone that "I love my job." The reasons include the level of autonomy and empowerment that I have to do my job. Great vision, huge market opportunity and wonderful people. Benefits, including unlimited vacation, are top-notch.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Centro is a Superb Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centro sets itself apart by it's dedication and focus to the goals it sets, both departmentally and company-wide. I feel I get to work on something that is innovative and challenging at a place where the people working on it really care.

There is ample access to Leadership - they are present physically and mentally, and their enthusiasm and openness emanates throughout the company.

I feel I am treated with respect, yet expectations are clearly very high. I am free to do my job in the most effective way I'd like, and am expected to show results.

The office is amazing. It's a comfortable place to work, with space for people who like to be in the middle of the action and those who prefer quiet space to think.

Cons

Expectations are high and there is an aggressive, startup-like mindset around the work being done, so it is not an environment for those looking to fit into a nicely-defined role that won't change much over time.

"Coordinator"

Pros

Excellent leadership and great training from materials and personnel.

Cons

I didn't experience any downside.

Advice to Management

Continue current performance.

"The Walmart of AdTech"

Former Employee - Director, Client Development Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director, Client Development Management in New York, NY

I worked at Centro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centro strives to create a healthy culture where there is a healthy work life balance, with clean, cutting edge working environments and a kitchen stocked full of snacks. Also, if you make it long enough, there is a 4 week sabbatical you can take after 4 years. Pretty sweet. Also, with unlimited vacation you can take off as much as you want to get a jump on Hampton's traffic or whatever.

Cons

To work there as a young person, you learn a lot about digital advertising and you get exposed to almost everything across the digital landscape, so this is a great breeding ground for your career, but ultimately, Centro is the Walmart of digital advertising. Too often clients expect results, analysis, projects, or even rates that are out of scope or might take a little extra time and it becomes holy hell! Why? People are overworked and assume too many projects so any real strategy or thoughtful work gets eliminated. Working at Centro is like working on an assembly line. Repeat and move on and repeat. Just like ground hog day. For advertisers and agencies who are stranded, in a pinch and can't find anyone to do the job, Centro will ride in on a white horse and solve your problems, just like when you forget underwear on a business trip, you run to the local Walmart in an emergency. That would be how I'd recommend someone use Centro, only in an emergency.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want to be and go for it. You are neither ad tech, nor a digital agency. You are a managed service business that does average at best work and as a result, clients move on as quickly as they can.

"7 years and no product"

I worked at Centro full-time

Pros

good benefits. good time off policy. free food. good location.

Cons

wants to build ad tech product that is everything for everything. no expertise. middle & top management is a revolving door. build and throw and restart software is mantra.

Advice to Management

be a digital agency

"Cool place to work but some caveats"

Pros

Company really cares about its employees and is amazingly transparent about the state of the company. They love to promote from within as well. Great office culture.

Cons

Lack of feedback from management. Don't get much help with your professional growth. Teams also tend to be separated in multiple cities so you'll probably never meet some of the people you work with every day

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more clear on how they measure performance and give more concrete direction and goals