Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

1,069 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is great work/life balance (in 126 reviews)

• Love that there is an option to work from home (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 55 reviews)

• Lots of favoritism from upper management (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Provides a rewarding environment for top talent, creating a culture of making work life better!"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cutting edge products, inspired leaders, employee-centric, leaders that walk the walk. It's the multigenerational and highly diverse people that translate our leader's vision into a unique product that is transforming every single client. This is now an essential global company that will touch everyone!

Cons

Transformation can be a challenge if you're not a change-agent, you must be agile and embrace a trust-culture. If you're looking to take a passive role this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on why we're here. Do the hard work still needed to remove layers, flatten and right-size. Continue to be an inspiration for employees to make an impact every day.

2. "Honestly, I love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like most companies, Ceridian isn't for everyone. There are going to be some people who don't love it, but I've been here for 5+ years and I do! You always know where you stand, what's expected of you, and you absolutely have the help and support to produce great work. There are no secrets here - the leadership is great, the goals are clear, and we are heading in a very positive direction. I find those that don't like it here expect things to be done for them. That's not who we are - if you want it, you can be successful here. Honestly. I absolutely recommend all my friends.

Cons

The benefits are average but they are still there and perfectly acceptable. The time off is great, pretty flexible, and we do have 401k match.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the brand new employee. Start them off on a really positive track right away

"Awesome company"

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is emerging as a true leader in the HCM space. This 80 year old company had turned around under the leadership of David Ossip. Harnessing the experience of veterans in the industry while pushing the envelope with a new product like DAYFORCE is no easy feat but we have managed to blend the best of both worlds.

Cons

You have to have a growth mindset to be happy here. We are moving and changing at a very fast pace. Tree huggers need not apply.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on customers and culture and we will win.

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Management listens, the product is awesome, customer support is now something to be proud of!

Cons

There is really not a con

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going

5. "Evolution!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Ceridian for several years and have seen a LOT of changes, good and bad, including management. Current management is very progressive so there is finally a means for career growth.

Cons

The comradrie in some departments amongst fellow employees is not what it used to be.

Advice to Management

Remain open and aware .........

6. "Accounts Receivable Analyst"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, advancement opportunities.

Cons

poor management, poor communication throughout the company

Advice to Management

better incentives and training/growth opportunities

7. "Director"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The fast pace of the company growth. The talented people I have the pleasure of working with every day. The culture and focus on work life balance.

Cons

None - I love my job and the people I work with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Innovative or Copy Cat?"

I worked at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many talented, experienced employees with creative ideas, and a strong desire to provide a great customer experience.

Cons

As Steve Jobs was quoted “It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do”. This is the Dayforce culture; A dictatorship.

Advice to Management

Engage your employees to generate truly innovative ideas versus copying Amazon’s Alexa product and calling it Dayforce Voice. #embarrassing

"Large Market Implementation is a mess"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant

I worked at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think Ceridian was once a company that valued it's employees, however that is definitely not felt in the implementation sector.
    There are some really hard working, great people and if you can get in to the right team I think this could be a great place to work.

Cons

These comments are specific to the Dayforce Large Market Implementation group. If you are solid performer with a strong work ethic, you will be rewarded with unrealistic expectations, being pulled in way too many directions, travel demands made at the last minute.
    The main leadership of this group wants you to be afraid of them and also maintains a small circle of favorites. It is a very bizarre culture in this group.
    I cannot stress enough that you will experience A LOT of talk about culture and work life balance but it is truly just that, all talk. Expect to work 55+ hours a week regularly and then questioned by management on why you are charging so many hours.
    Vacations very frequently need to be cancelled and you are expected to still take calls
    There is also a huge problem with them not promoting people to Senior level and yet asking those people to mentor new hires who are brought on as senior level consultant.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the turnover you have had in LM Implementation that you have had over the past few years and ask yourselves why are you losing strong, well qualified people?

10. "Hurricane Irma"

Current Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that showed the level of support and concern for their employees that Ceridian does. During Hurricane Irma, leadership made sure that all employees could take the time to prepare. Fuel shortages started before the storm, so work from home was also used liberally. After the storm, leadership contacted all employees to make sure they were safe, offered to pay for hotel rooms if needed and expanded our healthcare coverage. What class acts! Thanks in particular to Lisa Sterling and her team!

Cons

There are no cons that I can mention.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - it is a privilege to work here!

Showing 1,069 of 1,079 reviews