Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • Tons of flexibility for work/life balance (in 104 reviews)

• Love that there is an option to work from home (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Not enough women in upper management positions (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Leaders that care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having worked in other companies prior to Ceridian, I can only appreciate the leadership team that is consistently walking the talk, seeking for feedback and doing something with the feedback. The working environment at Ceridian, embraces employees of all ages, of all generations and drives a culture of performance and of passion of the customer and the employees. Ceridian is poised for a vibrant future that I want to be part of !

Cons

Coping with the fast growth is a challenging task. Requiring to keep balance with the present and the fast pacing future has its challenges.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

"Ceridian"

Current Employee - Senior Learning Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Learning Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What a pleasure it is to work for a company who actually integrates and behaves true to their core values and mission. The culture is one of the best and the organization cares about their employees with fantastic benefits and programs. Ceridian also contributes greatly to charity and the communities in which they work. I feel like management listens and cares about what I have to say and there are plenty of career opportunities and growth.

Cons

No major cons to report

"Excellent place to work because..."

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Starting with the people - an amazing team with a true open door policy from the top down - to the environment which fosters collaboration and drives for quality to the brand promise - Makes Work Life Better - this company walks the walk.

Cons

None - seriously there are no cons to working at Ceridian

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible benefits and work policies allow employees to excel at work and not feel guilty about having a life outside of work.

Customer growth providing many new career opportunities.

Cons

Lots of growth = lots of work! :)

Advice to Management

transparency & communication have become core strengths, keep it up!

"Great place to work & a great company with which to partner!"

Current Employee - Retail HCM Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Retail HCM Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At a time and place in my life where I don't have to work, I choose to do so because of Ceridian's culture, leadership, corporate values and customer focus. Ceridian offers a flexible work environment providing me the tools to be successful regardless of physical work location. This flexibility in work location and hours is priceless to me. Our leaders from front line management to our CEO are approachable, professional, transparent, knowledgeable, genuine, invested, honest, helpful and dedicated to our brand promise of Makes Work Life Better. It's not just a corny tag line here. It's what everyone strives for both for our customers and ourselves. Really. And finally, I characterize Ceridian as a service driven company. Sales are important but secondary. And that's why in this incestuous industry, I've never worked for a competitor, and I never will.

Cons

When Ceridian acquired Dayforce and their CEO became ours, we had some growing pains, which were to be expected. However, within a year or so, we went from two very different companies to a unified company. That unification has continued to develop, and the energy and excitement at our recent Sales Kickoff Meeting was amazing.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on our core values and the success will follow.

"Ceridian Saint Petersburg"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Ceridian for 4+ years and I have difficulty thinking about working anywhere else. We have a great campus and an incredible group of 600+ employees. I have growth opportunities in multiple departments of sales, marketing, business development, product management, customer support and customer service. With a culture that attracts and retains Millennials, Gen X, and Boomers, it is a great place to work. We have announced plans for an IPO in the foreseeable future.

Cons

Ceridian has a good total package. Our compensation is aimed to be in the middle. We are not a top tier salary company and we don't pay at the bottom. If money is the only driver, keep looking.

Advice to Management

You're doing well. Keep it up

"AWESOME COMPANY IN MANY WAYS"

Current Employee - Finnce Director in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Finnce Director in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee engagement, culture and work life balance is exceptional.

Cons

None, I highly recommend the company to anyone

Advice to Management

keep up the good job

"Great things are happening in St. Pete!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Education in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Education in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ceridian's St. Pete operations are a hidden gem in the Tampa Bay area corporate community. Easy to access. Nice campus. Great people - everyone is helpful and glad to be here. We're one of a number of locations of Ceridian HCM and we're growing. Ceridian's HCM technology has been fully embraced by the market. Our St. Pete campus has multiple functions - sales, product management, implementation, support. And the location is convenient to St. Pete, downtown Tampa, and south to Bradenton.

Cons

Pace of growth creates an ongoing sense of urgency that some people find a bit overwhelming.

"Fun, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Fast-paced, growing technology company with a lot of career opportunity, both for current employees and those looking to join the organization

- Work culture is fantastic; game room, fitness center, fun at work events to build collaboration across the organization, opportunities to participate in activities outside of the day-to-day job

- Management support employee development and career progression in the organization

- New ideas on how to get work done are encouraged

Cons

- The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance

Advice to Management

- Continue to make yourself present and an active participant in company activities, i.e. Town Halls, fun at work events, etc. The opportunity for front line employees to engage with Management is appreciated.

11. "Ceridian Makes Work Life Better"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ceridian's promise to its clients is to make work life better, but I must say this also seems to be the goal of the company in general. I worked at some major companies in my lifetime IBM, ADP, Paychex but I have never been with a company like Ceridian! They are constantly making my job easier to do. We have one of the best products on the market called Dayforce and every department is involved in helping to make this the best offering possible.

A few other reasons why I think Ceridian is great:
    1.) Great benefits
    2.) Room to GROW, tons of upward mobility.
    3.) Everyone is eager to help you succeed.
    4.) Exciting inovations are constantly happening internally.

Cons

The biggest con I would say is in my division most people don't look at Ceridian as a software company, we are still perceived as a payroll company. This can inhibit our sales process however with our marketing team in full force this has really started to change.