Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 22, 2017
1,011 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,011 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • work life balance as you have the ability to work from home (which is sometimes needed with the workload) (in 114 reviews)

• Love that there is an option to work from home (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Not enough women in upper management positions (in 25 reviews)

1. "Great experience, just a little overstructured"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, very friendly and approachable management and flexible environment. Good training setup for the most part with several tools to help you succeed

Cons

A little too structured. If you want to move in the company, it could take a VERY long time simply because of the way it's structured. Someone would likely need to retire regardless of merit. Good problem to have as a company but a little demotivating as an employee

Advice to Management

Work on realistic career paths for employees. Good process now but could be better with more reasonable timelines

"Join the revolution!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is amazing how much the Ceridian / Dayforce Nation is taking over the industry by storm. The performance bar has raised. The culture has changed. This place gets better every quarter.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to deal with a new culture and new change. Sometimes the detractors need to go work somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the vision and appreciating the folks that will help you get there. Don't slow down, speed up!

3. "Exciting, dynamic environment with lots of opportunity!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's amazing and energetic to be at a company of this size and tenure, yet have the feel of a startup. There has been a sea change in culture, focus and opportunity in the past five years and we continue to track towards the goal transforming this 70+ year old company into a 100% pure-play cloud-based HCM company that is leading the market.

Cons

The stresses of growth and transformation can be uncomfortable for those who have not made this journey before. Those who feel overwhelmed by the process need to remember that they are part of something special and that accomplishments of this size do not come without some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in messaging and do it often. Transparency is the key to keeping everyone on board with the vision.

4. "Just keeps getting better!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The transformation story is fantastic. We've built an amazing, industry leading product and completely transformed the culture and the business. Seeing what has been accomplished in just a few short years, the future looks very, very bright.

Cons

As with any transformation, there are still some employees that liked it the way it was and are struggling to adapt to the new culture. They will need to either get on board or move on.

Advice to Management

Keep making the company and the product better. FOCUS on what matters and keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The strength of an organization with 85 year old roots with the agility and vision to be the leading edge HCM organization provides a compelling environment for success!

Cons

If you are aligned with the very successful HCM lines of business there aren't any downsides. Reduced focus on tangent lines of business has resulted in some workforce populations being divested form Ceridian over the years.

Advice to Management

Continue driving a culture of commitment to customer satisfaction and transparency. Ceridian HCM is on a great path and will remain the industry leader.

6. "MOVING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There's never a shortage of growth opportunities in the almost 9 years I've been with Ceridian. Very encouraging and helpful with career development. I consistently have had access to quality benefits, solid entitlements, and a competitive salary. Most importantly, Ceridian has constantly evolved to stay ahead of the market. It's an exciting place to work as we revolutionize HCM!

Cons

If you're not up for a fast paced work environment, not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging personal growth and allowing for new opportunities. This is such a critical component to keep people long term.

7. "Ceridian Makes Work Life Better"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly engaged employees. All levels of management are open to feedback regardless of the employee title. I feel supported by my leadership team. Company is truly focused on making the employee experience better

Cons

Better partnership across business units are sometimes difficult however leadership is working aggressively to address this issue

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on driving employee engagement and creating a environment that foster positive interactions across business units

8. "Great people, great products, great environment!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started 3 weeks ago and am blown away by the atmosphere here. Everyone is focused on the goal and everyone pulls together to get there. Absolutely the most top notch group of people anywhere. Ceridian has been focusing on hiring top talent and giving them a place to thrive - and it shows!

Cons

Can't think of a single one.

Advice to Management

Keep on truckin'!

9. "Compensation Analyst"

Current Employee - Compensation Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Compensation Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, excellent benefits, career development opportunities, large focus of executives and management on employee well being. Offices are engaging for employees (fitness centers in some locations, walking treadmills and game rooms). Activities such as the women's network help you network with others within the company that you might not work with on a day to day basis.

Cons

Requires adaptability for a fast paced industry

Advice to Management

Excellent career development support from management. Management recognizes and rewards employees.

10. "I love Ceridian!"

Current Employee - CSM in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - CSM in Florence, SC

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Ceridian for three years and continue to love working here. I am encouraged to do my best for my clients, have opportunities to try new things and never get bored!

Cons

Change is constant - if you don't like change then Ceridian may not be the right fit for you.

Showing 1,011 of 1,018 reviews