Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor

Ceridian Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Tons of flexibility for work/life balance (in 104 reviews)

• Love that there is an option to work from home (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Not enough women in upper management positions (in 23 reviews)

"Unrealistic expectations"

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is great to work with, lots of friendly and helpful people.

Cons

The systems are too complex. Documentation and training can't accurately tell you what a setting does and ALL the ways it impacts the outcome. Training focuses on simplistic situations which rarely happen in reality. Getting assistance on the system is difficult to impossible. The siloed nature of support and how focused they are tend to close cases - way past SLA - because it doesn't fit a narrow parameter or is filled out perfectly (and without guidance/templates on how to complete tickets). Everyone is stressed out and overworked. The plan for staffing teams (in general as well as to support clients) is poor considering the workload and what is expected. One person does the job of five compared to another company. We work every weekend, most holidays, and long days - there is no work life balance. When our time off is approved (rarely) it often needs to be canceled at the last minute due to a client need because there is no backup. We are expected to work when sick - even from the Emergency Room! You get pigeon holed into one role, regardless of previous experience with other areas; promotions are rare and difficult. Changing roles is almost impossible. Company does not use normal business practices regarding performance issues and will fire with no notice or attempts to train/improve. Turnover is very high, hiring is slow which increases the burden on remaining employees.

Advice to Management

Staff better. Train better. Allocate resources better. Be realistic in what one person can do. Be realistic that we are human and need to eat/sleep/spend time with our families. Respect us as people. Be more transparent. Follow through on promises made.

"New Culture at Ceridian is all about high performance teams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Alamitos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Alamitos, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

I've been at Ceridian for almost 2 years now and I can't tell you how thrilled I am about the tremendous turnaround in culture and talent and product here. The executives are real people who are committed to winning and high performance. Things are done fairly and with clarity and integrity and the company results speak for themselves. (Just wait until we are public to share our tremendous growth story with the world). With new executive leadership, the company has rallied the troops into the direction of being a leader in global HCM cloud computing with committed customer and engaged employees. I am given meaningful work with purpose and tons of autonomy to get it done the best way I see possible. My ideas have impact, and my contributions are rewarded. Can't think of a better work environment and team of HCM professionals to do it with.

Cons

As a private company not many people know about us and we have to work extra hard to get our story out and message out. Being in a high growth company where you are transitioning things fast means that you are going to step on toes at times with the folks who tend to resist change. The changes have been fast and very impactful for the company and our culture.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on execution and continue to reward the contributors to the overall company success. Make every employee an owner and a shareholder going forward. Improve the 401K match to encourage employees to save for retirement and vest with the company.

"Customer Support Technical Specialist III"

Former Employee - Customer Support Technical Specialist III in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Technical Specialist III in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ceridian Provides work- life balance for their employees.

Cons

There were few advancement opportunities.

"Too much constant change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer flexibility with working from home, or split between office and home. Dayforce is a very configurable system, clients like it.

Cons

Change every day. I understand that it's good to evolve as a company but new processes seem to be rolling out weekly, before you even had a chance to get a handle on the previous week. There are so many internal systems to access for information it makes it overwhelming and time consuming to find anything. Training on the new processes is brief and confusing.

Advice to Management

I know you're excited to roll stuff out, but let people catch their breath.

"Great Learning Experience With Little Work Life Balance"

I worked at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Decent pay and you'll continually learn new things.

Cons

Training is minimum as the company is growing fast and hours can be insane. senior consultants are strapped with projects making it impossible for them to help associate consultants.

Advice to Management

Quality over quantity. I saw a lot of projects go live that were not ready, causing employees to scramble to clean up issues after live. Training materials are getting better however more work needs to be done. A lot of questions and issues but no answers. Let some of your SME consultants teach other consultants instead of overloading them with projects.

"Not Happy Resource"

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Product functionality and Product Vision

Cons

Long Hours, Unrealistic Projects. Not enough skilled resources to support project work and Incorrect Delivery Model

Advice to Management

Delivery Model is a failure. Internal Training is a failure. Resources and Model require advanced resources to deliver. New Employees will not be successful.

Ceridian Response

Jan 13, 2017 – VP of Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that this was your experience. I have forwarded your comments along to the appropriate leaders within the company. If you are willing to provide us with ... More

"buyer"

I worked at Ceridian full-time

Pros

life work, salary, vacation, virtual

Cons

management not in tune to environment

Advice to Management

get it right

9. "Lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, lots of interesting work to be done. You have the ability to take on more than your job description allows if you're willing an eager. Lots of flexibility to work remotely, good work-life balance.

Cons

A lot of people have been with the company for a long time and are set in their ways, even when there is a better solution to a problem. The company is also fairly siloed and it is difficult to work cross-functionally at times. The benefit plans and incentives are skewed more toward people with tenure/kids - there isn't much focus on retaining earlier career professionals.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for young career professionals, including clear career tracks and communicating what is expected of those who wish to advance.

"A Great Place to Work and Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ceridian has gone through a radical transformation in the last few years moving from a service bureau model to a leading and innovative HCM SaaS technology company. Ceridian has dedicated its direction and future towards this new model and there is a great deal of excitement surrounding the refined focus. Opportunities for advancement are plenty, I have never worked for a company that offers the amount of opportunity for advancement not only within your own functional group but the ability to advance into other functional areas. I have personally experienced a great deal of investment and opportunity from leadership to help advance my career and grow within the organization. The culture is not that of a typical office, there are numerous employee events and activities that allow you to get out and meet others within the office, including executive level leadership who are extremely approachable and present at events. Minneapolis has a beautiful campus overlooking the Minnesota wildlife preserve (I have never had a desk with such a view). The office environment is laid back and fun, there's opportunity to take a quick break in the game room, fitness center, or outside to play bags. Between the awesome culture and the Dayforce product Ceridian is going nowhere but up as it continues to grow.

Cons

Less executive presence in the Minneapolis office than in the past, leadership does make a great effort to attend events and activities when onsite.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing in the current direction, the changes and cultural shift I experienced over the last few years have kept me excited to be with Ceridian.

11. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product and Sales Management team.

Cons

Long implementation lead times, low commission payouts, hold commissions for 6 months.

Advice to Management

Address implementation lead times and adjust the commission payouts to competitive rates.