KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Centura Health

Engaged Employer

Centura Health

Add a Review

Centura Health Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated Dec 2, 2020

Found 18 of over 864 reviews

3.5
Centura Health CEO and President Peter D. Banko
Peter D. Banko
Pros
  • "Good benefits and opportunities for advancement(in 35 reviews)

• "Cohesive, proud, supportive work environment(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper Management does not care about improving processes(in 23 reviews)

• "Reorganizing management has led to high turnover recently(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Centura Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Mission focused employer

Jul 25, 2019 - Network Engineer in Centennial, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Focused on providing quality health care. Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

Reorganizing management has led to high turnover recently.

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive review! Our incredible team makes us so successful in delivering patient care.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Used to be good

Nov 14, 2020 - Various IT Positions in Centennial, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, coworkers are like family. PTO good after being there over 5 years.

Cons

Leadership is more concerned with how they look instead of their people. Certain leaders are protected by HR and those that speak out end up gone. PTO includes sick time and holiday pay. High turnover due to leadership and mass departures do not warrant investigation by HR. Most recent layoff cycle of 230+ employees was never reported to the media, and happened after forced PTO and then bonuses were given. Layoffs seemed to be personal and not in the best interest of the business.

3 people found this review helpful

Centura Health Response

We would like to look further into this situation. If you would like to discuss this matter, please contact us at centuracareers@centura.org

3. Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unethical Greedy Company That Overworks Employees

Dec 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management and the organization as a whole are so terrible employees came together to provide each other with words of encouragement

Cons

I was a fan of Centura prior to becoming a Centura Employee. Their practices are not in alignment with their mission statement. The company is extremely greedy and unethical. Employees were already overworked prior to the pandemic , but since then our workload has more than quadrupled. Managers are incompetent, and micromanage their staff. Leadership monitors bathroom breaks and even asks employees to consult with them if they need to spend extra time in the bathroom (absolutely unheard of and ridiculous). Department leaders are not investigated even after departments experience high turnover and they are also extremely unprofessional. This was a decent company to work for prior to their South Denver merge. Their lack of adequate staffing and forcing staff to cover multiple COVID areas on top of their current duties has caused a huge delay in patient care. As a patient I no longer come here, and I advise family members and friends to avoid Centura at all costs. It was unfortunate to see what was once a good company to work for turn into an unethical and greedy corporation that does not care about the health and well-being of employees and patients they claim to serve. Managers are spineless and lack interpersonal competency. Just an awful company to work for. I am glad I took my talents elsewhere.

Talent Acquisition

We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us and we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly. Thank you for leaving feedback. Please reach out to us at centuracareers@centura.org so we can work directly with you to resolve your concern.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Bad leaders prioritized over people and patients

Nov 25, 2020 - Various Positions At the Enterprise Level in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

High turnover creates opportunities to gain valuable experience to take elsewhere. Mid-level management and down is full of wonderful people who believe that their work directly impacts patients' lives. It's inspiring to be around them.

Cons

If you're not Adventist, there is definitely a glass ceiling. I'm surprised there are not more comments about this as it is well known and openly discussed. Certain positions are required to be filled with Adventists and other departments have quotas. This varies by facility and department but is very noticeable in the culture. Constant "hiring and promotion freezes" spanning years that do not apply to Adventists but are used to promise others promotions when the freeze ends and keep talent there without paying them appropriately. Leadership is more concerned with how they look and the next step in their careers than their people or patients. Certain leaders are protected by HR and those that speak out end up gone. This is so extreme that the leaders over supply chain and telehealth were forced to "leave Centura Health to pursue other opportunities" in the middle of a pandemic while volunteers were flooding to the corporate office at night ironing trash bags to make PPE and patients needed increased access to telehealth. Employees get PTO days which include sick time and holiday pay so if you start at the wrong time of year, you may have a negative PTO balance, just due to mandatory holidays (up to 11 a year while I've been here) for the first 9 months you are there. High turnover due to leadership and mass departures do not warrant investigation by HR. Most recent layoff cycle of 230+ employees was never reported to the media, and happened after forced PTO (more PTO than employees accumulate in a year after mandatory holidays, that pushed them to negative PTO balances) and then maximum bonuses were given. Layoffs seemed to be personal and not in the best interest of the business. Constant rounds of layoffs every 6 to 12 months for the last 4 years.

Centura Health Response

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further. Please contact us at centuracareers@centura.org

6. 1.0

Just go somewhere else

Oct 11, 2020 - Emergency Department Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Higher Pay than some competitors

Cons

Extremely high turnover, mandatory on call shifts, low morale.

Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your review and the opportunity to address your concerns. If you still have concerns, please contact CenturaCareers@Centura.org.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mediocre workplace at best

Sep 14, 2020 - Registered Nurse in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Co-workers -T 10 -bonus pay when their desperate

Cons

-New CNO and CEO every couple years -inconsistency with the “enterprise”(what they want is to call corporate) -extremely high turnover -unsafe staffing -uncaring upper management -Not enough training on what matters and too much training on corporate BS -showed their true colors during covid

Talent Acquisition Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. We are so grateful for our incredible caregivers and regret to hear your experience wasn't what you expected. We offer Nurse Residency Programs to our RNs to develop the skills they want for their career journey.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sprawling hospital network with low effort to standardize business practices leads to stress in billing departments

Nov 5, 2019 - Patient Access Coordinator in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Some wonderful colleagues with big hearts -State of the art facilities are nice, if you get to work there -Ambitious corporate strategies ... too ambitious

Cons

All the acquisitions and mergers mean facilities have their own pricing and local deals with their respective communities. Centralization of business functions has forced associates to catch up with practices of other facilities, rather than standardizing pricing across the corporation. Lots of inconsistencies from poor communication between facilities and departments. Patient access personnel were moved to non-ideal, poorly maintained sites. The following have improved somewhat: -Toxic micromanaging culture -Insufficient new hire training programs -Understaffed with high turnover -Low transparency and poor communication

Talent Acquisition

We are grateful that you took the time to bring this matter to our attention. We regret that you feel this way about your experience with us, and would value hearing more details from you. If you would like to discuss further, please contact CenturaCareers@Centura.org.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Centura is a horrible place to work!

Aug 20, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I found nothing good about working at Centura Health!

Cons

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY - this is a horrible place to work!!! High turnover & low pay! They micromanage their employees & can careless about the person. It is all about the dollars!! They have no idea how to manage people only to over work them & than tell them they are not doing enough or correctly! Never any praise!! NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK!!!!

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

We are grateful that you took the time to bring this matter to our attention, and regret that you feel this way about your experience with us. We would value hearing more details from you. If you would like to discuss further, please contact CenturaCareers@Centura.org.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Same old toxic nursing culture

Apr 29, 2019 - Registered Nurse in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice facilities, good quality equipment, decent patient ratios.

Cons

Same old unbearable toxic nursing culture, uncompetitive pay, very high turnover.

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We regret that you feel this way about your experience with us, and would value hearing more details from you. If you would like to discuss further, please contact CenturaCareers@Centura.org.

11. 4.0

Great company overall

Apr 9, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee wellness program, great culture, good benefits package with discounts for good health

Cons

Restructuring/changes, high turnover in some areas

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews