Centura Health Reviews

Found 749 of over 790 reviews

3.6
Centura Health CEO and President Peter D. Banko
Peter D. Banko
Pros
  • "Good benefits and opportunities for advancement(in 35 reviews)

• "Cohesive, proud, supportive work environment(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper Management does not care about improving processes(in 23 reviews)

• "Reorganizing management has led to high turnover recently(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Centura Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Flex Team CNA

Dec 10, 2020 - Certified Nurse Assistant, CNA in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a Flex Team CNA I have the flexibility to choose my own hours, and the pay is much better.

Cons

You are working in different hospitals, on different floors, and with different staff constantly. You don't necessarily know where you will be working from one day to the next.

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you being on our flex team!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

They took care of us

Apr 13, 2021 - Great Company
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, rate of pay, culture

Cons

long hours, hectic, the clinic took care of ER and Urgent care patients but the facility wasn't equipped to handle the onslaught of people during the winter season. High stress work

Centura Health Response

Thanks for the review! We value your willingness to share about your positive experience working with us.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poor work/life balance, people are not important to this company

May 10, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, continuing education, tuition reimbursement, insurance, shift differentials

Cons

Management talks a lot to make it sound like they care but nothing actually changes (what is the point of those Glint surveys, anyway?). Staffing ratios are terrible (although wouldn’t actually be too bad if they ACTUALLY stuck to the ratios they claim rather than browbeating the charge RNs). Multiple people in supervisory positions guilt people for taking care of themselves if they call off, shamed for taking approved FMLA. Work/life balance is very difficult when being contacted on every day off to ask you to come in to work (why do you THINK people are calling off all the time?? It is EXHAUSTING working short-staffed all the time. Beef up your float pool, please.) Patients are not first for this system—money is. Bedside nursing has gotten worse and worse, but even more so with COVID. “Heroes work here” signs aren’t enough—find more staff and treat them like the commodity they are! Huge signing bonuses for RNs from the outside?? And why are you cutting physician pay to give the nurses bonuses? How about cutting ENTERPRISE pay to give bonuses? Your nurses, CNAs, doctors, respiratory, imaging techs, EVS, lab staff, telemetry—these are what keep your hospital going. These are the people helping make those profits. Don’t rob Peter to pay Paul and then wonder why it’s so hard to keep quality staff.

Centura Health Response

Hello, we regret to hear that you have had a negative experience working with us. We pride ourselves in our patient care, with numerous awards and accolades to support that and none of that could be possible without our incredible caregivers. While we are currently offering sign-on bonuses to new associates, we offer continuing career development regularly to our dynamic caregivers within the Centura Health system. As a non-profit health system; our priority is people. Please contact us by emailing CenturaCareers@Centura.org and we can get the details to move the conversation forward.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jun 13, 2021 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work yes.

Cons

None of the above for this.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mostly pros

May 11, 2021 - EVS Associate in Canon City, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people and environment were very supportive and nice. Nice lunch benefits. And a pretty relaxed atmosphere considering the stress involved. Pay was always just a little more of minimum wage in Colorado.

Cons

Stressful and very physically demanding. During part of my employment there, nepotism was an issue. But only for about half the time I was there. Frequently felt I wasn't paid enough for all that I did and how hard I worked to do a good job.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

OK, decent benefits

Jun 9, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Boulder, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, a bit slow in introducing new technology. Salary ok

Cons

Limited vacation, salary not great

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Apprenticeship Program

May 25, 2021 - Sterile Processing Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive Management Good pay for the field Apprenticeship Program is fantastic

Cons

Lack Luster response from HR about hostile workplace issues. ( nothing was ever done to resolve transphobic and political issues)

Centura Health Response

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive rating!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

May 28, 2021 - Patient Accounts Representative II in Centennial, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is not any pros

Cons

Lack of training and no opportunity to advance

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Float Pool CNA

May 11, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supervisor was understanding and cooperative Pay was good at $15.75 because of experience Float pool differential was an extra 1.25 Night was $2

Cons

Working float pool was a little overwhelming for me. They would switch me out from sitting and put me on the floor in the middle of the shift.

Centura Health Response

We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience. Thank you again for the opportunity to work with you!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

ED technician

Jun 13, 2021 - EMT-B
      Business Outlook

Pros

coworkers we great, that is what made the job good

Cons

management was subpar. over promise and under deliver

Viewing 1 - 10 of 749 Reviews