Cover image for Ceridian

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Ceridian Employee Reviews about "ceridian"

Updated Sep 22, 2021

Found 244 of over 2K reviews

Ceridian Co-CEOs David Ossip, Leagh Turner
David Ossip, Leagh Turner
1,267 Ratings

What people are saying about Ceridian

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management has no working knowledge of the products that they service and thus client issues are not resolved quickly or correctly.(in 83 reviews)
  • "There is no training for Application Analysts so they're stuck in a 'sink or swim' environment.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Managers don'T know how to coach and don't listen to what you want to move forward doing.(in 41 reviews)
  • "long hours and cannot take vacation in December/January(in 22 reviews)
  • "Then upper management got greedy(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ceridian and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "ceridian"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Employee

Aug 13, 2021 - Senior Business Systems Analyst in North Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful company culture and values

Cons

No cons for Ceridian. Overall a great employer to work for

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Culture Roller Coaster with constant mixed messages

Aug 24, 2021 - Large Enterprise Sales in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong existing product in regards to Payroll only. The continuous calculation technology is truly innovating the industry. - Some very dedicated and loyal Employees - I had a great Manager - Strong benefits package and revised comp plan for Sales

Cons

Comp plan. For fiscal year 2021, till about mid year, this was the worst plan I’ve ever experienced in my 20+ years of selling. For example, I had SCs make $410.57 USD off of a decent sized SaaS deal. The team didn’t even get thanked when they had to drop everything to support closing this deal early. Leader (newly hired from Oracle) just moved onto the next deal without one iota of their acknowledgment or gratitude to these very important positions. For a leader not to say thank you is disgusting and arrogant but this is the culture that is being hired. Additionally, when my sales team put together a list of questions regarding the comp plan, the majority were condescendingly answered with: “This is our GTM strategy for 2021”. This is one example of transparency that is only spoken about and not exhibited at Ceridian. While I understand Ceridian is not a democracy, the basic concepts of explaining “The Why” would have led to much better change management. Basic communication and respect for each other as colleagues is what it boiled down to, or the clear lack thereof. The plan has since been updated to be more competitive for 2021, this is after David Ossip (CEO & Chairman) personally came on our call and apologized for “this big mistake”...yet incompetence remains. Erosion of culture. Team SAP Canada and the respective culture took over with their unconscious ignorance. Rigor, constant process change, inefficient selling mixed with useless middle management quickly followed. There is a culture of arrogance & bias from Team SAP Canada, insinuating if you don’t have SAP specific software experience (or a company which they believe is at the same caliber), you’re less of an employee and therefore they won’t promote from within because existing employees are inferior. How many existing Ceridian employees have been promoted in leadership since they took over? I believe it may only be one in the Sales organization. The constant hiring externally is just proof of this despite the lip service Leadership states otherwise. While this is harsh, perception is reality and the unconscious ignorance really shines through. One particular group in mind is the Sales Strategy Group, which parallels the parable of The Emperor’s Clothing. They can’t execute or retain employees and everyone sees his nakedness while he (and she) thinks they’re doing a great job. The Emperor is losing so many employees, I wonder if there will be anyone left to laugh behind his back or create “demand” statistics from Salesforce. Lack of brand awareness & effective marketing. I had prospects still ask me if Ceridian was owned by ADP. When this was brought up internally, I was told: “That’s an uneducated buyer.” True, these were uneducated prospects but the retort from Marketing Leadership is purely an excuse for not taking accountability. Is the onus on Ceridian or the uneducated buyer to know our market position, product offering and brand? Would Ceridian not allow the prospect to do business with Ceridian because they were uneducated? Outside of my BDE and I doing outreach, I only had one conversation with a prospect that I could actually tie to a bonafide marketing campaign. I’m not suggesting to sponsor Serena Williams or, perhaps rename Boston’s TD Center, but could you do something that actually makes an impact on my business? Perhaps a digital investment into better SEO, where Ceridian doesn’t organically show up on page 2-27 of a google search for: “Payroll software” or “Workforce Management Software” (and many more!). Truly global understanding. Majority of existing leadership all came from SAP Canada and believe it or not, there are larger businesses greater than 10,000 employees. I always had to laugh when Team SAP Canada would say, “...it's a big company with 8,000 employees....” I questioned if Leadership truly understood how companies operate in a Shared Services Model (globally or not). All Hands Calls for Sales just constantly highlighted the “great work and excellence” Ceridian is doing to win deals of 1,400 - 3,800 employees. It was hard to determine if I was watching a comedy special or business presentation.

