Century Support Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Century Support Services Chief Executive Officer Dan Frazier
Dan Frazier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful place to work"

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, positive working environment, potential for growth, benefits from the start, flexible work schedule, generous PTO policy. Just an all around great place to work. This is a company that makes the employee feel valued and where hard work is rewarded.

Cons

None that I can think of yet

2. "THE best company I have ever worked for!"

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, PTO, Flex Schedule, Friendliness

Cons

It has changed from less small business and more corporate business

Advice to Management

Change dress code to casual. WHY is it business casual when we are not external client facing? I work better when I'm in comfortable casual clothes.

3. "Define insanity?"

Current Employee - Negotiator in Irwin, PA
    Current Employee - Negotiator in Irwin, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid holidays, decent pto and hours

Cons

I’ve worked in other professional roles before and the lack of training and accountability is astonishing. Customer service training week 2 which are live calls with no Idea what your are doing and when you state that your told it’s your fault and talked down to. Trainer wants you to do off the clock work to catch up because your not getting everything she is saying. So at week two you are in training taking calls even though your a negotiator. No offer letter until the day of training so your left wondering if you should even give notice at the job I left. They also make you sign something saying they can take away your job and put you in another role whenever they feel like it. Trainer hinting at receiving gifts from last class hinting at wanting gifts from new class.These are all red flags with any employer.

Other jobs have you do online modules to learn. Help you out and are nice when something comes out you don’t understand. Also let’s you sit in decent office chairs during training. Not this place. Be ready for back pain.

Advice to Management

Don’t bait and switch people and take a look at what other company’s have done that’s been successful. I’m sticking it out but it’s a bad first impression. I feel like I’m getting hazed in a sorority. I want other people to know what to expect.
    There are other employers out there who actually pay better so don’t make me regret accepting the position. Let new hires take surveys on trainers.
    I am dissatisfied with lack of training and poor curriculum. I don’t know about the rest of the company as a whole yet so I can’t comment on that. I know the one negotiator I sat with taught me more in a half hour than this trainer did. That was the best impression I’ve gotten so far since I’m brand new and comparing this training to training with past employers is highly disappointing.
    Also off the clock work is illegal and can get you sued when your a hourly employee.

"Honest Review."

Current Employee - Account Manager - Negotiator in North Huntingdon, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager - Negotiator in North Huntingdon, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’m still relatively new (only a few months in) but this position has been good to me so far.

-Paid lunches
    -Set schedules (never work weekends unless you want to)
    -Overtime available if you want it
    -Bonuses at the end of each month
    -Being able to start work any time between 8am and 10am
    -For the most part - friendly management and colleagues
    -Well defined benefits and 401(k) are available
    -Relaxed dress code
    -Indepenence

Cons

-The base hourly rate does seem to be a bit low, but there’s potential to improve it
    -Being audited constantly can be a bit stressful in your first month or two, makes you feel like you’re making more mistakes than others
    -Some of us were told of a sign on/referral bonus when we were hired, but never received it.

Advice to Management

My biggest advice would be to work on your base hourly rate. I understand that we’re given bonuses based on the settlements that we complete, but we only receive that bonus once per month. It can make it difficult to manage expenses when we know the first check every month is going to be significantly low. Other than that, it’s a nice place to work and I’m happy with the friends I’ve made in my short time here.

5. "I loved it there"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntingdon, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntingdon, PA

I worked at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set schedule, Fantastic growth potential, professional but fun management

Cons

Sometimes stressful and very fast paced

6. "Negotiator"

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time

Pros

great starter job. good bonus pay

Cons

a little boring at times

"A company that truly cares for their employees."

Pros

Great company. Work hard and you will succeed, like anywhere, but here they go out of their way to care about employees. Management is fair and competent. Your voice does matter here and management does listen and ASKS for opinions.

Cons

Off the top of my head, there aren’t really any cons. Maybe more access to financial news related books or magazines in break areas? I don’t know, everything is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Continue to show your employees that you care and they will care!

"Best Decision I Ever Made!"

Current Employee - Negotiation Department
    Current Employee - Negotiation Department

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Great Pay (+ monthly bonuses). Fun People & Environment.

Cons

Business Casual Dress Code. If it was just Casual dress every day, since we are not client facing, I would have no other complaints. This is very minor anyways. Not something that would ever cause me to not like a company. But it would be awesome if it was a casual dress code.

Advice to Management

I love this company! I do not know how anyone could have anything bad to say about this company. They are so accommodating to everyone's needs. I have never worked for a company that is so concerned about all employee happiness. I have never felt unimportant here. I am still "young", in my 30's, but plan on staying here forever. I think some of the negative comments are from people who do not hold themselves accountable for their own faults. Century does not want people to fail. Century wants people to grow and they want to help every step of the way. I have worked hard since day one and I have been promoted 2x in under 2 years. December 2017 was my 2 year mark. I'll say it again, I LOVE CENTURY and all of my teammates here!

"Get in While you Can!"

Current Employee - Negotiator in Huntingdon, PA
    Current Employee - Negotiator in Huntingdon, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Co-workers are very friendly and management is very supportive and encouraging and actually has our backs in matters relating to creditors (which is nice because previous jobs i have worked, management usually didn't). The hours are great and the pay is very good once out of training. You have the opportunity to move up quickly as long as you perform (i was promoted 3 times in my first 9 months). Overall, i would say my time at Century so far has been nothing but awesome.

Cons

The pay during training could be better

"Great Place!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Liaison
    Current Employee - Customer Support Liaison

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Century going on two years and it is a great place to work! If you want to get promoted, it is clearly outlined how to get there with management that helps you reach your goals. I moved up in the company a little under a year and I continue to grow as an employee. Co-workers are like family and it's such a friendly environment.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like!

Advice to Management

keep encouraging employees and taking feedback