Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor

1,048 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,048 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work life balance as you have the ability to work from home (which is sometimes needed with the workload) (in 124 reviews)

• Love that there is an option to work from home (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 52 reviews)

• Lots of favoritism from upper management (in 26 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people here are great - it's like a family. The environment is very flexible and takes into account individual needs. There is great work/life balance. There has been a much greater emphasis on employee engagement in recent months and our leaders are showing it by improving many employee programs and benefits.

Cons

This could be a con to some - there is constant change. If you like change, Ceridian is the place to be!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! There have been a lot of improvements to the employee experience recently and they are very much appreciated. Thank you for being transparent on what is going on in the company.

2. "Case Specialist"

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly coworkers

Cons

none at all. Great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. "Manager"

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

I am a boomerang employee who returned to Ceridian about a year ago. The culture at Ceridian has vastly improved from what it was when I left. Upper management communication is very transparent and they are eager to hear concerns of both customers and employees. Not only do they listen; they act upon the feedback they receive. The work flexibility, benefits and pay make Ceridian a great place to work.

Cons

Moving fast and trying to keep up with the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep talking and listening!

"Dynamic Growing Tech Company that cares!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, People, People
    The whole team is engaged at all levels. The environment is encouraging and fun. The work is challenging but very rewarding.
    The company's values and strategic direction are compelling!

Cons

If you like static jobs, this is not the place for you. Work is dynamic and fluid. Be able to flex and help make the place better!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and love the more frequent employee pulse program. Keep it up!

5. "Work hard and you can go far."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is open and understanding. Work/life balance is great. Pay and benefits match the market.

Cons

Senior management changes every couple of years, and with that comes workforce and departmental expense reductions. Note that this is part of most growing businesses.

Advice to Management

Continue to involve all levels in decision-making and promote from within. The confidence of knowing you have the ability to work hard and you will go far in the company is a great part of why lower-level employees stay.

6. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very innovative technologies and leadership is very forward thinking. Work life balance is highly encouraged and my immediate team who I work with as well as my colleagues from across the country is very helpful. Everyone wears multiple hats and encourages teamwork!

Cons

Because our technology is so innovative, we're all learning together. Just when I think I've mastered it, we change our game.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people to keep up with market demand and focus on better our service strategy for our new platform.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director Advisor Relations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director Advisor Relations in New York, NY

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, amazing culture strategic direction is innovative

Cons

Change is difficult for many that were long term members of the firm

"Review from current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great place to work! The culture is very fun and engaging. I have great work/life balance . The enthusiasm of leadership is engaging.

Cons

Not really a con, good vacation but cannot roll over unused hours and must use it by the middle of summer.

9. "Great Company with a Great Product"

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Ceridian really cares about its employees and its customers, and it shows. From the top down, having an industry-leading product is a core focus. You can tell that David Ossip knows what he is talking about, and understands the technology, which is very unusual if you look at other CEOs in the HCM space. I came from another HCM software company, one that prides itself on taking care of its people, and my experience at Ceridian has been much better. At Ceridian, they walk the talk. My last company was bad about preventing employees from advancing their careers, and Ceridian encourages advancement. There are many strong leaders in place at Ceridian, and the future is very bright.

Cons

They still need to 'trim the fat' a little. There are people in leadership positions that have achieved that due more to staying power than ability. As the company continues to grow, hopefully some of the weaker leaders will be phased out, so Ceridian can reach its true potential.

Advice to Management

Stop 'finding a home' for people who need to go by shuffling them to another position. If somebody has been with the company for 10, 20, or more years, they shouldn't be awarded tenure like a university professor. I love that Ceridian takes care of people, but sometimes a separation is needed.

10. "Employee Experience"

Current Employee - Project Manager (Implementation) in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Implementation) in Racine, WI

Pros

From the start, I knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. My recruiting and onboarding experience was amazing. The new hire orientation and training was organized and effective. I work remotely and feel connected to my team and peers. I know I make a difference. Ceridian is the leader in its market; clients love the technology and personal customer service.

Cons

Ceridian has exceeded my expectations, I have found my work life balance. I am fortunate to work with very smart people.

Showing 1,048 of 1,057 reviews