Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 52 reviews)

• Not enough women in upper management positions (in 25 reviews)

1. "Good benefits"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good coworkers, nice campus.

Cons

Minimal training, senior managers don't care.

2. "Ceridian Makes Work Life Better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our way is one of the best initiatives the company has started. We have fun at work and employees really are involved in being invested in the company. Communication is much better and our company is consistently growing with MyDayforce.

Cons

Salary. Increase salary for employees that are on the lower end quicker. Everyone who has been here for over five years should be in the middle of their salary range.

"really like my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the flex schedule, I have a supportive manager and love the fast-paced environment

Cons

if you don't like fast-paced ever changing environment, Ceridian is not the place for you

Advice to Management

keep up the good work and keep sharing company updates

4. "Work Experience"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible, Customer and Employee Care, Open Communications

Cons

Silo communications and work among groups and departments

Advice to Management

continue open communication policy to all employees

5. "Work in progress"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst III in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst III in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, Management is supportive of your goals verbally and training wise. However if there are opportunities its up to you to connect to them. I think the manager should have a unique view of there employees and be able to assist with a road map for these changes. Meaning the manager is the experienced person with the connections to link you with the people to get you in the dept/position you want to be in.

Cons

Some of the application is to large to make it flow with the rest of the application.

Advice to Management

Mentor closer, make more directional recommendations and open a pathway to make sure the employee has a lane to walk.

"Lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, lots of interesting work to be done. You have the ability to take on more than your job description allows if you're willing an eager. Lots of flexibility to work remotely, good work-life balance.

Cons

A lot of people have been with the company for a long time and are set in their ways, even when there is a better solution to a problem. The company is also fairly siloed and it is difficult to work cross-functionally at times. The benefit plans and incentives are skewed more toward people with tenure/kids - there isn't much focus on retaining earlier career professionals.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for young career professionals, including clear career tracks and communicating what is expected of those who wish to advance.

"Ceridian"

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst/Team Lead (HRIS) in Norcross, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable company to work for, very big on training. Generous benefits plans. Office environment very pleasant, employees are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Blackout period during Christmas holiday season, expected to work additional hours sometimes 10 hrs each day! Can be stressful and chaotic at times.

Advice to Management

Management varies. My first manager was great, allowed for creativity and team bonding, encouraged enhancing your skillet, very hands on (2002), my second manager was also a pleasure to work for, very engaging, promoted team spirit, my final manager played favorites and I was not one of his.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Director in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Tech company culture, lots of flexibility, good balance of work and personal time, company is in growth mode.

Cons

Always in cost-cutting mode, limited upward mobility for more senior people. There seems to be two sets of rules, one for the Dayforce group and one for the legacy products group.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone accountable for the same set of rules.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Ceridian is still transforming itself into more of a tech company. Doing pretty good. Management supports employees. More transparent then in the past. Still a bit bureaucratic.

Cons

Still no company equity plan for employees. There is one for Managers and executive staff. Not as forthcoming with product technical specs as I'm used to.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in New Albany, IN

Pros

I work remotely, as a virtual Implementation Consultant. I love what I do. It is difficult but rewarding!

Ceridian is aware of employee work life balance and keeps this in mind when trying to make process updates.

Cons

Because I am virtual, I do not always get a chance to meet many people on my team, however I must add that the company has made huge strides to bridge this gap. I love the opportunities being a virtual employee has provided me.

The process is constantly changing, however the company is working hard to make sure that the process is changing for the good of the company and the employee. You must be adaptable in this business!

Advice to Management

Remember: You may have virtual employees, but they need a chance to meet everyone else on the team so that they can mesh. Creating annual meetings to bring your team together goes a long way. My manager did this last year and it created a cohesiveness withing the team. We work so well together.

Showing 256 of 1,026 reviews