Certes Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Paul German
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great work environment, talented coworkers"

I have been working at Certes Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kind of a hybrid startup environment--established company, but still room for a single employee to make a difference
    Fast-paced environment
    Great dress code (jeans allowed!)
    Contrary to a prior review: Raises went out in engineering earlier this year
    Salary at or above market rate
    Often get to use more modern stack / technologies, depending on project

Cons

Sometimes direction changes quickly--although mostly to be expected in this market

2. "Things finally looking up for Certes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Certes Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel that we are working on a great technology with the potential to make a big impact in the network security area. The new leadership team is doing a much better job of being open and honest in their communications to employees. There is much more communication now then in the past.

Cons

Still feel that we are stuggling with marketing our existing and new products to existing and potential customers. In past sales team focused on selling a new product that was still not ready for prime time. They are now focused on selling our existing products which I see as a big improvement and gives us a much better chance at success.

Advice to Management

I still feel we need to do a better job of reaching out to customers and soliciting their feedback on features that would make our products more desirable.

3. "Great place to work - I feel valued and appreciated"

Current Employee - Sales Director - Eastern U S in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Director - Eastern U S in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Certes Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executive Management is highly accessible and very supportive. The culture is amazing and everyone seems committed to delivering delight to our customers and prospects. I feel very empowered to to make decisions in the best interest of the company and our partners and am comfortable that management will have my back. We have incredibly talented technical and engineering teams that are always ready, willing, and able to jump in to help solve customer problems. The most important thing is that I am having fun working for a company that is a rising star in the Cyber Security field.

Cons

The only negative thing that comes to mind is that the Certes Networks name is not very widely known, but we are working on changing that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and I very much appreciate the transparency and guidance.

4. "Focus, accountability and a clear plan to success"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Certes Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New leadership bringing focus, accountability and a clear direction to achieve the potential of Certes. Killer technology that offers a clear differentiation to our partners and drives real security innovation for our customers

Cons

Spent allot of time focusing on the wrong solution set and the messaging was complex. This has been addressed

Advice to Management

Continue with the good communication and eomployee engagement. Keep the focus and please push for the investment in FIPS, CC and Other key accreditations

5. "anonymous"

I have been working at Certes Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no more pros remaining to working at Certes.

Cons

Poor management decision-making. Lack of company, market strategy. Uncertain product direction. Overworked engineering staff. Lack of business processes. No communication. Low, poor employee morale. No compensation increase for employees in several years. Company is going downhill.

Advice to Management

The board of directors needs to make significant changes in executive management team and business plan.

6. "Certes Networks"

Former Employee - Electronics Engineer Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Electronics Engineer Technician in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Nice people, easy to work, great enviroment, etc

Cons

No raises once you start work.

7. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Unknown in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Unknown in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Certes Networks (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional Staff and a good vision

Cons

Need to be ready to work for start up

8. "New Strategy, New Management, New CEO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Certes Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New CEO, New Management have turned things around. Everyone is engaged and completely behind the new vision/strategy. We now have one of the best management teams, who have been successful in several other startups.
    The company is now tackling one of the most challenging problems of enterprise encryption in the day of BYOD mobiles and cloud. If executed right, it would change how enterprise thing of security.

Cons

Tackling one of the most challenging problems of enterprise encryption in the day of BYOD mobiles and cloud. This is a big challenge and would take some time to get mindshare and marketshare.

Advice to Management

Great job in driving strategy and getting everyone behind it. Keep executing.

"Outstanding Product. Insufficient Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Certes Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product is excellent, absolutely best in breed. New ideas are supported and fostered.

Cons

Senior management team was replaced several years ago by a team from Fore Systems. The new(ish) leadership is ineffective. They systematically chased out their best employees from almost every department in the company.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what I would say to the management. I would instead tell the board to wipe out the existing senior management team, and put in a group of high energy, FOCUSED leaders with the passion and ability to execute. From my experience, the senior management team was constantly changing direction, and incapable of nurturing the capabilities of their employees.

"Terrific potential with excellent product but poor execution."

I worked at Certes Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Encryption appliances were best of breed product. Systems Engineers were excellent and well liked by customers.

Cons

Sales leadership was non existent. A ship with nobody at the helm, changing direction every month.

Advice to Management

Aside from CFO, refresh. Focus on govt. sector. This is the natural place for the products. Get 100G encryption in place immediately to hit the next market refresh. Move IP of software to VM/standard server versus appliances.