Century Support Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Century Support Services Chief Executive Officer Dan Frazier
Dan Frazier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A company that truly cares for their employees."

Pros

Great company. Work hard and you will succeed, like anywhere, but here they go out of their way to care about employees. Management is fair and competent. Your voice does matter here and management does listen and ASKS for opinions.

Cons

Off the top of my head, there aren’t really any cons. Maybe more access to financial news related books or magazines in break areas? I don’t know, everything is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Continue to show your employees that you care and they will care!

"Best Decision I Ever Made!"

Current Employee - Negotiation Department
    Current Employee - Negotiation Department

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Great Pay (+ monthly bonuses). Fun People & Environment.

Cons

Business Casual Dress Code. If it was just Casual dress every day, since we are not client facing, I would have no other complaints. This is very minor anyways. Not something that would ever cause me to not like a company. But it would be awesome if it was a casual dress code.

Advice to Management

I love this company! I do not know how anyone could have anything bad to say about this company. They are so accommodating to everyone's needs. I have never worked for a company that is so concerned about all employee happiness. I have never felt unimportant here. I am still "young", in my 30's, but plan on staying here forever. I think some of the negative comments are from people who do not hold themselves accountable for their own faults. Century does not want people to fail. Century wants people to grow and they want to help every step of the way. I have worked hard since day one and I have been promoted 2x in under 2 years. December 2017 was my 2 year mark. I'll say it again, I LOVE CENTURY and all of my teammates here!

"Get in While you Can!"

Current Employee - Negotiator in Huntingdon, PA
    Current Employee - Negotiator in Huntingdon, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Co-workers are very friendly and management is very supportive and encouraging and actually has our backs in matters relating to creditors (which is nice because previous jobs i have worked, management usually didn't). The hours are great and the pay is very good once out of training. You have the opportunity to move up quickly as long as you perform (i was promoted 3 times in my first 9 months). Overall, i would say my time at Century so far has been nothing but awesome.

Cons

The pay during training could be better

"Great Place!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Liaison
    Current Employee - Customer Support Liaison

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Century going on two years and it is a great place to work! If you want to get promoted, it is clearly outlined how to get there with management that helps you reach your goals. I moved up in the company a little under a year and I continue to grow as an employee. Co-workers are like family and it's such a friendly environment.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like!

Advice to Management

keep encouraging employees and taking feedback

"Actually LOVE my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwin, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwin, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Century a little over a year and really love my job. The environment is friendly and uplifting. The job itself is explained and trained very well. It is rewarding to help others with their debt resolution. I look forward to work, not many folks have that kind of job! The benefits are wonderful and start day one. I cannot say enough great things about working here! Highly recommend!

Cons

I really see no cons to working here. Management is more than approachable and considerate to any issues and or suggestions. The only thing that would make me happier here would be bringing my dog to work with me.

Advice to Management

Always listen to your employees. It makes work wonderful and is appreciated.

"Century is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Service Support Specialist in Irwin, PA
    Current Employee - Service Support Specialist in Irwin, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a 10 year veteran employee, I can honestly say Century is one of the best places I have ever worked at. They care very much about their employees, as well as all of their clients. Any issues large or small are always taken care of quickly and fairly.

Century is a fast growing company, and they promote from within as often as possible. Their are tons of opportunities available for advancement into other departments or even to grow in your current department.

Cons

I have no cons to share about Century at this time. Any issues can most always be worked out by speaking to a Manager, or Human Resources, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the active communication with employees.

"Perfectly Happy!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Irwin, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Irwin, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked with Century for a little over a year and the company has more than lived up to all of its promises. From the interview process, to day 1, to day 365, I have consistently felt valued as an employee and I couldn't possibly ask for more!

Cons

None! If I got an offer to work somewhere else, I wouldn't accept! Century is the place I intend to retire from

"The Real Century"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntingdon, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntingdon, PA

I worked at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Any half decent company will give you what they have.

Cons

When I first began at Century I felt as it was an amazing company to work for (I worked there for just over a year as an account manager). Everyone was helpful, kind, caring and genuine. Well that was all smoke and mirrors. I honestly feel naive forever thinking Century was a great place to work. Not only is everyone two faced employees, managers and HR. HR being they will receive a complaint about a manager and do nothing about it. They will just cover it up like nothing happened or the employee is over reacting. Even though an employee genuinely feels that way. They are greedy selfish and will cover up any complaint or disagreement they can. You are unable to be sick or take a vacation (because they will take your clients and give them to another account manager) because managers are only concerned about hitting their bonus. So if you do not feel like getting paid for a month then you are free to take a vacation or a day off. If you are on your death bed sick even with a doctor’s excuse (nope too bad another account manager is taking you clients because you are behind for the month). Not to mention you are getting “points” against you for being sick or clocking in 3 minutes late to work (yes 3 minutes late will get you a half of a point , even if your computer wont load).

They give you an estimated salary of 42k a year (which is nowhere near enough to deal with the amount of work and stress). That is if you are in the highest bracket (performance) they pay and can hit your bonus each month. By the way you will be stuck in a lower if not the (training) bracket for at least 6 months (if not more) which is 11$ and hour and 100% of your goal is only 600$ you do the math. They also play favorites if you are essentially a “brown noser” you will get anything you want a great cliental list, if there is an argument over who’s account it is that “brown noser” will win. I’m not the type of person to “brown nose”. I come in every day work non-stop I have a problem with being bored I cannot sit there or be on my phone I must be constantly busy. So when I am able to see the “favorites” mess around all month because they know they are going to hit their goal it is demoralizing. I honestly don’t think I have ever been more miserable going into a job as I have been over the past few months. They just give broken promises constantly and set you up for failure because they are unable to address the issues that prohibit us to hit our goals. I have told my manager about issues for months. She then proceeds to tell her manager, and nothing is done about it just sweeps it under the rug because it doesn’t affect his bonus. Century say’s the clients are the most important thing about the company…from the debt settlement side that is untrue. All they care about is the amount of debt you settled in a month because that is what the managers bonus off of and show profitability which is important but not what their “values” are. Their values are Trust, Experience and Integrity. Trust- on the debt settlement side of things (account manager) I would never trust anyone. As soon as a manager or other negotiator (account manager) has the opportunity to take advantage of a situation they will. Experience-Not one single manager on the debt settlement side has any clue how to run a corporation or business (that is why they have had to re-brand themselves at least 3 times from PIFF, ect) the same managers have been in place. Integrity-They never will do something in the client best interest. They just want to show profitability (hence if it is a terrible settlement) century job is to tell them it is a great one and to take it just to put up numbers. The account managers will take any settlement they can (which isn’t their fault because we struggle for settlements and that 90% of our paycheck and account managers need to feed their families and pay bills). Nothing is in the client best interest. They are just greedy, money hungry and have no moral or values. On the debt settlement side of things these are the most disgusting people I have ever worked for in my entire life. Any job that pays 14$ an hour or more please take. You will honestly be so much happier.

Advice to Management

Find new jobs preferably not in management.

Century Support Services Response

Apr 25, 2018 – Director of Marketing

Century strives for company-wide open communication. We welcome current and former employees to reach out to leadership with any issues or concerns they may have. To correctly address an issue, we... More

9. "Professional Real Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwin, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwin, PA

I worked at Century Support Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours , Benefits , Nice co workers

Cons

Pay
    No dedicated vacation time only PTO
    Training lack there of
    Unprofessional Management
    Subpar Technology

Advice to Management

Learn from criticism and mistakes.

Century Support Services Response

Apr 25, 2018 – Director of Marketing

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irwin, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irwin, PA

I have been working at Century Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Century is a very friendly & family like atmosphere. You are recognized for the work that you have accomplished, and everyone is always there to help you if need be. Managers are very helpful & understandable. Honestly, the best job I have ever had, & I can’t wait to see where my career will take me within Century. The building is being renovated, & looks wonderful. Anything you need is supplied to you, you don’t have to bring anything from home (unless you want to). The dress code is very laid back,which is a plus. The harder you work, the better you bonus. We have monthly company meetings, which gets us to know other people and what’s going on within Century. BEST PLACE TO WORK !!!!!!!

Cons

Might need more parking spaces, since the company is growing. But other than that, I don’t see anything wrong with Century !