30 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Ceridian team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work Life Balance

Aug 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ceridian is a great place to work. Emphasis is on work life balance. The overall culture and respect for diversity is another plus. You are able to work from home or work in the office, depending on your preferences, not to mention there is flexibility to work the schedule that works best for you in your position.

Cons

There aren't really any cons to working at Ceridian. The job is what you make it.

5. 5.0

The Future is Bright!

Jul 3, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ceridian has visionary leadership that is keenly focused on the success of its customers by creating quantifiable business value and strong partnerships. Has a great culture with many opportunities for advancement for its employees. Fun place to work! Highly recommend!

Cons

No cons can think of.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Why Did You Move Away From Being A Culture Driven Organization?

May 21, 2021 - Major Account Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people in rank and file - Great CEO

Cons

- Changes in the Executive Leadership - Comp plan that is draconian - Culture no longer matters - Share Holders are now more important than employees of Ceridian

32 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0

Culture Change

Apr 9, 2021 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great long term talent and flexible work environment

Cons

The culture at Ceridian has changed considerably in the last 2 years. Almost the entire leadership team that built the culture alongside David Ossip has been replaced. As we continue to grow globally and at scale, it is critical to have a cohesive engaged employee base. The team needs to be motivated and inspired. Many colleagues comment on how they miss David Ossip's passion for the business and hands-on approach to leading. The President has implemented an entirely new way of working, but it is perceived as a lift and shift of her SAP experience. Ceridian is not SAP. High potential talent is looking externally, because they didn't want to work for SAP when they came to Ceridian. They were looking for a high growth environment, a commitment to a product vision and the ability to be agile and move quickly. Unfortunately, now the tell tale signs of corporate politics and bureaucracy are slowing down the business and making people question the values.

36 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fast paced and challenging - but worth it!

Apr 13, 2021 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working at Ceridian. The company has been through considerable change almost constantly for the long-time I've been employed. This makes for a challenging work environment when employees are held accountable for their job responsibilities. You will never be bored at Ceridian. The growth prospects are huge. The strategy is clearly defined and communicated. The pay and benefits are excellent, and the opportunity for promotion is significant. The higher you move up in the organization, the more earnings potential in the form of RSU grants and bonus.

Cons

Going through some leadership changes across product and sales, but the new leaders are fantastic and bringing a different perspective. I believe this is short-term pain for long-term gain.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Always changing

Apr 8, 2021 - Solution Architect in Bloomington, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ceridian has great people on the ground, they are always focused on what's best for the client.

Cons

There is too much change with the new executive management team. While the direction seems clear, the constant upheaval is difficult for employees and customers.

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Career Growth with little limits

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Implementation Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ceridian promotes from within Education opportunities Working on work/life balance Unlimited PTO (if your job is done) Great culture overall

Cons

Still needs to work on work/life balance for employees. Fast paced - which can be a pro or a con depending on your personality. Sometimes you feel like you're working in a silo in your segment

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing company even in difficult times, which is genuinely committed to investing in its employees

Feb 26, 2021 - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The old saying here is very true: A rising tide floats all boats. Because Ceridian has by far the best HCM platform in the industry and is led by a true visionary, it has driven incredible and sustained growth over the past eight years. With growth comes opportunity. It’s actually fun to be a part of something that is redefining the market and providing genuine value to our expanding customer base.

Cons

With growth comes a lot of change, which can be challenging for those who prefer a steady state. It can also mean long hours sometimes as we all end up wearing multiple hats to effectively serve our customers, partners and fellow employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 244 Reviews