Centro Reviews | Glassdoor

Centro Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency (in 8 reviews)

• Poor on-boarding, salaries are not competitive, little room for growth (in 4 reviews)

1. "Rapid Growth, Good People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Centro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I left the company over four years ago and I still have a great connection with many of them. The CEO has gone to great lengths to keep a strong culture of inclusion when hiring. This company is definitely fast paced with lots of change, but lots of perks too. Consistently voted 'Best Place to Work', it has all the bells and whistles of a proper millennial start up.

Cons

There are some silos here. Growth is only for the hungry. If you don't push really hard or have a sponsor, it can be difficult to climb the ladder. Fraternization is also a concern in regards to upper management and special treatment. That may have changed, but it USED to be an issue.

Advice to Management

Standard growing pains of a wildly successful company; once you get big enough, being the boss isn't 'fun' it's work. Also, showing loyalty towards those who strive to embody your values and not just to pad your bottom line.

"Diversified & Differentiated Offering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic people, diverse client relationships, and diversified product offerings.

Cons

Big vision, things can take longer to come to fruition than they do at smaller point solution companies.

Advice to Management

Double down on your tech- clients are ready to bring platforms in house and you've hit the market with your differentiated platform at the right time.

3. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, very accessible management that cares and appreciates its employees, very little ego throughout the co, humble and genuine CEO, financially solid , very supportable and flexible with employees as they grow with respect to career path, office moves, etc.

Cons

Frequent change and focus within the org (but what place does not have this within digital media industry?)

4. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about people and wants the best culture. The work can also be exciting with new technologies and new clients. There is growth opportunity for hard working people. I've seen people grow their careers at Centro.

Cons

Tolerates poor performance with some employees longer than necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and over communicating the company vision and mission. Keep pushing to be the best place to work in the industry.

"Great place to start, not so great to stay"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Centro still has very good benefits

Cons

There is no stability on the executive level. How does a software company not have a head of technology?

"Strategy Supervisor"

I worked at Centro full-time

Pros

Great benefits and compensation

Cons

Centro is supposed to be all about the people and cultivating a positive culture. This is unfortunately not the case in some of the satellite offices

Advice to Management

Change it - LA office is a long way off from where it should be and from where the headquarters is

"Anonymous"

Pros

Casual environment. Great people, unlimited PTO. Office is nice. Little weird teams structure, but it works out.

Cons

Worst medical insurance that you can imagine. For the company of this level it is incredibe how bad it is. No one wants high deductible insurance unless you have no other options.

Advice to Management

Change insurance to PPO

"I like it here"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

I don't take work stress home with me. The work/life balance is excellent. The office is beautiful and there are a ton of great perks. Unlimited time off. Generous benefits. There is a vibrant start-up feel even though the company is large. They have an extensive 2-day new hire orientation and plenty of resources to help you succeed. My manager checks in with me regularly and I appreciate the goal setting and focus on improving department structure and processes. I am not micromanaged and I feel supported by senior leadership and the HR department.

Cons

Some processes in non-revenue generating departments are still embarrassingly manual because there has been a lack of investment in systems improvement. I wonder about some employees that have been here for a while and if Centro invested enough in them to ensure they've progressed professionally at the same pace in which they've received promotions. Some departments are still reeling from prior mismanagement. Change happens so slowly and there are always multiple levels of approval and buy-ins before even minor changes can be made. Some departments are very cliquey and there can be gossip.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing growth and development - it helps. Continue the management training especially for new managers. Invest in technology company-wide, not just on the product side. It will improve efficiency in all departments.

"Yet another ad company"

I worked at Centro full-time

Pros

Nice office, food, christmas party

Cons

No engineering appreciation/leadership. Tired vision.

Advice to Management

trust engineering

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Media Strategist in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Media Strategist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Centro (More than a year)

Pros

culture is great and unmatched

Cons

I have no cons for this company