CenturyLink "customer service" Reviews | Glassdoor

CenturyLink Employee Reviews about "customer service"

Updated 29 Jul 2019

2.9
CenturyLink CEO Jeff Storey
Jeff Storey
Pros
Cons
  • "Also there is not much room for growth UNLESS you are close friends with upper management(in 122 reviews)

• "Falling flat on basic customer service(in 73 reviews)

Reviews about "customer service"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Structure Loader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The knowledge of keeping up with a constantly changing industry.

Cons

The different ways of achieving their goals with cut backs in customer service .

Advice to Management

n/a

CenturyLink2017-10-25

"Great job but the company as a whole could use some guidance"

Current Employee - Dispatcher

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay and benefits Work environment

Cons

Customer service is pretty bad Management seems somewhat disconnected from reality in certain areas

Advice to Management

Customer care should be top priority, a big weakness the company has in my opinion would be the care department. Not a lot of competent people there and the customers are the ones suffering because of it. Also I feel your forecasting department could use work, Technicians are getting overloaded with carried over work which is causing more and more misses all while other customers are cutting in line getting due... dates overridden for sooner due dates, everything snowballs from there.

CenturyLink2019-07-30
  3. "Treated well"

Current Employee - Business Tech in Madison, WI

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well paid. Excellent experience. And stuff.

Cons

Disorganized upper management. Falling flat on basic customer service.

Advice to Management

Fix the simple things and go from there.

CenturyLink2019-03-19

"Please think twice.."

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CenturyLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worst company I have ever worked for. Made up lies, bullied and pressured employees into business practices that steals from hard working Americans. Constant lies to customer. If your a consumer yourself a favor and never purchase there product or services.

Cons

This place is a con. They lie about commissions. Tell you lies to force you into having daily activity that looks good but doesn’t equate to actual sales. They spoon feed individuals they like, and call it a sale. Please do yourself a favor and never work for centurylink small business. If your already a business customer you know the inner workings of the worst customer service experience you ever experienced.... Never worked for a company wher 7/10 current customers hate the sales and service experience and regret signing the contract or they were the only service in the area.

Advice to Management

There was one manager that actually knew what he was doing and he finally got the right idea and left the small business department. I would give this place a negative 1000/1000. I wouldn’t waste my energy of the likes of the management team. I’m doing this so people don’t make the mistake for working for the worst company in the space of technology.

CenturyLink2019-04-08

"Company Gone Off the Rails. Unsalvageable with Current Executives"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at CenturyLink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working from home for some groups.

Cons

After working nearly 6 years for Centurylink I can say it is in steep decline. -Each process is a comedy of errors, extremely contradictory, doesn't work, is poorly executed, has no training included when rolled out, and not even a semblance of accountability when things go wrong. -The CEO and the VP's of the sales organization do not know what they are doing and are not showing any interest in improving the... motivation, energy, and roadblocks to sales success. There is an extreme air of arrogance that taints them, and it shows with the stock reaching the lowest level in 25 years and most of the top sales talent has fled the company! -Many critically important systems are continually made worse by some random department that is trying to justify their job. They try to replace something that is working perfectly fine. If it's not broke, don't fix it! -Compensation is a complete and utter disaster. As a high performing sales rep each year I deserve to get paid what i'm worth. The current CEO and leadership does not believe in compensating you a fair salary or commission, thus it's a disaster. The compensation plan has taken a major and game changing turn for the worse in 2019, but in 2018 it was far worse than previous years as well. **Additionally** There is constant and big mistakes made on commissions where they do not pay you for the sale you made because the bad sales reporting systems do not pick up the sale, thus causing you to wait months longer to get paid what you earned and having to waste a lot of time and energy trying to correct the problem, since they will not proactively do it for you! -Note of extreme caution to any talented seller thinking about joining the company: I have far exceeded my quota each year I've been with Centurylink and they have not given me a salary raise in over two years and the CEO Jeff Storey announced himself that he doesn't believe in merit raises or even bonuses! how insulting is that? -Customer service is beyond horrendous--The customers do in fact have a right to complain, and it's far worse than even they think. I have constantly witnesses extremely incompetent service by project coordinators, customer service, billing departments, and other sales teams that dramatically undercut any claims this company has of excellence or values. Internal sales employees can't even get straight answers from order entry and install teams. It's a complete joke and it's baffling how this company is even in operation at this point.(seriously) -Management, whether intentionally or not, engages in gaslighting. There is constant twists and distortions in reality. We are told one thing and then within an hour the same thing is refuted or proven to be untrue by another manager or department, and are threatened if you don't follow a debunked policy or rule. -There is definite and noticeable change in energy in the last year that is pessimistic, negative, and de-motivational for the sales organization. Everyone knows it, but not one leader anywhere is doing anything to address it. Total abdication of leadership and responsibility. It's almost as if they're intentionally trying to get people to resign en-masse.

Advice to Management

The CEO, CFO, and most of the Level 3 sales VP's must resign. You are part of problem, and you must realize the majority of people at Centurylink do not like you and do not approve of you or the job you're doing. You can't destroy the compensation plan, install huge roadblocks to selling, ruin processes and expect self-respecting and successful sellers to want to continue to sell your product, as it becomes a... liability eventually to even do so

CenturyLink2019-03-24

"No wonder there is such a bad reputation"

Current Employee - Customer Order Resolution Representative

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits, You do learn a lot about the telecom industry

Cons

Lack of career development, lack of quality customer service, NO customer obsession,

Advice to Management

Instead of trying to find ways to keep customer's money, become customer obsessed.

CenturyLink2019-01-29

"Las Vegas Operations Only"

Former Employee - Operations Management in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CenturyLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Still have a paycheck. They still have some customers however COX is getting most of them back residential and business. A few good Supervisors and Field Techs are still there.

Cons

Poor management within residential and business operations. Reason they let most of their seasoned customer service professionals go during a the merger with Level 3. OUCH! Some walked out the door without notice same day. Most of the employees still there say it's worse than ever before. Promoting current Field Techs into OPS management that have no business managing people because they could never manage... their own workload and or provide customer service just arguing with their previous supervisor / manager Im going home you can't force me to work, no one is forcing you just need finish the task your currently working so the customer has service today, I feel sick Im going home Union Field Tech. Accountability for managers that do not meet their goals a complete joke within business operations just ask a few of their business customers getting slimmer by the day. The business sales team can never be trusted Lucky Dragon was a perfect example total sales masterminds that are incompetent and hostile. Even when you try to save them from themselves daily. Unifying Principles are a total joke in NEVADA, I cannot speak to other states.

Advice to Management

What is the status of PRISM TV or VOD ? Where is the FIBER going ? Is Managed Office still a complete drop ship disaster ? What's the business plan for 2019 and beyond ?

CenturyLink2018-12-01

"Se. Relationship Managwr inside sales"

Senior Relationship Manager in Apopka, FL

I worked at CenturyLink for more than a year

Pros

Great commission, and benefit package.

Cons

Training does not prepare you for the job and everyday duties. Managers are no help. No customer service you are required to take on roles that are not under your title.

Advice to Management

Get real trainers! Real hands on training.

CenturyLink2018-11-06
  9. "Customer Sales and Servixe Associate"

Former Employee - CSSA in Boise, ID

I worked at CenturyLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Waged and benefits are union negotiated, naturally pretty good.

Cons

Extremely Dale's heavy environment, with littlw emphasis on actual customer service. Stress runs high, due to the fact your job is forfeit should you not meet quotas.

Advice to Management

Focus on the needs of the employees and the customers first. Do this and sales are likely to get better and easier.

CenturyLink2018-09-17
  10. "Customer service representative"

I worked at CenturyLink full-time

Pros

Nice benefits. My supervisor was Great.

Cons

They started to focus too much on sales to a point that if you did not get the quota every month you would lose your job no matter how good you were at your job. Towards the end and why I left, I felt like a used car person not a customer service rep.

Advice to Management

Focus on customer service and not so much on upselling to make your customers happy and not have your employees worrying every month if they will have a job.

CenturyLink2018-08-19